Author Topic: Ron Paul VS lack of understanding  (Read 17143 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Re: Re: Ron Paul VS lack of understanding
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 01:37:37 PM »
So, you've heard of him? [Jeremiah]  ;)

At least RP hasn't been thrown down a well yet.  (not literally, anyway)
"It's good, though..."

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Ron Paul VS lack of understanding
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 07:27:01 PM »
Keep going.  Nothing you haven't seen before in proto-fascist states.

So you're not willing to make any predictions, staying purposefully vague so you cannot be proven wrong?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 08:38:13 PM »
I think we dealt with this once before.  :)

I'm not in the prediction business.  I can only look at the trend and extrapolate.  I don't think it's any mystery where Obama is taking America, do you, really? 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »
I think we dealt with this once before.  :)

I'm not in the prediction business.  I can only look at the trend and extrapolate.  I don't think it's any mystery where Obama is taking America, do you, really? 

Yes, and it's not towards a social collapse and people fighting in the streets.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 10:42:02 PM »
While the tea party, congressional election rebuff to Obama and the growing support for RP is encouraging.

I'm not sure the American folks have gotten their democracy good and hard enough yet to actually change the status quo.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 12:43:05 AM »

And you know this.....how?   
I am not worried about people fighting in the streets.  But Obama's economic policies are failures.  We are 15.2  TRILLION dollars in debt and it is now as big as our gross domestic product.
This is NOT sustainable and we will soon be unable to service our debt.  We can't "grow ourselves out of the debt" because we're stuck in one of the slowest "recoveries" in this country's history.
We are certainly headed for an economic collapse if nothing else.  I think many people may have a hard time distinguishing a "social" collapse from an economic one, actually if it comes to that, no one is going to give a d@mn.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 01:00:13 AM »
We can't "grow ourselves out of the debt" because we're stuck in one of the slowest "recoveries" in this country's history.

Recovery is speeding up. And I suspect will continue to, unless Europe falls over.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 01:02:08 AM »
Recovery is speeding up. And I suspect will continue to, unless Europe falls over.

No one in the economics field is expecting it to speed up enough to help.   
Europe falling over is a real possibility but I don't think we need to see it happen for TSTHTF.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 07:58:41 AM »
And you know this.....how?   
I am not worried about people fighting in the streets.  But Obama's economic policies are failures.  We are 15.2  TRILLION dollars in debt and it is now as big as our gross domestic product.
This is NOT sustainable and we will soon be unable to service our debt.  We can't "grow ourselves out of the debt" because we're stuck in one of the slowest "recoveries" in this country's history.
We are certainly headed for an economic collapse if nothing else.  I think many people may have a hard time distinguishing a "social" collapse from an economic one, actually if it comes to that, no one is going to give a d@mn.

At this point, option most likely to happen is hyperinflation.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 10:54:53 AM »
At this point, option most likely to happen is hyperinflation.

+10000000000000000

brimic

• friends
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 11:18:49 AM »

It will go that way once the currency collapses.
Plus Obama and his minions never miss an opportunity to push more class/race envy and devisiveness.
All its going to take for everything to go downhill really fast will be an incident where someone stands up to a criminal flash mob with firepower.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2012, 11:32:31 AM »
So, by what date do you predict hyperinflation? How do you define hyperinflation?

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2012, 11:40:40 AM »
So, by what date do you predict hyperinflation? How do you define hyperinflation?

Google Weimar Republic.  They had hyperinflation.  When?  Why do you insist we have a crystal ball?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2012, 12:07:16 PM »
Google Weimar Republic.  They had hyperinflation.  When?  Why do you insist we have a crystal ball?

You are suggesting an outlandish claim: that Barack OBama will lead to the downfall of the Republic within 4 years.

Because of the nature of such claims, I want to know if you genuinely believe what you say.

The simple way to check if a person believes his own claim is to ask him to make specific, falsifiable predictions, so that, within 4 years, you can see for yourself whether your prediction came true.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2012, 12:27:18 PM »

+10000000000000000

10000000000000000 doesn't go as far as it used to.
"It's good, though..."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2012, 12:55:49 PM »
You are suggesting an outlandish claim: that Barack OBama will lead to the downfall of the Republic within 4 years.

You are correct about that.
Obama is not the problem, but a symptom of a much bigger underlying problem.
If our country's economic system were healthy we'd be able to weather out 8 years of Obama.
Lets just say that our monetary system has full blown AIDS and Obama is pneumonia.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2012, 02:35:04 PM »

+$10000000000000000

Trying to buy a double cheesburger?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2012, 02:38:29 PM »

Because of the nature of such claims, I want to know if you genuinely believe what you say.

The simple way to check if a person believes his own claim is to ask him to make specific, falsifiable predictions, so that, within 4 years, you can see for yourself whether your prediction came true.
I was pointing out where you could learn what hyperinflation is through example.  Why do you (apparantly) think Obama is such a good influence on the economy?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2012, 02:57:08 PM »
I was pointing out where you could learn what hyperinflation is through example.  Why do you (apparantly) think Obama is such a good influence on the economy?

The fact that I said America's economy is growing at an accelerating rate does not mean I credit Obama for this.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2012, 03:04:19 PM »
The fact that I said America's economy is growing at an accelerating rate does not mean I credit Obama for this.

Accelerating is a VERY liberal use of the definition the word. Yes, a man in a walker is accelerating as he moves from 1.3 kph to 1.8 kph... but I don't generally call that "accelerating".
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2012, 03:12:18 PM »
Accelerating is a VERY liberal use of the definition the word. Yes, a man in a walker is accelerating as he moves from 1.3 kph to 1.8 kph... but I don't generally call that "accelerating".

3% growth in Q4, outpacing Q3 growth of 2%. And we're probably going to see better at Q1 this year.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »
3% growth in Q4, outpacing Q3 growth of 2%. And we're probably going to see better at Q1 this year.

You are aware (probably not but I'm ever the optimist) that most economists believe a 5-6% growth rate is necessary before we will recover from the recession we're in? 

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2012, 03:18:59 PM »

I'll wait for the final analysis, at which point they will downgrade that to 2 (as they downgraded all the other initial projections.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »

Well, you're right, we have a choice: either collapse/social anarchy or the trains running on time and blissful serfs. 

If massively adding debt, stifling the economy, and playing fast and loose with the Constitution isn't pushing America to the brink I don't know what would be.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »
I'll wait for the final analysis, at which point they will downgrade that to 2 (as they downgraded all the other initial projections.)

2.8%. Not 2.