Author Topic: Things Trump could say to spice up the SOTU address.  (Read 6083 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Things Trump could say to spice up the SOTU address.
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2018, 07:58:40 PM »
Twitchy wins on Pelosi's sour face. "Who dropped a house on your sister?"  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2018, 08:29:30 PM »
CBS News poll showing 75% viewer approval rating for SOTU. Let that sink in a sec... CBS. That CBS. National network CBS. Kinda hard to digest that they would even print a result so in Trump's favor, much less in a reasonably objective way. I'm genuinely shocked.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/viewers-approve-of-trumps-first-state-of-the-union-address-cbs-news-poll/

Brad

They explain the result by claiming that only Republicans watch SOTU addresses by Republican presidents.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2018, 09:45:42 AM »
They explain the result by claiming that only Republicans watch SOTU addresses by Republican presidents.
I haven't watched on by any President in many years.  I think I watched maybe one of W. Bush's speeches.  I do find Trump easier to listen to.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2018, 09:55:15 AM »
 I think the last SOTU address I watched in its entirety was Bush's 2002 address because it was 4 months after the September 11 attacks.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2018, 10:39:40 AM »
Wow, even HuffPo polls are getting smacked. Hard.

77% favorable rating for SOTU on one of their own polls. I would have figured HuffPo readers to come down pretty solidly on the other side of the line, or at least somewhere more centric.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/26620/lol-huffpost-attempts-rig-poll-against-trump-amanda-prestigiacomo?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2018, 10:51:20 AM »
Apparently a CBS poll found nearly 50% of Democrats liked the speech.

You think that's making the Democratic leadership sit up and take notice?

I think if they're smart they will, but they've proved to be anything but.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2018, 11:08:39 AM »
but they've proved to be anything but.

Certainly with 50% of democrats thinking that $1000 is more than "crumbs", I'm going with  "anything but".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2018, 11:43:41 AM »

Obviously, that's due to "experimental error" and they should adjust the results accordingly.

>:D
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2018, 12:31:42 PM »
Apparently a CBS poll found nearly 50% of Democrats liked the speech.

You think that's making the Democratic leadership sit up and take notice?

I think if they're smart they will, but they've proved to be anything but.

I think that at this point they are fully in tunnel vision mode, panicky, committed to unseating Trump, via whatever means. No time for polls or public opinion.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2018, 12:45:46 PM »
The obvious solution is to go harder to the left.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2018, 09:39:11 PM »
I think that at this point they are fully in tunnel vision mode, panicky, committed to unseating Trump, via whatever means. No time for polls or public opinion.

Since at least the 2016 campaign, possibly since the installation of Obama, we have a hostage situation. The Democrats that know better and that I might vote for cannot sound reasonable, govern, or agree with a republican. So much vile rhetoric has passed that to have any platform predicated on adult behavior will be taken as dining with the enemy. Any move and the far left will drop the grenade. So, keep on getting more radical. Ten months to elections. We run on what besides reeeeeeeeeee?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2018, 06:49:25 AM »
"Democrats were widely criticized by Republicans for their behavior during the address, with some refusing to stand for even non-partisan applause lines -- such as applauding guests or hailing low black unemployment."

Of course the Dems don't want to applaud low African-American unemployment. It would tend to cut into their voting base AND their screeching points if Republicans are seen to be making things better in the A-A community.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2018, 09:56:33 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife