Author Topic: Oak Ridge officers won't be charged in road-rage incident  (Read 32462 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Oak Ridge officers won't be charged in road-rage incident
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »
It's always OK for a cop to draw his pistol -- just for "presence."   And even if he hasn't identified himself, it's you're responsibility to know anyway that he's a cop and not a thug.  (the courts usually assume those two are mutually exclusive)  You can thank "tough on crime" Republicans for much of that. 
"It's good, though..."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2012, 01:22:33 PM »
The cop had his gin in his hand when he opened the door?! Really? Once again someone is watching different video than me. Junior qualified as a felony stop. And that's what he got. And would likely get his next adventure as well
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2012, 01:57:07 PM »
My mistake. He didn't have it clear of his holster, he had his hand on it pulling it out. That changes things drastically,  ;/ Now about the other things?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

• friends
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2012, 02:20:21 PM »
My mistake. He didn't have it clear of his holster, he had his hand on it pulling it out. That changes things drastically,  ;/ Now about the other things?

you don't understand felony stop  how do i need to explain it for you?  i've had it happen but i seized control back from the jbt and made them stop doing that to me.  it was pretty simple. i quit acting like our young hero on the road
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2012, 02:25:11 PM »
lets see fly down the road .  pass one marked car that is pulling out on the hero's vid as he goes by.  and in your imaginary worls when he turned his head on the ramp at 50 mph to look behind him he had no inkling that the car moving up to catch him was the police?  you're prepping for not guilty by reason of mental infirmity?  i don't think they do that in md   or va for that matter. i think their position if he was cognizant enough to pass the drivers test his balls have dropped and hes man enough to be responsible.  perhaps they need to revise that assessment in this case.  good of you to acknowledge your earlier exaggeration  its kind of like the "gun in his face " or gun aimed at him" and other "stuff makes a good sound bite but isn't credible

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2012, 02:36:30 PM »
Since when is speeding a felony? ??? <--serious question. Did it look like he even noticed the police car pull out? Sure we can see it on the head cam but that doesn't mean he saw it. Why would he think that an unmarked police car is the police? it wasn't an exaggeration. I thought he did, but on a second viewing I noticed that he didn't already have it out, was only in the process of pulling it out.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

• friends
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2012, 02:58:14 PM »
speeding is not a felony most of the time , the most i ever got for speeding was 12 months but they could give ya reckless and in some cases that might be a felony a felony stop is not restricted to felonies its a descriptive term used to describe a set of procedures for how they jack you up when they are uncertain of just how stupid you intend to be.  our hero was a "privileged class" and that might explain the sniveling. hes not used to accountability.  i suspect he also got psyched up for his adventure into martyrdom after talking with the other keyboard revolutionaries.  he certainly changed his tune in 24 hours

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2012, 03:02:54 PM »
Just to keep it interesting;  How should we know that this is a Cop?

No lights, no markings, not a Crown Vic or Charger (Most common cruisers) Doesn't seem to be running city/county different color plates, no extra antenna.

So we have a guy that the rider prolly just zoomed past, with no outward markings catch up on an off-ramp (by speeding), cut off and almost hit the bike:

And then when the rider backs up to give them more room does this:

Honestly no BS?  I ride with earphones/plugs in so whatever he's yelling I cant hear.  Assuming squidly riding on my part, this is a road rage incident.  I'd throttle the bike into him while bailing out and come up shooting.  I dare CSD to come up with a frame from that video between the looking back and seeing a road rager to his the cops hand on the bike where there's visual evidence that that man is a LEO.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2012, 03:07:04 PM »
Just watched it a couple more times to be sure, and yeah.  Right Here:

I'd put the bike in the drivers door and come out with my gun.  Nothing good happens after an angry road rager gets out of his car.  I imagine I'd be in court, but I could honestly say that looks like a road rage attack.

• friends
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2012, 03:15:33 PM »
yea you could. of course there would still be all that pesky video.  and some smartass lawyer pointing to 8 seconds later in the vid the marked car.  and makeing the point for his side that after driving like you just did passing the marked car and all you shoulda expected it to be a cop. i'd have hit the gas and been gone if i saw that car like that and didn't believe it was a cop.
you make a good point dd  about time someone did   >:D
having made that point it makes me further suspect junior knew it was a cop and is being less than totally truthful in his later whimpering. his original post that first nite made no mention of not knowing it was a cop in fact "was pretty cool just wrote me for 80"
i suspect it was only after closeting with the electronic revolutionaries that he decided to turn in his man card. poor choice you struggle to regain moral fiber when you sell it out

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2012, 03:30:03 PM »
Ha, that clip is exactly like the officer Farva scene from "Supertroopers".

