Author Topic: Ron Paul VS lack of understanding  (Read 17144 times)

grampster

• friend
Ron Paul VS lack of understanding
« on: January 16, 2012, 11:56:41 AM »
Finally!!  Someone in the media has discovered exactly what Ron Paul is all about.  Charles Krauthammer has a column today, January 16th.  It's nice to see the intellectual elite in the media, at least one anyway, has finally stumbled onto the reality of Ron Paul.  

Me, just an unwashed hillbilly with a public school edumacation from W. Michigan has been saying the following for months if not years. Ron Paul is not a candidate, he is the voice of a movement that represents a very large segment of Americans who understand what we are as a nation and what we have to get back to in order to survive as a nation.  The Tea Party would not exist if not for Mr. Paul being a voice crying out in the wilderness all these years.

He is not perfect, nor are all of his ideas able to be implemented in some ways, but he is close in many ways.  But he gets it and he speaks it.  It's about time the smart people are starting to get it.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Ron Paul VS lack of understanding
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 12:09:16 PM »
I've been thinking more like an OT prophet damning the people into slavery for their deeds  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »
He's the guy in the crowd shouting "The Empire has no clothes."
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 01:34:30 PM »

or money to spend.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

agricola

• friend
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 05:59:24 PM »
or money to spend.

How can you have any money to spend if you have no pockets?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 07:51:05 PM »
Finally!!  Someone in the media has discovered exactly what Ron Paul is all about.  Charles Krauthammer has a column today, January 16th.  

This one?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ron-pauls-achievement/2012/01/12/gIQABS7duP_story.html
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 08:04:26 PM »
Krauthammer makes some very good points. After four more years of Obama, a Rand Paul presidential run in 2016 could be a runaway winner. If Romney or another "moderate" wins in 2012, we'll have a moderate or very left leaning dem in 2016.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 08:56:50 PM »
Krauthammer has eaten a serving of crow since New Hampshire.  Paul went from "fringe kook" to leader of a movement in what?  2 weeks!  Those not of elitist persuasions have known for some time Paul is the front man for a movement, a movement much deeper than just one man.

I cite the following as evidence of a movement.  While Nikki Haley is endorsing Mitt Romney (yawn!) in SC, Ron Paul has picked up the endorsements of a number of high level bureaucrats in the state.  Then low state senator Tom Davis, a major legislative force, endorsed Paul.  And now to break tomorrow three upstate senators will announce their endorsement of Paul.  Remember, the upstate of SC figures large in the TEA movement. 

http://www.fitsnews.com/2012/01/16/three-upstate-sc-senators-to-endorse-ron-paul/

Is Paul on a roll?  Nope, but the movement he fronts is moving along nicely.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:22:42 PM by Waitone »
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 09:21:31 PM »
After four more years of Obama, a Rand Paul presidential run in 2016 could be a runaway winner.

Two issues with that> 1- four more years of Obama  and 2- Rand doesn't have the Ron's back bone

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »
and 2- Rand doesn't have the Ron's back bone
No, but Rand is a whole lot smoother and media savy than Ron.  Evidence?  Paul is in the middle of a boomlet here in SC.  We've got talking heads actually discussing points of libertarian ideology.  The operative term is talking heads because you don't see Ron in the media.  Bad, bad media strategy to let a hostile media represent your positions.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 09:49:19 PM »
Krauthammer makes some very good points. After four more years of Obama, a Rand Paul presidential run in 2016 could be a runaway winner. If Romney or another "moderate" wins in 2012, we'll have a moderate or very left leaning dem in 2016.

If we have four years of Obama, we're more likely to see The Army of the West (Allen West, that is) battling Pablo Escobar Jr and The Not So New Black Panthers in the streets of Anywhere USA.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 10:00:09 PM »
I'm still trying to wrap my head around four more years of Obama being worse than eight years of Mitt Romney. Because your choices are:

1) Four more years of Obama
2) Eight years of Mitt Romney
3) Four years of Mitt Romney and four to eight years of a yet to be identified progressive. So potentially twelve years of crap instead of four with Obama.
4) Four more years of Obama, and then four to eight years oft the yet to be identified progressive if the country is really stupid.
5) Four more years of Obama, then the country finally draws the line and votes in a Rand Paul or equivalent.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 11:56:18 PM »
Charles Krauthammer and his pals are not even close to comprehending what Ron Paul is and why people support him.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 12:18:56 AM »
I thought his first name was Ron, not Jeremiah.

You mean like *the* Jeremiah.
"It's good, though..."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 10:24:55 AM »
I'm still trying to wrap my head around four more years of Obama being worse than eight years of Mitt Romney. Because your choices are:

1) Four more years of Obama
2) Eight years of Mitt Romney
3) Four years of Mitt Romney and four to eight years of a yet to be identified progressive. So potentially twelve years of crap instead of four with Obama.
4) Four more years of Obama, and then four to eight years oft the yet to be identified progressive if the country is really stupid.
5) Four more years of Obama, then the country finally draws the line and votes in a Rand Paul or equivalent.

This presupposes political business as usual.  Forgive me if I find that incredibly implausible.  A second Obama term will play out a scenario no living American has seen.  
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• friend
Re: Re: Re: Ron Paul VS lack of understanding
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 10:25:20 AM »
You mean like *the* Jeremiah.

Jeremiah as in Jeremiad, forth-telling, and such.  Won't be long before Ron's God ges to smiting us for our wicked ways.

Regards,
roo_ster
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 12:52:57 PM »
This presupposes political business as usual.  Forgive me if I find that incredibly implausible.  A second Obama term will play out a scenario no living American has seen.  

What specific things will happen?

Gun bans? Economic collapse? Riots in the streets? A rise in the crime rate?

Be specific, please.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 04:35:58 PM »
Jeremiah as in Jeremiad, forth-telling, and such.  Won't be long before Ron's God ges to smiting us for our wicked ways.

Regards,
roo_ster

Jeremiah, as in Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah of the priests in Anathoth, the guy with the unenviable task of telling the last generation in the kingdom of Judah before they all get hauled off into exile (if they're lucky) that their time was up.    Pretty grim reading, by and large.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 06:58:14 PM »
Jeremiah, as in Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah of the priests in Anathoth, the guy with the unenviable task of telling the last generation in the kingdom of Judah before they all get hauled off into exile (if they're lucky) that their time was up.    Pretty grim reading, by and large.

Pretty much like Ron Paul  =(

One last chance to turn around before going off the cliff.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »

So, you've heard of him?   ;)
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 01:03:12 PM »
What specific things will happen?

Gun bans? Economic collapse? Riots in the streets? A rise in the crime rate?

Be specific, please.

Keep going.  Nothing you haven't seen before in proto-fascist states.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.