Main Forums > The Roundtable

Branson for adults

(1/2) > >>

Perd Hapley:
Can two people in their 40s with no children have fun at Branson? My wife wants to go there this spring. She's been a couple of times over the past several years. I haven't been since I was a kid, and when I look up the events/attractions there, I don't see much that interests me, or if it does, it's spendy. Steal Your Dollar Silly is a pricey ticket, and only ye olde time handicrafts would really interest me, I think.

Have you been, and what did you like about it?

Pb:
I like Silver Dollar City.

charby:
I was there in 1997 at 23 years old, I enjoyed the shows. I hated the traffic and the crowds at Silver Dollar City. Not sure how it is now.

JTHunter:
Sorry Perd.  It has been so long, I don't remember the last time I went.  Probably 30 years ago.
The best show (that is no longer there!) was Harold Bell Wright's "Shepherd of the Hills".
And, as Charby said, the crowds at SDC were horrible, even back then.  Now, after pandemic lockdowns, it is likely even worse.

Perd Hapley:

--- Quote from: JTHunter on January 19, 2024, 11:06:10 PM ---Sorry Perd.  It has been so long, I don't remember the last time I went.  Probably 30 years ago.
The best show (that is no longer there!) was Harold Bell Wright's "Shepherd of the Hills".
And, as Charby said, the crowds at SDC were horrible, even back then.  Now, after pandemic lockdowns, it is likely even worse.

--- End quote ---

I believe they brought back The Shepherd of the Hills.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version