Author Topic: Tea Party Favorite Sharron Angle in Lead for GOP Senate Nod in Nevada  (Read 1355 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Tea Party Favorite Sharron Angle in Lead for GOP Senate Nod in Nevada

State Assemblywoman Sharron Angle, the come-from-nowhere Tea Party favorite shooting for the GOP nomination to oppose Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, has a significant lead heading into Tuesday's primary, although the number of voters still undecided has edged upwards, according to a Mason-Dixon poll conducted June 1-3 for the Las Vegas Review Journal.

Angle leads businessman and former college basketball star Danny Tarkanian 32 percent to 24 percent with onetime frontrunner, former state GOP chair Sue Lowden, at 23 percent. Three other candidates share 7 percent, 2 percent of voters prefer none of the choices and 13 percent are undecided (compared to 8 percent last week). The margin of error is 4.5 points.

Back in early April, Lowden was leading with 45 percent to Tarkanian's 27 percent, with Angle at 5 percent.

Sharron AngleMason-Dixon's Brad Coker told the Journal-Review that, given the number of undecided, he wouldn't say the race was a "done deal" for Angle.

But he said that Angle was benefiting from Lowden's own slip in the polls during a campaign marked by what many considered to be gaffes, such as her remarks on health care where she recalled in the "olden days," patients sometimes bartered for doctors' service by paying them with chickens and other goods. That became ridiculed as "chickens for check-ups."

"Can Lowden win?" Coker said. "I have my doubts. At this point my money is on Angle. But if Tark pulls a rabbit out of his hat, I won't be shocked."

In general election match-ups, Angle leads Reid 44 percent to 41 percent with 3 percent preferring someone else, 4 percent favoring none of the choices and 8 percent undecided. Tarkanian does best against Reid, leading him 46 percent to 39 percent with 2 percent preferring someone else, 3 percent liking none, and 10 percent undecided. Lowden has slipped in her standing against Reid, with the incumbent ahead 42 percent to 41 percent with 2 percent preferring someone else, six percent preferring neither and 9 percent undecided. The margin of error for the general election is 4 points.

In the race for the GOP gubernatorial nomination, former federal judge Brian Sandoval leads incumbent Gov. Jim Gibbons by 47 percent to 33 percent with 6 percent for former North Legas Vegas Mayor Mike Montandon. In the general election match-ups, Sandoval leads Rory Reid, son of Harry Reid, 51 percent to 37 percent with 10 percent undecided, while Reid leads Gibbons 44 percent to 38 percent with 11 percent undecided.

Micro Sez:

Now let's see if she's as good as they say she is.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
She has been real good for us locally, she has proposed several tax restraint bills in the state legislature.  She should be a conservative voice in Washington if elected.

In the race for the GOP gubernatorial nomination, former federal judge Brian Sandoval leads incumbent Gov. Jim Gibbons by 47

Rory Reid has been running attack ads on Brian Sandoval by way of a some group called Nevadan's to protect jobs.  He thinks that Jim Gibbons is an easier opponent to defeat. 
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
I met Sharron a month or so ago at a meet the candidates type of deal, real small town & most ( local ) people don't know the issues, are not rabid current events/political types- She was soooooo NICE!!!  I asked her about the 2A & she "has a ccw but prefers VT carry" we talked for about an hour on all kinds of things, she never seemed to get bored of talking about the kind of stuff we always talk about here- amazingly well informed. God, I hope she wins! not only the primary but Reids seat.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
well, she got the nod!  =D =D :cool: :cool:
Lets hope the rest of the country chips in, Harry Reid has close to twenty million according to TV.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MicroBalrog

• friend

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend