Author Topic: Oklahoma botches double execution. Crap.  (Read 7659 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Oklahoma botches double execution. Crap.
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 01:26:50 PM »
Beheading can either be quick and virtually painless or slow and agonizing.  Either way works for me.

Same for hanging.

For that matter, firing squads can be equipped with BB guns for maximum environmentally friendly reusability.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 01:38:25 PM »
Same for hanging.

For that matter, firing squads can be equipped with BB guns for maximum environmentally friendly reusability.

Recently I read about a .50cal airgun used to hunt African bufflebeast.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 02:14:55 PM »
Recently I read about a .50cal airgun used to hunt African bufflebeast.

Firing squads don't really need long range accuracy, so a smoothbore shooting half inch ball bearings should be ideal.  I bet a bearing would stay well within tolerance for hundreds of shots.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2014, 03:09:26 PM »
Now a bunch of taxpayers money is going to be spent to investigate how this happened and the other bastard gets to live at least another 14 days.  I say we start outsourcing executions to other countries that seem to be able to get it right and people don't really give a damn if the condemn suffers or not.  Hell we outsource everything else.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2014, 03:31:59 PM »
Quick effective with minimal fuss and fee?

Take all those nice fancy lethal injection tables or chairs and retrofit them with a doughnut shaped head piece and cattle gun on a swing arm. Strap convicted SOB in, swing cattle gun into position behind the head, push button and send the bolt up into the brain bucket severing the brain stem and turning everything else up there into scrambled eggs. No missing, no "oops" that prolong the death, no multiple sticks to get it right, no "we're not supplying you with those drugs anymore" or medical industry moral dilemmas, instant death about as guaranteed as you can make it, reusable, cheap, and leaves everything else intact for organ harvesting and such. Hell, if you want to do the not knowing who flipped the switch thing, it should even be easy enough to rig up a multi-button control panel with a computer randomly selecting which button is the hot button for each execution.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

griz

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 03:45:10 PM »
I had a friend who maintained that the anticipation was the "cruel" part, so we should have a hydraulic press with a cyclic time of micro seconds.  I think he was at least halfway serious about his flyswatter method.

But we aren't ever going to do that, and I think the term humane execution is an oxymoron.  To me the closest thing would be the Nitrogen, or a massive overdose of heroin or some other painkiller.  Painless, clean, no ugly convulsions.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 04:47:46 PM »
I had a friend who maintained that the anticipation was the "cruel" part...

I've wondered if that is the whole point of the "last meal" ritual.
"It's good, though..."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2014, 04:53:18 PM »
so then the 7 years from verdict to dead is cruel? we need to speed it up?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 05:58:03 PM »
I had a friend who maintained that the anticipation was the "cruel" part, so we should have a hydraulic press with a cyclic time of micro seconds.  I think he was at least halfway serious about his flyswatter method.

Simple: giant triphammer dropping a piston down a dark shaft.  Say 5' diameter to account for really heavy ones, or doubling up in cases like the original article.  Doesn't take a very thick 5' diameter slug of steel to weigh enough to guarantee a quite compact, thoroughly nonthreatening former menace to society on the first try every time.  Dark shaft reduces last-second panic, and music could be piped in to cover the sound of the approaching piston accelerating.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 06:04:03 PM »
I had a friend who maintained that the anticipation was the "cruel" part

This is the basis for why Japan does not tell their Death Row prisoners of the execution date until the morning that it happens.  They think it is cruel for a prisoner to know the date in advance and worry about it.  I read a memoir of a Death Row prisoner who was subsequently exonerated, and he said that every morning at 0700 when the guards came onto the unit, the other prisoners would try to see if the warden was with them and did the group stop at a particular cell.  If the group passed you by, you were safe for another day.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2014, 07:50:23 PM »
Copious amounts of heroin freely injected into a vein... what a comfy way to go!
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Pb

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2014, 09:12:28 AM »
This is the basis for why Japan does not tell their Death Row prisoners of the execution date until the morning that it happens.  They think it is cruel for a prisoner to know the date in advance and worry about it.  I read a memoir of a Death Row prisoner who was subsequently exonerated, and he said that every morning at 0700 when the guards came onto the unit, the other prisoners would try to see if the warden was with them and did the group stop at a particular cell.  If the group passed you by, you were safe for another day.

I have read this sort of thing actually produces extreme fear and anxiety in the prisoners... and so "not so humane"...

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2014, 09:15:31 AM »
I have read this sort of thing actually produces extreme fear and anxiety in the prisoners... and so "not so humane"...

I agree.  I wonder if this is something unique to Japanese culture.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lupinus

• friends
Re:
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2014, 10:13:10 AM »
As much as knowing the day would suck,  you'd also know it's often not set in stone and when the time isn't pushed off one more time you've had time to get whatever affairs in order. Never knowing the day and waking up every morning wondering if today's the day? And if it is then it's their final answer?  Sounds a lot scarier.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

KD5NRH

• friends
Re:
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2014, 10:28:03 AM »
As much as knowing the day would suck,  you'd also know it's often not set in stone and when the time isn't pushed off one more time you've had time to get whatever affairs in order. Never knowing the day and waking up every morning wondering if today's the day? And if it is then it's their final answer?  Sounds a lot scarier.

Sounds like life, actually.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2014, 10:48:40 AM »

Sounds like a feature, not a bug  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

JN01

• friend
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2014, 03:13:36 PM »
Poke a hole in their skulls with a scissors and suck their brains out.  It's OK to use for late term abortions, so it must be humane.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2014, 03:17:01 PM »
Poke a hole in their skulls with a scissors and suck their brains out.  It's OK to use for late term abortions, so it must be humane.

Ouch.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2014, 04:10:35 PM »

WINNER !!!!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2014, 04:11:32 PM »
If you don't care about humane punishment, just zip them up in a strong, air tight body bag and walk away.   :angel:

If you do, then nitrogen displacement of O2 is pretty quick and sure.  No needles or drugs in involved.  They will have to use FDA certified Nitrogen NF gas though.  =D  Someone also mentioned using Nitrous to make them silly then just turning the nitrous up to the point of displacing the O2.  Lots of gas alternatives.  A liquid nitrogen tank would probably work best instead of cylinders.  I best most supplies wouldn't put their logo on the tank though.

I actually like the overdose of drug/painkillers idea also, but gases are generally cheaper and likely easier.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2014, 04:21:47 PM »
For the record:

Evil person dead =/= "botched execution".
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2014, 06:19:27 PM »
http://www.newson6.com/story/25405844/oklahoma-death-row-inmate-tasered-had-self-inflicted-wounds-day-of-execution#.U2LEc-HCiUw.facebook

This report is saying the scumbag bastard was being difficult at best all day leading up to his demise.  Time to grab the other bastard up and do him in now.  Want to prevent the *expletive deleted*ck *expletive deleted*ck games, run a central line and it should be real quick and painless.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lupinus

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Oklahoma botches double execution. Crap.
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2014, 06:57:37 PM »
do you by chance have a newsletter?

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2014, 01:10:01 PM »
This report is saying the scumbag bastard was being difficult at best all day leading up to his demise.  Time to grab the other bastard up and do him in now.  Want to prevent the *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* games, run a central line and it should be real quick and painless.

I'm reminded of dealing with fire ant mounds; use a 12ga to open a straight hole into the mound, then pour in the chemicals.  I think the same could work to gain direct cardiac access for execution.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2014, 08:21:49 AM »
Only the government could mess up something humans have been doing very successfully since the dawn of humanity.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.