Author Topic: Someday you will remember this as where it all started  (Read 1761 times)

brimic

• friends
Someday you will remember this as where it all started
« on: October 12, 2012, 08:28:47 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/news/usandworld/national/us-targets-violent-central-american-street-gang1222c269b5924f35aa54da5a075d005d-173734691.html

WASHINGTON (AP) The Obama administration declared the ultra-violent street gang MS-13 to be an international criminal group on Thursday, an unprecedented crackdown targeting the finances of the sprawling U.S. and Central American gang infamous for hacking and stabbing victims with machetes.

The Treasury Department formally designated MS-13, or Mara Salvatrucha, a transnational criminal organization.

They stop just short of calling them a 'terrorist organization', I guess that classification is designated for the VFW, NRA, and home schoolers.

ICE Director John Morton described the designation as a "powerful weapon" for his agency's effort to dismantle the gang. The action "allows us to strike at the financial heart of MS-13," he said.

I guess Mr Morton's duties of keeping our borders secure has been so full of fail that we now have to switch to full on fascist tyranny to keep us all safe.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Someday you will remember this as where it all started
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 09:40:28 PM »
Does this mean that the IRS will tax them like a one-percenter?....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
Sorry , I'm missin it

What precisely is the problem with going after ms13?

There are plenty of reasons to dislike the Obama administration. We do not have to manufacture them
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 10:23:39 PM »
transnational criminal organization.

Is this not accurate?

Hell, I'm for hunting down and executing MS-13 members right on the street.

We do not have to manufacture them

This. They actually are a terrorist group, IMHO, too. Real terrorists, not made up boogeymen...something has got to be done about them.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »
Sorry , I'm missin it

There are plenty of reasons to dislike the Obama administration. We do not have to manufacture them

I'm referring to that 4th amendment thing in a roundabout way.
I love the fact that the feds are finally going after them, as most people would be inclined to be. I and many others would watch in glee as we see the feds crack some skulls and confiscate all of their stuff- at first....

The problem is that MS-13 is at the top of the list, after they are checked off, the next 'problem' on the list will get checked off, and then the next...

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 10:34:17 PM »
This. They actually are a terrorist group, IMHO, too. Real terrorists, not made up boogeymen...something has got to be done about them.

You do realize that the AG's office has a list of 'terrorist organizations' that begin with 'gangs' and end with that group of ladies that cleans your church, right?

Barack Obama

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 11:06:27 PM »
One group of Feds goes after them; another group of makes sure their cousins get easy entrance to the USA.

Please.  This is FUBAR.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 11:26:58 PM »
that group of ladies that cleans your church

Their cleaning supplies are meth precursors!!!

And aren't those international gangs just doing the violent crimes American gangs are just too lazy to do?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 01:33:45 PM »
I live in an area of 2 intersecting interstates and 4 major US highways and an easy day drive to the NE corridor. Unlike some pollyanna types I know the drug traffickers are here. Carry bigger mags and another gun.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 02:32:30 PM »
The war on drugs is the only thing that gives street gangs power.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 04:44:32 PM »
The war on insatiable need for drugs by americans and the inability/unwillingness of the users to grow or make their own is the only thing that gives street gangs power.

fixed it
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 04:45:25 PM »
Sorry , I'm missin it

very true. i guess that makes you a statist too >:D
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 09:46:47 AM »
The war on insatiable need for drugs by americans and the inability/unwillingness of the users to grow or make their own is the only thing that gives street gangs power.
fixed it
Oh for crying out loud.

If they do make their own a bunch of tacticool cops break down their door at three in the morning, shoot the family pomeranian, ransack the three year kids room, and maybe confiscate a couple of joints. Bonus points if they can't read numbers break down the door to the wrong house. Then you might get a new door...unless of course you shoot home invaders that just happen to be cops, then you're a hardened criminal of the worst sort and must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

No, what give street gangs power is the government picking and choosing what substances one is allowed to put in their own damn body. Forcing production and distribution to criminal networks that operate by criminal means. How many people are killed over alcohol distribution these days? Criminal organizations funded by it? At least alcohol prohibition, misguided as it was, was done in a constitutional fashion before it failed miserably and only lasted roughly a decade before being walked back.

Exactly what the substance or commodity in demand is is completely inconsequential. If people want it someone will supply it, and if criminals are doing the supplying they will do as criminals do.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 02:59:57 PM »
Legalize but fortify.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 03:18:59 PM »
Legalizing drugs is like legalizing alcohol: I think we're all living in terror of the Coors vs Budweiser campaign of drive by's, kidnapping, and bombing. But no, street gangs derive their influence from what they sell, not from the fact that they are the only way to get it.  ;/
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 03:39:10 PM »
I'm kind of glad that "bath salts" are so responsive to legislation that they change their recipe to remain legal.

Drugs like these might be the cure to the Great War on DrugsTM.  Just like a RepRap is a solution to firearms prohibition, and bitcoin is a solution to the digital currency monopoly by fiat. 

Think faster than the law.  It ain't that hard.   ;)
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

• friends
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 03:52:50 PM »
I'm kind of glad that "bath salts" are so responsive to legislation that they change their recipe to remain legal.

Drugs like these might be the cure to the Great War on DrugsTM.  Just like a RepRap is a solution to firearms prohibition, and bitcoin is a solution to the digital currency monopoly by fiat. 

Think faster than the law.  It ain't that hard.   ;)

Drugs like these might be the cure to the Great War on Drugs

it never worked before
way back before the internet they would add to an existing compound and we'd be buying lsda legally   for about a week