Author Topic: Mass murder in Ohio  (Read 5443 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Mass murder in Ohio
« on: December 31, 2007, 05:14:12 AM »
Another mass murder in Ohio, this time five members of a the same family slaughteredby a drunk driver.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,319165,00.html

I wonder if we will hear our politicians calling for bans on High capacity vehicles like the F350 driven by the killer? Will there be blame laid at the steps of Ford motor Company for producing such a monstrosity? The Astro minivan, a favorite of soccer moms everywhere didn't stand a chance agianst such a laviathon.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: Mass murder in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 09:17:30 AM »
We need to outlaw soccer moms. It's the only way to make the world safer.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 09:21:42 AM »
Best shocked expression I've seen was when I stopped in a traffic court to give someone something, and there was a guy before the judge being sentenced for a second DUI on a license suspension. In NH, that's a mandatory 7 days in prison, no way to get out of that. He was in stunned disbelief that he was actually going to go to jail.

Good.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 10:06:29 AM »
Tests showed his blood-alcohol level was .254, more than three times Ohio's legal limit of .08.

Well, maybe if we lower the limit to .05 then these things won't happen ....  rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 10:14:40 AM »
Sad story...  sad
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Paddy

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 10:34:23 AM »
I'll bet he has a history of drunk driving. 

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 11:06:18 AM »
Personally, I think that this SOB should be charged w/ Aggravated Murder.  I.E., he WILLFULLY and INTENTIONALLY chose to go out, drink, and then drive.  As a direct result of his choices, he killed 5 people. 

Riley, I too doubt that this is his first time driving drunk.

Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 11:31:32 AM »
We need to outlaw soccer moms. It's the only way to make the world safer.
What in the hell does that have to do with this accident?

It's sad to see that these people lost thier lives to a stupid ass moron who drove drunk.  Several families feeling alot of hurt by this senseless act. 

I have no pitty on this driver.  May he rott in jail.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 01:54:44 PM »
And three people were killed in my town this morning by a drunk driver.

Anyone who drives drunk ought to be shot. 

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

280plus

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 02:19:36 PM »
May he rott in jail.
Or hell, whichever comes first... 

mustanger98

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 02:25:06 PM »
I recall hearing, back in the '80's, some countries mandated summary execution of drunk drivers.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 02:33:26 PM »
Two of the children who were killed are from my city, and probably attended my youngest daughter's school.  I ran the names past her and she didn't recognize them.

Apparently Mr. Drunkass had stopped at a fast-food restaurant, where the employees called 911 as he drove away.  Unfortunately, they were too late.

Reminds me of the time I was in line at Pet Supplies Plus, and the guy behind me stunk of whiskey.  Red faced, staggering, etc.  I waited in the lot for a minute, wondering if he was going to drive (the store is within short walking distance of a neighborhood).  Sure enough he staggered out to his tricked-out Camaro and got in.  I called police immediately, and followed him while staying on the phone with an officer.  They showed up and nailed him quickly. Thank god that incident ended better than this one.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 10:32:18 PM »
I hate drunk drivers. When working the rez, hardly a week went by that there wasn't an alcohol related crash with fatalities. At the begining of last summer we went 6 weekends in a row where at least one person 17 or younger died as a direct result of alcohol and a car.

Whenever I see someone driving like they may be drunk, I will call the police and let them know.

bob

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 05:55:20 AM »
Not to defend the drunken slob in the pickup, but according to my count, they managed to shoehorn 8 people into that pos Ford Astro?  shocked.  I dated a girl that drove one, and it was good for 5 people max...   Way past capacity pry didn't help the mortality rate.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 06:23:31 AM »
It was a Chevy Astro which is a minivan. very easy to fit 8 people comfortably but aperantly not safely.

Never heard of a Ford Astro, can'f find it with google either maybe my google -fu is not up to the task. Smiley
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 07:11:36 AM »
It was a Chevy Astro which is a minivan. very easy to fit 8 people comfortably but aperantly not safely.

Never heard of a Ford Astro, can'f find it with google either maybe my google -fu is not up to the task. Smiley
Might be a Ford Aero?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 07:40:24 AM »
I have an idea, why don't we just make it illegal to drive drunk?

If we did that, everyone would stop doing it, right?

One day at a time.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 12:03:18 PM »
I have an idea, why don't we just make it illegal to drive drunk?

If we did that, everyone would stop doing it, right?

No, No, No! We need to make it harder for people that don't drink and drive to buy cars! If it saves just one childs life!

Samuel Adams

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 07:25:37 PM »
Aerostar, my bad.  Brain thought one thing and fingers typed another.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 06:37:27 PM »
I recall hearing, back in the '80's, some countries mandated summary execution of drunk drivers.

el salvador   trial by three man military tribunal. guy with multiple dui's sent to the firing squad. head of tribunal was asked by a reporter " isn't that a lil harsh?"   he said " i feel bad for his wife and kids but they are better off without him"

280plus

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 04:47:45 AM »
i feel bad for his wife and kids but they are better off without him"
Now THAT'S a country...  laugh

You know, I've been reading a lot about different people getting killed by drunks lately. One local guy just got 6 years for it (IIRC) plus I just read where another guy crossed the center line and killed a guy on a motorcycle just a day or two ago. He blew a .302, you think people would learn, but they don't...  rolleyes

sad