Author Topic: smart CA gun owners are backing Jerry Brown  (Read 1766 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
smart CA gun owners are backing Jerry Brown
« on: June 09, 2010, 02:04:32 AM »
Jerry has come out in favor of 2A incorporation, if guns are a solitary issue for ya and you're in CA then you should consider voting for a Dem this time.
Whitman's EBAY gun policy speaks volumes about how much we can trust her.
She probably doesn't even know what 2A incorporation is.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

longeyes

• friend
Re: smart CA gun owners are backing Jerry Brown
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 02:26:39 AM »
Isn't that a SCOTUS issue?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 09:45:44 AM »
Meg Whitman won the Republican nomination by a BIG margin. Given her smarmy "I support the 2nd, but..." website blurb that anyone with more than a double digit IQ can read through, I almost wonder, what would we have to lose at this point with Brown?

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 10:07:01 AM »
Always vote GOP - after all, The GovernatorTM has been 1000% behind RKBA in all ways, right?  ;/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 10:36:29 AM »
Get them on record with their opinions on CA's gun control laws.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 10:56:29 AM »
if guns are a solitary issue for ya

...then you need to realize that the Republic can be lost by blindly voting 2A, just as it can be lost by blindly voting for supposedly conservative candidates.

Adding a Dem in California... is like... being tied to a chair while sitting on the floor of a swimming pool that is half full of water, with a couple of piranhas in the deep end, and someone adds a cup of bleach to the water that is up to your nose.

He'll toe the party line for health care, illegal immigration and everything else.  You may have your guns... but they'll have "democracy" and 15 million illegal alien voters able to "legitimately" pick your pocket.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 11:21:30 AM »
Anyone who thinks The Zombie, who is captive to the public sector unions and the Marxican legislature in Sacramento, is good for my home state of California needs, well, to think about it a little more.

The reality is that none of the Republicans, even if they win, can be trusted, and not just with our gun rights.  With ANYTHING.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 12:57:30 PM »
The reality is that none of the Republicans, even if they win, can be trusted, and not just with our gun rights.  With ANYTHING.

Actually I had high hopes for Chuck Devore. Unfortunately he was smashed and even came in behind ultra-liberal "cop killer bullets" RINO Tom Campbell in almost every CA county.

I have to say I quite frankly do use a candidate's 2nd amendment opinions as my "marker". I have found over the years that those candidates that strongly believe in it also mirror my beliefs in almost every other issue, and vice-versa.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 01:50:40 PM »
The 2A is a good touchstone, true, in most cases.  I can't see any of the big deal CA candidates as particularly gun-friendly.  I do like John Eastman (AG candidate); I haven't seen how he fared.  [Update: he didn't make it]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:27:32 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 12:32:59 PM »
If--God help us--Jerry Moonbeam becomes the once and future Governor of this State I think CA gunowners can expect every conceivable "reasonable restriction" proposed and passed.  "CA-legal" will mean endangered species.  Brown is no friend to gun rights, and neither are his compadres in Sacramento.  His election will be a signal to most rational Californians that the time to vamoose has arrived.  Whitman, whatever her real beliefs are, holds out at least some hope of California not becoming a larger version of Cuba.  She's an easy choice over Brown.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 11:52:03 PM »
If--God help us--Jerry Moonbeam becomes the once and future Governor of this State I think CA gunowners can expect every conceivable "reasonable restriction" proposed and passed. 

What gives you that idea?  I can't find anything on him supporting gun control.  He field a friend of the court brief in the McDonald case supporting incorporation and ending handgun bans.  I'm also rather sure that as CA's AG he could instruct the DOJ to start adding "off-list" AR-15 lowers to the prohibited list but that seems to have stopped a couple of years back.

Considering it's California I'd say he looks OK.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 11:06:36 AM »
What gives you that idea?  I can't find anything on him supporting gun control.  He field a friend of the court brief in the McDonald case supporting incorporation and ending handgun bans.  I'm also rather sure that as CA's AG he could instruct the DOJ to start adding "off-list" AR-15 lowers to the prohibited list but that seems to have stopped a couple of years back.

Considering it's California I'd say he looks OK.

Yup, Jerry's record is supporting freedom- a brief in support of freedom @ SCOTUS  is  concrete, real support. Whitman's record is EBAY, ebay policy is worse than CA policy. the clear choice is Jerry- ... we should reward D's when they make the right choice, not reward rino's with horrible records-Whitman will be far worse then arnie when it comes to 2A rights
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 12:20:36 PM »
Nowhere did I say that Whitman, Fiorina, et al. were pro-gun.  On the contrary I said RINO fever is loose in the state and they were not to be trusted.  Only massive grass roots pressure can stop the anti-gun zealots in the CA legislature.

But to think that Jerry Brown is somehow good for guns is, frankly, nuts.  His brief argued for permitting Californians to keep handguns in their homes.  Thank you very much, Moonbeam, I'm covered there already.  California is surrounded by states that are considerably more gun owner-friendly, and J.B. has been a driving force in Democratic California politics since the Pleistocene, even before Ronstadt was in her Girl Scout outfit.  If he really wanted to come forward as a champion of the Second Amendment, my friends, believe me, he would have done so long, long, LONG before now.

As for the rest of his agenda, he is the chevalier of the public sector labor unions and the Mexicanist lobby in Sacramento, larded over with a little Zen to confound the minds of the naive.  We know what we are going to get with Jerry if he becomes Governor: a fiscal black hole.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 06:01:37 PM »
you may be 100% correct, but CA is pretty much "lost" anyhow, so having RKBA friendly gov will at least give them behind the fruit curtain a chance at survival. calguns net has a bunch of cool cases to file when we win McDonald, those of us with
out of state ccw's wil be able to visit and carry within two 1/2 years & then they will be forced into ccw for all Californians. Jerry has always been an honest lib, betterto have him there to sign stuff into law