Author Topic: My thoughts about politics  (Read 15621 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: My thoughts about politics
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2012, 07:24:23 PM »
Well, since our electorate is largely NOT middle class 25-year-olds, I guess we don't need to be blaming them for the state of our nation. 

We are right smack in the middle of a huge mess caused by the older generations that needs addressing right now instead of whining about the upcoming doom of our society due to young slackers.  These kids aren't going to be allowed near the wheels of power for another 20+ years anyway. 

Of course our electorate is not comprised "largely" of 25-yo middle class voters, but they were an important part--along with women, minorities, and the techno-juridical-nobility--of why Obama has pitched his tent in the White House.  I'll be happy to be disabused of any notion I have that they still don't really see what's wrong with the guy, even now.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2012, 07:25:41 PM »
Of course our electorate is not comprised "largely" of 25-yo middle class voters, but they were an important part--along with women, minorities, and the techno-juridical-nobility--of why Obama has pitched his tent in the White House.  I'll be happy to be disabused of any notion I have that they still don't really see what's wrong with the guy, even now.

I think there's a lot of dissatisfaction in that age group. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I hear a lot of the "i can't believe I voted for this guy" in my peer group
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2012, 07:26:59 PM »
Longeyes...

I do kind of wonder how many of those middle class kids you actually know.

In some ways, they are ignorent in the realities of life they'e never dealt with, but most do recognize that they've had it good and life in the good 'ol USA is not going to be the same.
They are not stupid. They can see the need for a diffrent way of doing things, they just don't know what it is thanks too their mentors up until now.
Give them a few more years to figure out the lies they were trained to beleive, and the idiocy of OWS, and you may end up suprised.

And I do kind of wonder how many of those middle class kids you actually have in your homestead.  It's not always pleasant to see uncomfortable truths.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2012, 07:27:50 PM »
I think there's a lot of dissatisfaction in that age group. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I hear a lot of the "i can't believe I voted for this guy" in my peer group

That's encouraging.  Prove me a curmudgeon.  I can live with it.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2012, 07:30:06 PM »
That's encouraging.  Prove me a curmudgeon.  I can live with it.

It's just what I have noticed in my age group. It may not apply nationwide, though i desperately hope it does.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2012, 10:06:22 PM »
And I do kind of wonder how many of those middle class kids you actually have in your homestead.  It's not always pleasant to see uncomfortable truths.

I think OWS did prove to be evidence of that age group relizing something is very wrong. And they did do something.
Was it the right thing to do? Was it well planned and exacuted? Did it make a whole lot of sense? No. but it still is an idication that they have figured out something is wrong, and they want to DO something about it.
They got the wrong message.
It's like a little kid who wants to say something, but can't quite figure out what they need to say.

And as others have said, it's not my generation that screwed the pooch on this. We were just kids while it all was going down the toliet.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Lee

• friend
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2012, 05:04:18 PM »
That's a good summary Balog....although you were pretty kind with the Cons.  I'm a little confused as to how the financial situation will improve with Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum once again promising to fix the world's issues.  Somehow we can afford $trillions to keep third world crap-holes afloat and "safe", but can't afford to temporarily subsidize American industry, or those who have lost their houses and jobs, till they get on their feet.