Author Topic: john lennon closet republican  (Read 2112 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
john lennon closet republican
« on: June 29, 2011, 02:46:40 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AZRedhawk44

• friends
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ned Hamford

• friend
Re: john lennon closet republican
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 12:26:35 AM »
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 01:53:30 AM »
Primal therapy will do that to a man.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 05:28:35 AM »
One CIA boss once said that a man who isn't a bit of a communist in his twenties doesn't have a heart, and who remains a commie past forty doesn't have a brain..

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:41:32 AM »
One CIA boss once said that a man who isn't a bit of a communist in his twenties doesn't have a heart, and who remains a commie past forty doesn't have a brain..

I didn't know Winston Churchill was a CIA boss.

And the quote is: “If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Lanius

• Excubitor
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 08:58:45 AM »
Ah.. so then it was a favorite quote of one CIA boss... I think the one that got paranoid and started a mole-hunt in the sixties or seventies.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 09:44:11 PM »
I guess it's easy enough to call for taking from the producers and giving to non-producers until you have aquired enough for them to start taking from you.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 10:12:37 PM »
You also have to remember that "liberal" Democrats back in the '60's were a lot more conservative than what we're seeing today......heck, JFK would be considered the leading Tea Party candidate with his platform (lower taxes, increased military involvements, hardline against foreign enemies, etc.)....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 09:54:23 PM »
So what.  The guy has been dead for, what, 30 some years..................................chris3

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 11:20:19 PM »
So what.  The guy has been dead for, what, 30 some years..................................chris3

Yet he still voted "Democrat" in the last Chicago election.....  ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.