Author Topic: Sandy Hook Final Report  (Read 5080 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: Sandy Hook Final Report
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2013, 12:23:54 AM »
The report does come out and say which weapons were used.  It details it right down to what spent casings were found where.  They found 1 10mm case near Lanza's body in the main hallway.  They found 5.56 casings throughout the school: 8 at the entrance, 16 in the lobby, 1 in the hallway, 80 in Classroom 8, and 49 in Classroom 10.

Presumably they have each of these casings tagged and stored in evidence, so it would be pretty hard to falsify the report.  Unless I misunderstand what the conspiracies purport?

Also, thank heavens for bad marksmanship.  Lanza fired 154 rounds, yet he only hit 28 people in that school.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2013, 08:24:04 AM »
Also, thank heavens for bad marksmanship.  Lanza fired 154 rounds, yet he only hit 28 people in that school.

Not poor marksmanship, unfortunately. All of the victims were shot multiple times.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2013, 09:25:23 AM »
That might explain why the AR-15 was found with the sling ripped off at one end -- possibly broken in a fit of anger.

That's what happens when you put airsoft equipement on real guns.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2013, 02:14:51 PM »
I remember watching the press conference with the M.E., in which he said that the injuries he observed were consistent with high velocity rifle rounds when asked about the weapon used.  He then talked about firearms in a way that made be conclude that he's a shooter, because of the terminology he used and the way he described things. Don't ask for details, as I don't recall.  Just left me with that impression.

As far as the time lapse goes, in my county (suburban/rural area of Central Ohio), average response time by law enforcement varies between 5-15 minutes, depending on where the incident occurred, the weather, the time of day, and a lot of luck (if a cruiser was in the area or on the other side of the county).

No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2013, 05:46:48 PM »
Judge has authorized the release of the 9-1-1 tapes.  DA is appealing the decision o the grounds that it might upset the sensibilities of the families of the victims.

WTF?  When did "sensibilities" get to control the release of public records that are no longer needed for evidence?

(And no, I am not happy with certain celebrities/their families putting a "time lock" on certain public records.  While not pleased, either, with such on personal records, I can accept the legality of doing so.)

I may live long enough to one day be able to talk about stuff I did in the USMC.  Odds are that by then I will not be able to remember what it was I did.  The .gov said it was related to national security, so they put a lid on it for a set time limit.  Seeing as how everything I did has been superceeded by digital technology I'm not sure the time lock really protects anything, but I do not wish to become a long-term resident of a federal prison.

The Sandy hook 9-1-1 tapes?  Pretty sure there is no national security involvement.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2013, 09:58:06 AM »
"Active Shooter" response protocol varies around the country and even PDs within any particular state have different ones. Prior to Columbine, the usual protocol was to arrive and set up a perimeter and wait for a tac team to arrive and make entry.  After the review of the methods used in that incident, and the resulting criticism of the LE methods used, the methods were changed.

The first response developed was to arrive on scene and once another two to three officers arrived, they would form an entry team and enter.  That became the standard policy in much of the US and was used until around 2007 to 2009 known by a bunch of different names, one being QUAD (uses a four officer response as the optimal number). Many 2013 news articles from around the country still show it's being used.

It hasn't been until recent years that some PDs have changed to a single officer response wherein the first officer on scene goes in alone.  The basic principle is that if you arrive and hear shots, you go immediately.  If I recall correctly, I started seeing that tactic starting to be taught in 2012, but maybe it was broached by some trainers in 2010 or 11. The last instructor class I took at the CT Police Academy was in 2011 and they still used the QUAD type response as the model. 

I can't say what the NPD uses as their policy, but my PD has used the "First Man Goes In" policy as the rule since early 2012.  Of course that decision is based on the information gathered from any emergency calls and the assessment of the initial officer when he arrives.  Nothing is carved in stone and there is no one-size-fits-all policy. To write a policy that attempted to do that would be foolish and it would be doomed from the moment the first word was written.