Author Topic: Fistful and the Starbuck's boycott cost me at least $359!  (Read 2211 times)

dm1333

• friend
Fistful and the Starbuck's boycott cost me at least $359!
« on: August 24, 2013, 09:24:50 PM »
1.  OWS says they are going to boycott Charbucks.

2.  Fistful posts a link here.

3.  I head to the Charbuck's at a local mall to support them.

4.  While at the mall I check out the kayak carriers at Dick's Sporting Goods and notice a Ruger 10/22 Take down in their gun display.

5.  My wallet is now $359 lighter and I blame Fistful.  You make make reparations in the form of US dollars or ammunition to me, effective immediately!

6.  I will also accept an Aimpoint Micro red dot or a good quality (Weaver, leupold, etc.) 4X scope in lieu of US dollars.

Regolith

• friend
Re: Fistful and the Starbuck's boycott cost me at least $359!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 09:30:08 PM »
The fact that you shopped at Dick's means that, while it is still Fistful's fault, he is no longer monetarily liable.  :P
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 11:30:46 PM »
Generally I avoid Dick's like the plague (take that however you want!) but in this case the rifle was under MSRP and nobody else has them in stock.  So I held my nose and broke out my wallet.  And blamed Fistful!  I really did just go to the mall to buy some Starbuck's and leer at the pretty girls!

Levant

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 12:08:29 AM »
I have no sympathy, either, for someone who shops at Dicks. 
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 12:17:50 AM »

Admitting that you shopped at Dick's.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 02:10:46 AM »
Charbucks. Finally, a description of how that coffeelike swill tastes!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
Generally I avoid Dick's like the plague (take that however you want!) but in this case the rifle was under MSRP and nobody else has them in stock.  So I held my nose and broke out my wallet.  And blamed Fistful!  I really did just go to the mall to buy some Starbuck's and leer at the pretty girls!

But did they have any .22 ammo  ???    :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 01:17:35 PM »
Robert and I hit Starbucks yesterday.  The second time in my life.  $8.00 for a hot chocolate and a glass of reconstituted OJ.

I did loudly announce that only reason I was there was because Starbucks supports the 2A, and that as soon as Illinois gets it's carry law implemented, I might be back.

Holy crap!!!  $3-$5+ for a cup of coffee.  I remember when we'd hit the local diner for breakfast and it was  $.50 and free refills.  It is made with Unicorn horns or what?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »
But did they have any .22 ammo  ???    :facepalm:

No.  I have a good bit and ordered some more on line last night.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 03:36:31 PM »
Holy crap!!!  $3-$5+ for a cup of coffee.  I remember when we'd hit the local diner for breakfast and it was  $.50 and free refills.  It is made with Unicorn horns or what?

What kind of coffee did you buy?  A small (tall) is $2 at most of the ones I go to.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 04:24:05 PM »
Rule number one, it is always fistful's fault.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 04:49:24 PM »
What kind of coffee did you buy?  A small (tall) is $2 at most of the ones I go to.

Even the largest size of brewed coffee (the sort of stuff Scout claims to get for $.50 at a diner) is well under $3, which is on par with other coffee shops, stop n robs, and the like for a similar size.

Coffee *Drinks* are more expensive, but more ingredients and work go into them as well.

Chris

erictank

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 05:21:32 PM »

Last price I saw for a 10/22 Takedown was something like $450. I'd have jumped on that in a heartbeat!

Especially given the existence of a scapegoat like Fistful to take the blame.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 06:59:40 PM »
While your forum scapegoat must take the blame for pretty much everything, shopping at Dick's is against the forum rules, so that's on you.  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 08:33:10 PM »
1.  This is Wheaton, IL so prices tend to run higher.

2.  Robert got a hot chocolate with whipped cream and extra chocolate.  I wasn't paying attention when he ordered as I was trying to see if the cute lady, roughly my age, that had walked in had a ring her finger.  Sadly, she did.

3.  I ordered the Orange Whip, or what that is.  It was too hot for tea, although thinking back I guess I could have ordered Iced Tea. 

4.  I had no $2 bills.  But it was after we cut the grass in the morning, went to his ball game (He's playing Fall Baseball), and then ate dinner.  Not much time to run to/try to find an open bank and get a couple of $2 bills.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 08:42:11 PM »
Robert and I hit Starbucks yesterday.  The second time in my life.  $8.00 for a hot chocolate and a glass of reconstituted OJ.

I did loudly announce that only reason I was there was because Starbucks supports the 2A, and that as soon as Illinois gets it's carry law implemented, I might be back.

Untrue.

Starbucks doesn't give a fig, pro or anti, 2A.  They only care to remain neutral in the whole affair, and not foist one angle upon a customer base that would not appreciate that.  They just respect freedom of individual choice within the confines of the law.  They are NOT going to get involved in lobbying for any changes in the law in either direction.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 08:51:10 PM »
Last price I saw for a 10/22 Takedown was something like $450. I'd have jumped on that in a heartbeat!

Especially given the existence of a scapegoat like Fistful to take the blame.

Which is why I now own one.  Every other gun shop I have been in said they were sold out and didn't know when they were going to get more.  The one complaint I have heard was of mushy triggers but this one feels fairly crisp.  I can always drop in an aftermarket trigger if needed.