Author Topic: Marching Mullets  (Read 1742 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Marching Mullets
« on: June 20, 2005, 03:38:11 PM »
I shudder at the thought of an army of these:

-----------------------------

Marching mullets
20/06/2005

Soldiers in Germany have been given the right to wear mullets after a court decided that army rules on short hair infringed on their rights.

It all started when an 18-year-old recruit was locked up and fined £100 for refusing orders to cut off his ten-inch ponytail, ananova reports.

The young man's determination gave in when he was threatened with three weeks in solitary confinement and he was dispatched to the barbers without a murmur.

But while he no longer had the hair to sport a mullet, the teenager decided to take his case to the courts to fight for the rights of other dodgy hairstyle wearers.

And it turns out that the military court in Munich was sympathetic to the soldiers' plea and ruled that making men cut their hair while letting women grow theirs was unfair.

Declaring the rule "unconstitutional" and "incomprehensible", the court gave the freedom of the mullet to all who want it.

© 1998-2005 DeHavilland Information Services plc. All rights reserved.
http://www.dehavilland.co.uk/webhost.asp?wci=default&wcp=EntertainmentStoryPage&ItemID=8790703&ServiceID=8&filterid=345221&searchid=234672&category=1
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Marching Mullets
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 03:44:14 PM »
I don't understand why women don't have to cut their hair very short, either, in any military. It would seem long hair would get in the way of gear, etc.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Marching Mullets
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 03:51:47 PM »
It would seem long hair would get in the way of gear, etc.
Germany hasn't won a war in well over a century. Started them, yes. Won them, no. I'd guess the German army probably isn't much of an army.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Antibubba

• friend
Marching Mullets
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 06:29:41 PM »
The German Mulletary?  Wink
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Marching Mullets
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 06:29:52 PM »
It would seem long hair would get in the way of gear, etc.
I've actually never understood why women aren't required to have short hair either, at least in combat support roles.

I used to keep my hair (what little there is) around an inch or so for my current job. Even that short, between headsets, helmets, and wetsuit hoods, it was a constant hair ripping free-for-all. Things got a lot more comfortable after I started buzzing, and now shaving, my noggin. Smiley
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Marching Mullets
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 09:02:34 PM »
The German Army, in mullets...

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA ...

Germany hasn't won a war in well over a century. Started them, yes. Won them, no. I'd guess the German army probably isn't much of an army.
WWI I dunno, WWII was a near thing from what I've read.  If that nut-case Hitler had kept is deal with the Soviets, his army may have kept Europe.  Never underestimate the skill and love of war of the Germanic people. Rome made that mistake...
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Marching Mullets
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 12:07:12 AM »
I think Germans have compulsory service..I'm trying to remember what I was told. You choose serve 10 months in the military or a year in a social volunteer position or something like that.

Possibly this is why they have the option of longer hair..maybe it would be different if they were in combat.

TarpleyG

• friend
Marching Mullets
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 04:39:20 AM »
Whatever happened to doing what you are told to do and not questioning it?  I am not saying that it should always be like this but when it comes to parents and the military some things just 'are'.

Greg

Art Eatman

• friend
Marching Mullets
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 05:04:23 AM »
While it's not a big problem in countries with proper sanitation facilities, there is a problem with a hair style other than the "typical GI":  Lice.

No matter how hard we tried, in my tour of occupation duty in Korea, the "crabs" were regular companions.  So, another companion was a small can of Bee brand flea powder.

There ARE reasons besides conformity to certain military styles...

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Justin

• friend
Marching Mullets
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 07:48:18 AM »
Gives a whole new meaning to the term Mullet Militia.

,\,,/
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Marching Mullets
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 03:37:13 AM »
Look out, they are attacking in monster trucks!

So, is the new Dutchie uniform going to be missing sleeves?  Maybe food stains on your uniform are allowed?

Germany will no longer be much of a threat since everyone is the army will be on House Arrest and have a food blister.  You can't invade Poland if your probation officer tells you to be home by 6 pm.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.