Author Topic: Never let a crisis go to waste...  (Read 2272 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Never let a crisis go to waste...
« on: July 03, 2014, 12:30:12 AM »
Even if you have to create the crisis yourself.

Oklahoma Congressman Barred from entry at Ft. Sill.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/381773/hhs-bars-congressman-seeing-immigrant-children-joel-gehrke#!

Let's spread "it" around some. What's a few contagious diseases among the little people?
http://www.10news.com/news/questions-swirl-as-more-immigrants-hospitalized

A little civil disobedience is good for the soul.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/07/02/mayor-pro-tem-immigration-protests-likely-every-time-buses-head-for-murrieta/

I'm starting to think this illegal immigration mess has the potential to turn into a tipping point.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Never let a crisis go to waste...
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 12:39:06 AM »
A few days ago I sent on-line messages to both my senators and my representative, requesting that they NOT pursue "immigration reform" as currently being contemplated, and that they seal our borders and enact strict limitations on immigration.

My intention was to send pretty much the same letter to the White House, but it was not to be. What a coincidence -- their "Contact the President" system isn't working. Isn't that convenient?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 12:53:58 AM »
Not being caught up with the news, what is this thing about illegal immigrant children on buses?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 01:07:56 AM »
Not being caught up with the news, what is this thing about illegal immigrant children on buses?

Its a psuedo-stealth way to get future Democratic voters poor unfortunate children deep into the country where they can never be uprooted.  Oh, and a play to the heat strings of the low information populace to support a "one time amnesty".
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 10:05:15 AM »
Its a psuedo-stealth way to get future Democratic voters poor unfortunate children deep into the country where they can never be uprooted.  Oh, and a play to the heat strings of the low information populace to support a "one time amnesty".

In other words, the Border Patrol picks up the kids out in the scrub or desert, brings them to a processing center, and then ICE gives them a Greyhound ticket to Akron or Minneapolis or any of a whole bunch of non-border cities that don't want and can't afford an influx of non-English speaking welfare recipients.

How bad is it? In the past, the illegals trying to sneak into the country used to do their best to elude and evade the Border Patrol. Now? They just walk right up to them and say, "Here I am." They know they won't be sent home. The whole thing is a travesty. It's a transparent ploy by the Obama administration to destroy the social fabric of the United States (as well as to cultivate future Democratic voters).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:12:32 AM by Hawkmoon »

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 10:13:10 AM »
I haven't followed any of this either.

What is the pretext for sending illegal immigrants further into the country?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 10:14:30 AM »
I haven't followed any of this either.

What is the pretext for sending illegal immigrants further into the country?

The border towns and states have reached a saturation point.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 11:41:27 AM »
The border towns and states have reached a saturation point.

Yes.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/03/immigration-protest-murrieta-crowd-boos-feds-after-migrant-standoff/

Of course all the progressives in DC, Hollywood, etc. are calling the protest "despicable". Though I'm not seeing any of them stepping up and telling the busdrivers to drop the passengers off on their block.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 11:42:47 AM »

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 02:05:52 PM »
So was there an exodus of children that all came across at the same time? ???
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 12:18:17 AM »
So was there an exodus of children that all came across at the same time? ???

A children's crusade.

I like to think all the Mexican autodefensas are sending their kids over here, so they can really slug it out with the cartels. It feels better when I believe that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 10:16:44 AM »
They're also trying to hush up the medical workers at said "centers":

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/07/02/medical-staff-warned-keep-quiet-about-illegal-immigrants-or-face-arrest/?intcmp=trending
There's a lot of stuff that's gone on that I just don't like - but that's politics; disagreement isn't criminal.

But in this case, if the linked story has any truth to it (note that I said IF) I have to ask , , , when will the conduct of our leaders be recognized not as a political difference, but as crossing the line into treasonous conduct?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 10:24:12 AM »
A children's crusade.

I like to think all the Mexican autodefensas are sending their kids over here, so they can really slug it out with the cartels. It feels better when I believe that.

Except that most of the children aren't from Mexico, they are from central American countries south of Mexico.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
This could get interesting, probably won't but it could.
Seems the Feds don't like "the people" telling them their limits.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/07/06/SOURCE-FEDS-To-Bring-in-Riot-Squad-Against-Illegal-Immigration-Protesters

Also don't want to discount the health issues of unrestricted immigration.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-California/2014/07/06/San-Diego-Border-Patrol-Officer-Contracts-Scabies

Scabies is kind of icky but a whole bunch easier to get rid of than say drug resitant TB or swine flu.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/30/Border-Patrol-Confirms-Second-Illegal-Immigrant-Child-with-Swine-Flu
http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/illegals-bringing-drug-resistant-tb-to-u-s/
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 11:27:47 PM »
Actually, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Ask yourself how in heavens name could tens of thousands of Central American and Mexican children suddenly show up at our borders without it being some sort of contrived activity promulgated by the Obama Administration in order to distract from whatever else is up their sleeve.

Watch closely over the next couple weeks.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 11:38:23 PM »
Except that most of the children aren't from Mexico, they are from central American countries south of Mexico.

Hey now, I said I like to imagine that it's true. Will you just let me have my little reality, already?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 12:47:47 PM »
As for their origin further south . . . exactly how do tens of thousands of children manage to travel the length of Mexico - a country notoriously sensitive about its own border - without the connivance of the Mexican government? I mean, the shortest possible route through Mexico from Texas to Guatemala is pushing 900 miles!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 12:55:38 PM »
As for their origin further south . . . exactly how do tens of thousands of children manage to travel the length of Mexico - a country notoriously sensitive about its own border - without the connivance of the Mexican government? I mean, the shortest possible route through Mexico from Texas to Guatemala is pushing 900 miles!

Simple- Mexico is aiding them, most likely at the behest of the administration.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »

That's been bugging me too, and I'm leaning towards Makattak's explanation.

As a bonus, La Raza is telling the US how we suck and are racists, but somehow also ignoring Mexico, who could have been helping all these people as they crossed their Southern border (helping as in humanitarian aid, vs helping them get across Mexico's Northern border, so that Mexico can then also chime in about how we suck and are racists).

It continually cracks me up how the US is always the fall guy for our terrible immigration policies, when 95% of the other nations on the planet have incredibly strict immigration laws that make us look like we're an open borders country.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 01:15:22 PM »
That's been bugging me too, and I'm leaning towards Makattak's explanation.

As a bonus, La Raza is telling the US how we suck and are racists, but somehow also ignoring Mexico, who could have been helping all these people as they crossed their Southern border (helping as in humanitarian aid, vs helping them get across Mexico's Northern border, so that Mexico can then also chime in about how we suck and are racists).

It continually cracks me up how the US is always the fall guy for our terrible immigration policies, when 95% of the other nations on the planet have incredibly strict immigration laws that make us look like we're an open borders country.

We are if you are from a country to the south of us.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!