Author Topic: Screw the troops. again and again.  (Read 1718 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Screw the troops. again and again.
« on: October 15, 2014, 04:44:11 AM »
So it now seems that not only did the sorry bastard at the political *expletive deleted*it hole that is the Pentagon lie about discovery of saddam's chemical weapons and deny proper medical treatment to soldiers exposed and wounded by them they even managed to let ISIS have a pile of them.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/15/us-troops-wounded-by-decades-old-chemical-weapons-during-iraq-war-report-claims/

I'm not sure if I can express the outrage I feel over this but IMO the subhuman, political hack bastards responsible need to be tried, condemned and executed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Screw the troops. again and again.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 09:30:49 AM »
I remember seeing reports about old chemical weapons being found, but it was all on WND and such and never in major articles.  With the Bush Admin getting blasted over NOT finding chemical weapons, how or why was this not publicized all over?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 10:00:39 AM »
I remember seeing reports about old chemical weapons being found, but it was all on WND and such and never in major articles.  With the Bush Admin getting blasted over NOT finding chemical weapons, how or why was this not publicized all over?

That's what I was thinking...
I wonder if there were some really good military OPSEC reasons for not going public with the chemical weapon findings. I wouldn't doubt W would have allowed his name to get smeared in order to protect the operations- he's a bit different than the current President.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 10:31:53 AM »
Are these the chemical weapons that we sold to Saddam back when he was our friend  ???

;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 10:51:37 AM »
Are these the chemical weapons that we sold to Saddam back when he was our friend  ???

;/

We never sold chemical weapons to Iraq. No military hardware to speak of either, just a handful of helicopters that were supposed to be for civilian use. The Europeans and Russia were the ones who actually armed Sadam.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 10:55:24 AM »

;/
The photo shows a pile of wrecked chemical reactors, so it appears they were making their own.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 11:25:46 AM »
Unfotunately it looks like the SIPRI report is no longer available, but this link contains a summary. The whole claim that the U.S. armed Saddam's Iraq has always been false.

http://www.parapundit.com/archives/001853.html

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 11:27:01 AM »
Unfotunately it looks like the SIPRI report is no longer available, but this link contains a summary. The whole claim that the U.S. armed Saddam's Iraq has always been false.

Indeed. We armed Bin Laden, not Saddam.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 11:53:38 AM »
Indeed. We armed Bin Laden, not Saddam.

Nope not him either. He was not a part of the mujahideen groups that we armed during the soviet occupation of Afghanistan. He belonged to one of the groups supported by Pakistan and Saudi Arabia instead.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 12:09:47 PM »

Even if we had, I wouldn't care.  Promoting a war between two countries that don't like us isn't what I would call bad policy.  I wonder how much Iran was supporting anti-Israeli militants when they were fighting Iraq?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 12:17:17 PM »
Nope not him either. He was not a part of the mujahideen groups that we armed during the soviet occupation of Afghanistan. He belonged to one of the groups supported by Pakistan and Saudi Arabia instead.

Meh. We gave it to one group of muj who shared it with him. If I gave the wife of a politician a giant check in the week before he votes on whether or not to award me a contract, do I get to deny wrongdoing because "I never gave him anything directly!"?

Even if we had, I wouldn't care.  Promoting a war between two countries that don't like us isn't what I would call bad policy.  I wonder how much Iran was supporting anti-Israeli militants when they were fighting Iraq?

It doesn't work out as well when you then invade one of those countries though.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 12:35:11 PM »
"There are no permanent allies, only permanent interests."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 12:37:16 PM »
Meh. We gave it to one group of muj who shared it with him. If I gave the wife of a politician a giant check in the week before he votes on whether or not to award me a contract, do I get to deny wrongdoing because "I never gave him anything directly!"?

It doesn't work out as well when you then invade one of those countries though.

BZZZZZZZZTTTTT.  wrong again.   Bin Laden refused to accept any US aid or work with any groups that got US funding.  He self-funded with his family's fortune.  And his group was very much a "lone wolf" operation to the point the Mujahadeen hated him and his non-Afghan fighters.  

Meanwhile, the NYT, who was one of the shrillest voices in the "NO WMD'S FOUND" crowd, breaks the story about US troops harmed by Saddam chemical weapon stockpile?  Did they also print an apology?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 12:54:06 PM »
BZZZZZZZZTTTTT.  wrong again.   Bin Laden refused to accept any US aid or work with any groups that got US funding.  He self-funded with his family's fortune.  And his group was very much a "lone wolf" operation to the point the Mujahadeen hated him and his non-Afghan fighters.  

Meanwhile, the NYT, who was one of the shrillest voices in the "NO WMD'S FOUND" crowd, breaks the story about US troops harmed by Saddam chemical weapon stockpile?  Did they also print an apology?

It will come right after they return Walter Duranty's Pulitzer.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton