Author Topic: IRS: Welfare Agency for Illegal Aliens  (Read 3109 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
IRS: Welfare Agency for Illegal Aliens
« on: September 16, 2011, 02:12:05 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/277475/irs-welfare-agency-illegal-aliens-mark-krikorian

To sum up, the illegals that use tax ID numbers and file income tax statements get more from the Additional Child Tax Credit than they pay in income tax.  IOW, the IRS writes the illegal alien a check, rather than the illegal writing the IRS a check.   :facepalm:

I am not making this up.

From the author:
Remember that when amnesty advocates tell you that one of the requirements of amnesty would be that illegal aliens would have to “pay their back taxes” — even if that were true, it might well cost U.S. taxpayers money.

From a commenter:
This is the kind of government insanity that makes blood shoot out of the eyes of reasonable people just before our heads implode.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

birdman

• friend
Re: IRS: Welfare Agency for Illegal Aliens
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 02:57:13 PM »
Don't forget other "refundable tax credits" (like EITC), not to mention they would instantly be sellable for social security, Medicare, Medicaid, and other services.  Since those are unfortunately pay as you go, they would add liabilities, while contributing less (since they haven't been here contributing the whole time). 

Also, giving illegals amnesty and a SSN is one short step from letting them vote...and due to the above economics, and what party champions those programs...guess which way they would vote?

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 03:45:47 PM »
Let's just go all the way - IRS Amnesty for Illegal Aliens and WH employees
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

birdman

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 05:12:17 PM »
Let's just go all the way - IRS Amnesty for Illegal Aliens and WH employees

Geitner will be happy....

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 09:58:31 PM »
Geitner will be happy....
That arrogant little twit.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 11:35:25 PM »
That arrogant little twit.

Am I the only fellow who wants to beat him within an inch of his life with a hardbound copy of the tax code?  Yes, I really don;t like the man.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

birdman

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 08:49:56 AM »
Am I the only fellow who wants to beat him within an inch of his life with a hardbound copy of the tax code?  Yes, I really don;t like the man.

You can lift the tax code?!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 11:43:55 AM »

Use a forklift to drop it on him  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 01:14:40 PM »
Nobody likes Geithner.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 04:28:51 PM »

Yeah, the usual hardbound copies are more than a mortal man can lift all at once.

How's about a copy written on the same paper they use for the super-compact full OT & NT pocket Bibles.  Even then, I'll want my weight lifting belt.  I figure three blows, max.

Use a forklift to drop it on him  >:D

Another viable approach.  Has the added bonus of being able to run over him "accidentally." like he "accidentally" forgot to pay his taxes.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

wacki

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 05:46:41 PM »

What does everyone have against Geithner?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 07:13:45 PM »
What does everyone have against Geithner?

He is a TAX CHEAT.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

wacki

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 12:15:16 AM »
He is a TAX CHEAT.

oh... ya.  Tons of politicians are now adays.  I think hell will freeze over before we a election cycle free of tax cheats.

As a side note... I'd love to see what % of our countries food servers pay all their taxes.  10%?

Anyway I agree it sucks our leaders think rules are for the little people, but we get who we vote for so apparently most people in this country don't care. :-(

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 02:18:28 AM »
oh... ya.  Tons of politicians are now adays.  I think hell will freeze over before we a election cycle free of tax cheats.

As a side note... I'd love to see what % of our countries food servers pay all their taxes.  10%?

Anyway I agree it sucks our leaders think rules are for the little people, but we get who we vote for so apparently most people in this country don't care. :-(

I offer that the tax code is so complex, and so full of incomprehensible deductions and conditions, that we are ALL "tax cheats", though we may do the math and file our returns to the best of our ability and understanding.  There's simply no way to do it one hundred percent right.  I also offer that people get more irritated by the hypocrisy of demagogues who work the rules to pay as little in taxes as possible - to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars(as in, most of us gross much less than what "they" manage not to pay) - then get up and tell us that the Laffer curve is bunk.  Oh, and the whole "I used Turbotax and omg it like must have done bad math lol" story he gave after people started noticing his tax situation - that kind of rubs us wrong too, in a what-kind-of-fool-do-you-take-me-for kind of way :)

I'll guess that at least three out of four sit-down meals is paid for with some sort of credit card, and the vast majority of those charges include a tip(rather than tipping in cash).  Most restaurant systems these days automatically record tips, making it pretty difficult to get out of reporting them.  Also, restaurant servers are, again, not dictating (bad) monetary policy telling us to "eat our peas".

As to "we get who we vote for", these days we get who a shrinking number of informed, responsible, net-tax-paying citizens and a growing number of shallow, rash, non-taxpayers vote for.  America will indeed get what's coming to us, but it won't be for lack of responsible people shouting "look out!".
I expect you do know this, but your wording implied otherwise so I'll just say it - nobody voted for Tim Geithner; President Obama appointed him.