Author Topic: Oak Ridge officers won't be charged in road-rage incident  (Read 32466 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Oak Ridge officers won't be charged in road-rage incident
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2012, 04:21:29 PM »
another who missed the vid?  the bus?
not even a good try
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2012, 04:22:52 PM »
this guy wasn't doing traffic enforcement.  undercover just had this guy volunteer to get cuffed and stuffed   they had a marked car involved just slow by about 10 seconds

The way the Oklahoma law is written he couldn't make that stop.  Cannot do any type of traffic enforcement if in an unmarked car not in uniform.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2012, 04:25:33 PM »

its not an emergency till after hes in or causes an accident?  is that your position?

Actually I think it could be fairly said that by the time Officer road rage managed to go full retard, yes it wasn't an emergency.  The rider was off the freeway and stopped before any LEO caught him.  At that point, absolutely he should have waited the 8 whole seconds for the Marked car that he was in communications with (So he knew where it was) instead of jumping out of his car to play Road Rambo. Or, if he was actually worried about the kid taking off, use that 8 sec and his sneaky ride to get far enough in front of the bike the two cops could effectively bracket it.  As it was if the kid had run his only option was to shoot him in the back.  Bad tactics all around.  which, you'll recall was Point 1 of what I said LE *expletive deleted*ed up about this situation.  That LEO screwed that traffic stop six ways to Sunday.  Yeah, the rider held the horns, but it was definitely the cop *expletive deleted*ing that goat.

• friends
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2012, 04:33:04 PM »
The way the Oklahoma law is written he couldn't make that stop.  Cannot do any type of traffic enforcement if in an unmarked car not in uniform.

i looked for and failed to find that
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2012, 04:38:10 PM »
Actually I think it could be fairly said that by the time Officer road rage managed to go full retard, yes it wasn't an emergency.  The rider was off the freeway and stopped before any LEO caught him.  At that point, absolutely he should have waited the 8 whole seconds for the Marked car that he was in communications with (So he knew where it was) instead of jumping out of his car to play Road Rambo. Or, if he was actually worried about the kid taking off, use that 8 sec and his sneaky ride to get far enough in front of the bike the two cops could effectively bracket it.  As it was if the kid had run his only option was to shoot him in the back.  Bad tactics all around.  which, you'll recall was Point 1 of what I said LE *expletive deleted*ed up about this situation.  That LEO screwed that traffic stop six ways to Sunday.  Yeah, the rider held the horns, but it was definitely the cop *expletive deleted*ing that goat.

cops are peculiar about how they stop bikes.  they very often won't use lights etc.  when i asked i was astonished to hear they don't light bikes up because so many of them just run when they do.and successfully. who'd have ever thought.

you think that cop was angry?  i never thought of you as the sheltered life sensitive type.  did he manhandle junior? toss him or bike to ground?  cuff junior? all these twisted undies over raised voice and he displayed a gun?  i know it was a scary black pistol but still.... >:D

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2012, 04:44:54 PM »
i looked for and failed to find that

http://amarillo.com/stories/040699/new_LO0722.001.shtml

"The measure requires the kind of lights that light up the night sky," Keating said. Also, the driver of an unmarked police car is required to be in uniform and the offense of impersonating an officer is upgraded from a misdemeanor to a felony.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2012, 04:48:08 PM »
you think that cop was angry?  i never thought of you as the sheltered life sensitive type.  did he manhandle junior? toss him or bike to ground?  cuff junior? all these twisted undies over raised voice and he displayed a gun?  i know it was a scary black pistol but still.... >:D

Put your daughter on a bike and let me point a pistol at her.  I'll be sure to explain that she was driving too fast.  [Yeah I know they're kinda young, but they're growing up every day]

I didn't live a sheltered life at all.  I've had guns pointed at me, that's part of why I take it so seriously.  I've also been pulled over on a bike more then once, so I'm aware that it differs from a car stop.  And yes that LEO could have been worse.  And maybe you got smacked around a bit once or twice.  And tea is expensive in Britain.  And none of that changes the fact that that officer *expletive deleted*ed up that traffic stop.  I know you'll never admit it, and I'm not quite mean enough to hope you get to learn the error of your ways with you or your family, but you're just wrong here.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »
State of Oklahoma as a law stating that if LEO are running around in unmarked cars the officers are to be in uniform or they can't make stops like this.

That is remarkably sensible.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2012, 04:58:40 PM »
i've asked others and they failed maybe you can do better?  at what point did a pistol get pointed at someone?

• friends
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2012, 05:01:01 PM »
That is remarkably sensible.

it is.  but it wouldn't have applied in this case
"unmarked police cars for routine traffic enforcement"

va used to make all sheriffs cars be painted a special color called "sheriff brown"  they changed that a few years back and i wish they hadn't

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2012, 05:02:35 PM »
it is.  but it wouldn't have applied in this case
"unmarked police cars for routine traffic enforcement"

va used to make all sheriffs cars be painted a special color called "sheriff brown"  they changed that a few years back and i wish they hadn't

In Oklahoma yes it would still apply.  That was a traffic stop and would be a no-no.  He would've had to waited for the marked car.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2012, 05:04:52 PM »
Wow. I couldn't measure that hair with a vernier micrometer.

• friends
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2012, 05:12:29 PM »
In Oklahoma yes it would still apply.  That was a traffic stop and would be a no-no.  He would've had to waited for the marked car.

i believe you are mistaken. in the case of a cop coming across something like that they act. even when as in this case off duty and plain clothes. and he had a marked car it was just slow. the ok law specifically mentions routine traffic patrol and this wasn't

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2012, 05:14:38 PM »
Passing the Bus?

