Author Topic: Shameless commercial plugs for  (Read 895 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Shameless commercial plugs for
« on: November 27, 2009, 12:41:21 PM »
1) a new&revised speedstrip that can fit almost any caliber, and 2) the Seecond Amendment.

OK, everybody else has already told you about their Black Friday specials.

Tuff Quick Strips Offer Options: …For many years, Bianchi produced the Speed Strip. Available only for the .38 revolver size cartridge case, it consisted of a spring steel stiffener overmolded with black, soft rubber that had six cutouts to hold the heads of .38 or .357 rounds. It became a popular accessory, permitting one to carry five or six rounds securely in a pocket. When needed, you could pull it out and load two chambers at a time by inserting the bullets and twisting the Speed Strip away… If QuickStrip isn’t available in your caliber, check out the head dimensions, specifically the rim diameter, for your round. These are easily found in a number of resources, including Cartridges of the World and The Ammo Encyclopedia.  For example, the .416 Rigby, which is listed as a crossover by QuickStrip for the .500 Linebaugh strips, has a rim diameter of .5902″. The .45-70 Government, which is chambered in my American Derringer M-4 Alaskan, has a rim diameter of .608″, and will carry in the QuickStrip. Indeed, by trial and error I discovered that the 7.62 x 39 mm rifle cartridge will fit into the .41 Magnum strip comfortably, providing a way to carry a few extras round when using one of the bolt action 7.62 x 39 rifles. Tuff Products have resurrected a valuable tool from days gone by, improved its construction, and considerably fleshed out its versatility. The QuickStrips are a handy tool to carry revolver reloads when not in a uniform, provide a manner to safely and quietly segregate and carry rifle rounds, and permit one to quietly and conveniently carry a few rounds of specialty ammunition for the duty gun.

http://www.lawofficer.com/news-and-articles/columns/Laska/reload_strips.html
http://www.tuffproducts.com/home.php?cat=265
http://www.tuffproducts.com/home.php?cat=265&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=2
---

Not Without a Fight is the story of one young man’s journey to understand what the Second Amendment means. By his own admission, he was rather blasé about guns and gun control issues. Immigrating from Honduras appears to have given Max an objectivity and inquisitiveness that led him down the same path that I took nearly 10 years ago: After separating rhetoric from reality, what can a reasoning person conclude? His journey ended up being chronicled in Not Without a Fight, though the focus remains on the subject matter…

http://www.examiner.com/x-2879-Austin-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m11d26-Spellbinding-proSecond-Amendment-film

Well, I don't know that there is any discount on these prices, but both products are probably more in line with what you really want Santa to bring you anyway.

TuffStrips are like the Speed Strips of old - but wait, there's more!  They come in a size for just about any caliber you have, and certainly for the calibers you carry every day.  (Yes, even that bearded old grump who keeps a .45-70 in the truck!)

The other one is a movie about a topic near and dear to our hearts.  It downloads directly to your computer.  I'm sure one of you will be able to tell me how to copy it to a writable DVD so I can send copies to those who really need to watch it.  (HINT - I need to be told how to do that.  OK?)

And for the final inducement, you can do your shopping in your bunny slippers without having to fight traffic and crowds.

Hope you are enjoying your leftovers.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Shameless commercial plugs for
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 06:48:47 PM »
Quickstrips are awesome.  I've been using them for my 44mag for about a year now (stumbled upon them at a gunshow).  Considering how many people are excited by these things, I can't believe Bianchi ignored the market for so long.  Oh well, their loss.

Chris