Author Topic: Stuxnet  (Read 1443 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Stuxnet
« on: November 26, 2013, 08:51:27 PM »
The real program to sabotage Iran's nuclear facilities was far more sophisticated than anyone realized.

Interesting article about the evolving world of cyber attacks and campaigns.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/11/19/stuxnets_secret_twin_iran_nukes_cyber_attack?page=full

If this should be outside of politics please move.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Stuxnet
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 10:11:53 PM »
Have to register to view the article.  =|
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:30:36 PM »
Have to register to view the article.  =|

Yep. I can't read it, 'cause I won't register. What did it say?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 12:05:41 AM »
Yep. I can't read it, 'cause I won't register. What did it say?

You just have to read really fast, before the registration thingy pops up!  [ar15]
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 04:40:12 PM »
Hmmm, that's odd I don't think I've ever registered with them...try this:

http://gizmodo.com/the-stuxnet-worm-had-an-evil-secret-twin-1468196549
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:43:42 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 07:52:56 PM »
Hmmm, that's odd I don't think I've ever registered with them...try this:

http://gizmodo.com/the-stuxnet-worm-had-an-evil-secret-twin-1468196549

That works. The first one was a direct link to the site that initially posted the article so, no joy. Gizmodo doesn't require registration.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 08:03:13 PM »
The Gizmodo link is just a summery of the original article. The FP link is a bit over my head on the techno side but was really really interesting.

Apparently I must have registered at FP at some point. The Gizmodo summery does a better job at summarizing the article than I could, yet the article was magnitudes more interesting than the summery.

Sorry for the rabbit trail!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 08:13:22 PM »
Worked fine on my tablet using Opera mini.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 09:37:56 PM »
Worked fine on my tablet using Opera mini.

Great, now I have to by a tablet and install Opera!  :P