It does look like a road rage incident. Or a car/bike jacking. Or an about-to-happen hate crime against bikers (some people really, really dislike two wheel enthusiasts). What business does a plainclothes officer in an unmarked car have pulling over cutting off a vehicle, jumping out, drawing a pistol and yelling "get off the motorcycle" three times before identifying himself as state police? And all for a speeding violation? 

Speeding violations and general traffic stops ought to be handled by clearly identifiable officers in properly marked cars. This was not an emergency for him to pull a stunt like that.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

• friends
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2012, 03:34:23 PM »

It does look like a road rage incident. Or a car/bike jacking. Or an about-to-happen hate crime against bikers (some people really, really dislike two wheel enthusiasts). What business does a plainclothes officer in an unmarked car have pulling over cutting off a vehicle, jumping out, drawing a pistol and yelling "get off the motorcycle" three times before identifying himself as state police? And all for a speeding violation? 

Speeding violations and general traffic stops ought to be handled by clearly identifiable officers in properly marked cars. This was not an emergency for him to pull a stunt like that.

its not an emergency till after hes in or causes an accident?  is that your position?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2012, 03:35:03 PM »
State of Oklahoma as a law stating that if LEO are running around in unmarked cars the officers are to be in uniform or they can't make stops like this.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2012, 03:36:48 PM »

Just because the car/gun guy turned out to be a cop doesn't mean it wasn't road rage  =(

Oh yeah - and eight seconds is an eternity.  Just ask any bull rider  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »
State of Oklahoma as a law stating that if LEO are running around in unmarked cars the officers are to be in uniform or they can't make stops like this.

i think its depends on whether toy define a guy running at a multiple of the limit passing buses on the wrong side while riding a wheelie as a routine stop or endangering the public

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2012, 03:41:08 PM »
i think its depends on whether toy define a guy running at a multiple of the limit passing buses on the wrong side while riding a wheelie as a routine stop or endangering the public

Nope, too many case of Jackwagons pretending to be cops.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2012, 03:45:16 PM »

Isn't attempting suicide a crime in most jurisdictions?   =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2012, 03:59:22 PM »
Just because the car/gun guy turned out to be a cop doesn't mean it wasn't road rage  =(

Oh yeah - and eight seconds is an eternity.  Just ask any bull rider  :P

In any self-defense situation, you must pause and consider "what if this is a cop who just hasn't identified himself yet?"  Take as long as you need, because you you have to identify your attacker as a non-LEO before you can defend yourself -- despite a USSC decision to the contrary.  It's a Post 9/11 Worldâ„¢ now, and all the police want to do is go home to their families at the end of their shift (screw you and your family.)

"It's good, though..."

• friends
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2012, 04:00:17 PM »
Nope, too many case of Jackwagons pretending to be cops.

really?  theres a law that says an unmarked can't pull anyone over ever? no matter what they are doing? when did that law pass?

found this
c. evade apprehension or identification of the suspect or the vehicle of the suspect; or
http://www.iafc.org/files/downloads/VEHICLE_SAFETY/STATEemergVEHcodes/Oklahoma.pdf
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:05:24 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

• friends
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2012, 04:01:42 PM »
Isn't attempting suicide a crime in most jurisdictions?   =D

not anymore  though doing it on a road where you might volunteer others to join you is and should be a bozo nono.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2012, 04:02:49 PM »
really?  theres a law that says an unmarked can't pull anyone over ever? no matter what they are doing? when did that law pass?

You missed read.  If being used for traffic enforcement, any officer in an unmarked car has to be in uniform.

• friends
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2012, 04:07:09 PM »

You missed read.  If being used for traffic enforcement, any officer in an unmarked car has to be in uniform.

this guy wasn't doing traffic enforcement.  undercover just had this guy volunteer to get cuffed and stuffed   they had a marked car involved just slow by about 10 seconds

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2012, 04:11:04 PM »

its not an emergency till after hes in or causes an accident?  is that your position?

That would be my position. Did the cop see him do all those things? Maybe he is psychic.

• friends
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2012, 04:15:46 PM »
i take it you haven't seen the vid? our hero rode a wheelie past a bus. he was in right lane bus in center   as he comes past the bus the cop was in left lane just passing the bus too.  kid really stepped in it and then made it worse later.  stupid should hurt and i bet this left a welt

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2012, 04:19:59 PM »

Let's see... he wasn't cutting off cars, swerving wildly or going against traffic in the wrong lane or seeming out of control enough so as to suggest an imminent collision or accident.. His driving (or riding) was not on the same level of recklessness as the out of uniform cop who, had it been someone like dogmush he was stopping, could have created a shooting out of a would be speeding ticket. What the cop did was out of proportion to the risk at hand.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"