Author Topic: "I'll Kill Everyone on This Plane!"  (Read 4295 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: "I'll Kill Everyone on This Plane!"
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 01:53:11 PM »
I would have been comfortable giving her a smack down just for generally endangering others on the flight.  Even though she could not have opened a door, there are other ways to cause serious problems in flight.
That said, if she had be my seat mate, I would have been comfortable giving her a smack down just for being an absolute inconsiderate ass.  A nicotine fit does not cut it for an excuse.

If she was having "anxiety" because of nicotine cravings or whatever the excuse what about the people she may have actually set off into a panic or anxiety attack by standing up and threatening to kill them all. I think everyone of them should have been allowed at least one free swing. ;)

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 01:57:46 PM »
At least an open hand slap.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 04:51:02 PM »
Even though she could not have opened a door, there are other ways to cause serious problems in flight.

Windows are tough, but not indestructible, especially if she can get something heavy like a fire extinguisher.  She also had some source of fire on her, apparently, and while most of the stuff there is supposed to be fire resistant, it's not all fireproof.  Then there's the simplest matter of being in a relatively small enclosed space with a lot of people; just thrashing around with no skill at all could cause some nasty injuries to others.  If she got her hands on a seat belt extender, swinging it around the cabin indiscriminately could result in some hospitalizations.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 07:25:02 PM »
It is not possible to open the emergency exits or other doors in flight.  You would have to be Superman to accomplish that.

[tinfoil]  "The Six Million Dollar Man"  bionically kicked open a door on a 727 in one early episode...while he had no cape or big "S",   does that count? [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 07:32:34 PM »
Windows are tough, but not indestructible, especially if she can get something heavy like a fire extinguisher.  She also had some source of fire on her, apparently, and while most of the stuff there is supposed to be fire resistant, it's not all fireproof.  Then there's the simplest matter of being in a relatively small enclosed space with a lot of people; just thrashing around with no skill at all could cause some nasty injuries to others.  If she got her hands on a seat belt extender, swinging it around the cabin indiscriminately could result in some hospitalizations.

Finding outlandish threats like this is what leads to double-tapping someone crawling on the floor with an AR.

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2017, 10:21:20 PM »
Finding outlandish threats like this is what leads to double-tapping someone crawling on the floor with an AR.

Slight difference between heavily armed cops with lots of backup and disarmed passengers trapped on a plane with a lunatic.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2017, 08:46:53 AM »
Slight difference between heavily armed cops with lots of backup and disarmed passengers trapped on a plane with a lunatic.

There is a slight difference, you are correct.  However the attitude that you displayed (perhaps in jest) in your post that "anything I can think of that could happen is a credible threat and can be defended against." is very much the attitude that has been adopted by some LEO's and leads to double tapping weeping folks that are crawling on the floor.

Not everything that could be a threat is a credible threat.  Context matters.  A nic fitting, aggressive lady on an airplane might need to be restrained, but almost certainly does not need to be beaten into submission.  "I'll kill everyone on this plane", absent some evidence that she actually could, is not reason to pretend she's threatening the lives of everyone on the plane.

I would also posit, perhaps only a little in jest, that given the amount of grouches, curmudgeons, and plain aholes on this board, perhaps we should not be quick to espouse that everyone who is disruptive and says intemperate things needs to be "tuned up".

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2017, 09:05:37 AM »
Had I been on the plane I'd have been inclined to put a fist in the middle of her gob just because she was annoying me.

I don't care if she's having anxiety because of nicotine withdrawal or what.

When I fly I have serious anxiety to the point where I need to fly drugged. And the last thing I'd want to deal with is some entitled bitchy old woman telling me she's going to kill me.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2017, 09:13:47 AM »
Had I been on the plane I'd have been inclined to put a fist in the middle of her gob just because she was annoying me.

When I fly I have serious anxiety to the point where I need to fly drugged. And the last thing I'd want to deal with is some entitled bitchy old woman telling me she's going to kill me.

That's what I was saying. Some people are scared of flying, some to the point they are barely holding on and then up jumps somebody saying she is going to kill everyone. That is a recipe for more chaos. I think FAs should be given cattle prods, they could come in handy several times during the boarding process and flight I am sure.

bob

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2017, 09:14:41 AM »
Next week's thread:

Drugged old man attacks woman on airplane.  Fellow passengers tune him up.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2017, 09:59:43 AM »
Next week's thread:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2017, 10:15:57 AM »

I would also posit, perhaps only a little in jest, that given the amount of grouches, curmudgeons, and plain aholes on this board, perhaps we should not be quick to espouse that everyone who is disruptive and says intemperate things needs to be "tuned up".

Speaking as one of the resident grouchy curmudgeons, I'll just say that (in general) we curmudgeons don't wander around making idle threats. You can be fairly well assured that if I were to say, "I'm going to kill everyone on this airplane" -- I would probably mean it.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2017, 11:06:43 AM »

Next week's thread:

There's a whole thread, right there.

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2017, 04:52:38 PM »
A nic fitting, aggressive lady on an airplane might need to be restrained, but almost certainly does not need to be beaten into submission.

I'm an angry person.  If I can go from pack-a-day to none for 36 hours without turning a Parker County holding cell into a bloodbath, anyone who's already into screaming threats within a couple hours needs a beatdown before they get to the next stage.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2017, 07:44:48 PM »
I bet it has less to do with the lack of nicotine and more to do with the entitled princess mentality.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2017, 07:47:02 PM »
I bet it has less to do with the lack of nicotine and more to do with the entitled princess mentality.

Occam's Razor at work again.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2017, 08:19:56 PM »

Not so much; I'm pretty sure most of you honyocks owe me plenty for putting up with you, but I don't beat it out of you because then I'd be expected to visit you in the hospital, which means putting up with you even more, and when you're likely to be all sore and whiny too.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2017, 09:07:25 PM »
Not so much; I'm pretty sure most of you honyocks owe me plenty for putting up with you, but I don't beat it out of you because then I'd be expected to visit you in the hospital, which means putting up with you even more, and when you're likely to be all sore and whiny too.

I was talking about the woman on the plane, not you, but if the shoe fits...
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2017, 09:16:31 PM »
Next week's thread:

Drugged old man attacks woman on airplane.  Fellow passengers help him.
In this case, I think this is more accurate.   =D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc
Classic Movie Scene.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2017, 11:45:54 PM »
In this case, I think this is more accurate.   =D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc
Classic Movie Scene.

See my post from December 18 at 9:50:14 ...