Author Topic: Ron Paul VS lack of understanding  (Read 17144 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Ron Paul VS lack of understanding
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2012, 11:59:04 AM »
2.8%. Not 2.

And what a wonderful 2.8% it is:

Oops, wrong dependent variable!
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2012, 12:09:25 PM »
You are correct about that.
Obama is not the problem, but a symptom of a much bigger underlying problem.
If our country's economic system were healthy we'd be able to weather out 8 years of Obama.
Lets just say that our monetary system has full blown AIDS and Obama is pneumonia.

Exactly. Obama's bad but let's not scapegoat him and cheer victory or we will be left with the same fundamental problems. He's just the scab over the pustule. There is a lot of squeezing to do.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
2.8%. Not 2.

It's reported as 2.8% using the assumption that inflation is .4% in the United States.

That's ZERO POINT FOUR percent. Do you believe the United States is not experiencing inflation right now?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2012, 12:38:57 PM »
It's reported as 2.8% using the assumption that inflation is .4% in the United States.

That's ZERO POINT FOUR percent. Do you believe the United States is not experiencing inflation right now?

Well, if we exclude energy, food, and other items that people absolutely must buy to function in our society, and double down on subsidized goods like solar panels made from hemp and the hides of venture capitalists, I am sure it is somewhere down near 0.4%.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2012, 02:28:48 PM »

So now that we're getting official data that don't confirm your prediction, you're going to claim they're faked? Touche.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2012, 02:32:18 PM »
So now that we're getting official data that don't confirm your prediction, you're going to claim they're faked? Touche.

Faked is different from wrong. I stand by my position that it will be downgraded.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2012, 02:36:46 PM »

Nearly every GDP estimate the last few years has been downgraded after the fact.  It is pretty easy to see what is going on: not fakery, but pro-growth bias in the assumptions and estimates, followed by the cold shower of real data.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2012, 02:40:19 PM »
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 02:43:21 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2012, 02:44:07 PM »
Nearly every GDP estimate the last few years has been downgraded after the fact.  It is pretty easy to see what is going on: not fakery, but pro-growth bias in the assumptions and estimates, followed by the cold shower of real data.

This is the final data, not the preliminary. It had not been downgraded to 2% as makattak predicted.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2012, 02:48:41 PM »
This is the final data, not the preliminary. It had not been downgraded to 2% as makattak predicted.

If he is correct that they use the reformulated (in the 80's & 90's) inflation numbers and not the actual inflation rate as formulated in the pre '82 formulation, then there probably was no real growth.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2012, 02:56:47 PM »

On what basis are you claiming this is the "final data"?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2012, 03:10:56 PM »
On what basis are you claiming this is the "final data"?

It's published in February. Usually preliminary Q4 data appears in late December/early January and final evaluations hit the newspapers in early February.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2012, 03:19:38 PM »
It's published in February. Usually preliminary Q4 data appears in late December/early January and final evaluations hit the newspapers in early February.

http://www.etoro.com/blog/forex-news/usd-us-and-canada-forex-news/22122011/u-s-q3-gdp-revised-down/

"Final" =/= one month after the quarter is over...

Here's the January announcement of 4th that includes the revision dates:

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdpnewsrelease.htm

Next release -- February 29, 2012, at 8:30 A.M. EST for:
                Gross Domestic Product:  Fourth Quarter and Annual 2011 (Second Estimate)

Release dates in 2012

Gross Domestic Product

11: IV and 2011 annual        2012: I         2012: II          2012: III

Advance...               January 27             April 27        July 27           October 26
Second....               February 29            May 31          August 29         November 29
Third.....               March 29               June 28         September 27      December 20

Corporate Profits

Preliminary...            ...                    May 31         August 29         November 29
Revised.......            March 29               June 28        September 27      December 20 Search
  Advanced | FAQ | A-Z Index
Ralph Stewart (News Media)
(202) 606-2649
Jeannine Aversa (News Media)
(202) 606-2649
Download the Acrobat Reader.

Last Modified: Friday, January 27, 2012
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:24:56 PM by makattak »

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2012, 05:53:40 PM »
Submitted for your perusal from The Twilight Zone:

http://www.shadowstats.com/
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.