Not reckless enough to justify the cop's ill executed traffic stop cut off. The cop was obviously beside himself because our traffic violator couldn't sense his "authoritah" from afar, despite lacking any form of visual identification. So when he finally caught up with the biker, he had the urge to assert his superiority by pulling a gun and acting like a nutjob. The biker then exposes the cop for the twit he is by posting the video online, and the Police retaliate by charging him with a BS 'wiretapping" charge. That's the crux of the situation. Petty as hell.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2012, 05:16:36 PM »
i believe you are mistaken. in the case of a cop coming across something like that they act. even when as in this case off duty and plain clothes. and he had a marked car it was just slow. the ok law specifically mentions routine traffic patrol and this wasn't

It states they can not instigate traffic stops.  This was a traffic stop.  Not a pursuit but a traffic stop.  A no/no under Oklahoma law.

• friends
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2012, 05:19:22 PM »
Passing the Bus?

Not reckless enough to justify the cop's ill executed traffic stop cut off. The cop was obviously beside himself because our traffic violator couldn't sense his "authoritah" from afar, despite lacking any form of visual identification. So when he finally caught up with the biker, he had the urge to assert his superiority by pulling a gun and acting like a nutjob. The biker then exposes the cop for the twit he is by posting the video online, and the Police retaliate by charging him with a BS 'wiretapping" charge. That's the crux of the situation. Petty as hell.

the cop was beside himself?!  now you i did have figured for a sheltered life...

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2012, 05:27:03 PM »
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/deliverdocument.asp?id=435836&hits=354+353+73+72+

The State of Oklahoma hereby declares and states that the increased number of persons impersonating law enforcement officers by making routine traffic stops while using unmarked cars is a threat to the public health and safety of all the citizens of the State of Oklahoma; therefore it shall be unlawful for any municipal police department to use any vehicle which is not clearly marked as a law enforcement vehicle for routine traffic enforcement except as provided in Section 12-218 of Title 47 of the Oklahoma Statutes.  In addition to Section 12-218 of Title 47 of the Oklahoma Statutes, the peace officer operating the law enforcement vehicle for routine traffic stops shall be dressed in the official uniform including shoulder patches, badge, and any other identifying insignias normally used by the employing law enforcement agency.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?citeid=82398

A. Every authorized emergency vehicle shall, in addition to any other equipment and distinctive markings required by this title, be equipped with flashing red or blue lights or a combination of flashing red and blue lights. The lights shall be visible at five hundred (500) feet in normal sunlight .

B. A law enforcement vehicle when used as an authorized emergency vehicle may but need not be equipped with alternately-flashing red or blue lights specified herein. An unmarked vehicle used as a law enforcement vehicle for routine traffic enforcement shall be equipped with the following combination of lights:

1. Three flashing red, blue, or a combination of red and blue lights emitting the flashing lights to the front of the vehicle;

2. Two flashing white lights emitting the flashing white lights to the front of the vehicle;

3. Flashing red, blue, white or any combination of red, blue or white lights placed at and emitting the flashing lights from the four corners of the vehicle so that they are visible for three hundred sixty (360) degrees; and

4. One flashing red, blue, amber, or any combination of red, blue, or amber lights emitting the flashing light to the rear of the vehicle.

C. The use of the signal equipment described herein shall impose upon drivers of other vehicles the obligation to yield right-of-way and stop for authorized emergency vehicles, as prescribed in Section 11-405 of this title.

In Oklahoma the vehicle also needs to be lit up like a Christmas tree.

So based on this, this stop wouldn't have been allowed in Oklahoma.

• friends
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2012, 05:35:35 PM »
It states they can not instigate traffic stops.  This was a traffic stop.  Not a pursuit but a traffic stop.  A no/no under Oklahoma law.
http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/enforce/aggressdrivers/aggenforce/oklahoma.html

i think they could call it a pursuit  multiple cars high speed fair amount of distance

• friends
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2012, 05:37:05 PM »
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/deliverdocument.asp?id=435836&hits=354+353+73+72+

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?citeid=82398

In Oklahoma the vehicle also needs to be lit up like a Christmas tree.

So based on this, this stop wouldn't have been allowed in Oklahoma.

from your first link
Phillips' bill passed easily in the House but ran into problems in the Senate, which amended it to lift the ban and require only that unmarked police cars have uniform lighting kits to distinguish them from other vehicles.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2012, 05:37:26 PM »
http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/enforce/aggressdrivers/aggenforce/oklahoma.html

i think they could call it a pursuit  multiple cars high speed fair amount of distance

You are sure starting to sound a lot like fistful.  Can't just admit when you are on the wrong side of a situation.  

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2012, 05:38:32 PM »
from your first link
Phillips' bill passed easily in the House but ran into problems in the Senate, which amended it to lift the ban and require only that unmarked police cars have uniform lighting kits to distinguish them from other vehicles.

What I linked last was the current statute on the books.

• friends
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »
What I linked last was the current statute on the books.

gotcha   doe the word municipal apply to state police cars?  or is that just for the town cops etc?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2012, 05:46:43 PM »
Mods, we need an ignore function. Simple machines forum 2.0 has one
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2012, 05:48:35 PM »
that function exists on my keyboard.  it requires me to not type back at that which twists my knickers

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2012, 05:53:55 PM »
gotcha   doe the word municipal apply to state police cars?  or is that just for the town cops etc?

Actually the Oklahoma Highway Patrol does not use unmarked vehicles in traffic situations.