Author Topic: For TheConspiracists  (Read 3113 times)

Art Eatman

• friend
For TheConspiracists
« on: June 21, 2005, 09:03:46 AM »
http://gatorpress.com/badsam/

Pick a link.  Start a thread.  Cheesy

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

For TheConspiracists
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 11:12:11 AM »
Art-

Neat link - thanks!

I'll do Marilyn.

I wanna hear thoughts on the Flouride and Patton's death...amongst others...

HForrest

For TheConspiracists
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 12:20:39 PM »
As with most THR threads that deal with conspiracies, I expect to see a swarm of posters making joking references to tinfoil hats(har har har). No one will even bother to consider the idea that some conspiracy theories might actually have a point. I'm tired of people dismissing the idea of a conspiracy by posting something like "Wacko nutjob conspiracy theory, better get out the tinfoil hats, ha ha ha!". This is what happens every single freakin time someone posts a conspiracy theory.

Seriously, if you think something is BS, then post a thought-out argument WHY. Prove why it's crap, with logic and facts. I mean, "Tin Foil Hat" jokes are just so overused and are getting on my nerves. Sure, they might just be jokes but they're posted in a way to make fun of all conspiracy theories as being paranoid wacko nutjob ideas. Just be open minded and don't automatically see every point of view you're uncomfortable with because it's extreme as BS. Research the topic, look at facts, and if you come to the conclusion that the theory is made-up, well post the facts disproving it instead of making lame jokes and being close-minded.

(takes a deep breath)Pheww!

Sorry for the rant, I just don't want to see one more "let's make fun of conspiracy theories and automatically dismiss them as phoney" thread. And, that being said, I think the vast majority of conspiracy theories are complete hogwash.

Preacherman

For TheConspiracists
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 03:10:56 PM »
O violent marsupial, I'm afraid you've got things backwards.  If someone wants to present a conspiracy theory, or something similar, he/she is quite entitled to do so.  However, if they want me to take it seriously, they'd better have some hard facts - and I mean demonstrable, verifiable, irrefutable evidence - to back up their claims.  I'm not interested in innuendo, suggestion, questioning of official evidence, etc.  If they can't provide anything better than that, I'll regard their allegations with the contempt they deserve.  Only if they can base their claims on something that can be independently verified and tested, and which holds up to such verification and testing, will I give any credence to their claims.

A good example is the allegation that the Twin Towers in NYC collapsed as the result of internal explosions, demolition-style.  There is absolutely no evidence to support such claims.  All the conspiracy theorists can allege is that they "looked" as if they were being demolished;  that they find "unconvincing" the claim that the heat of the fires could have melted the structural supports;  etc.  All they can do is to sow doubts about what's been stated in public.  They can't come up with any hard facts to support their allegations.  For that reason, I dismiss their theories as irrelevant, and those who espouse them as crackpots and time-wasters.

My time is too valuable to me to waste it on nonsense.  If someone wants to allege anything, where is the evidence?  What are the facts?  No evidence?  No facts?  Get lost!
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

Paddy

For TheConspiracists
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 03:30:59 PM »
'Who is killing the worlds top microbiologists'? caught my eye.   I'm convinced there is a plot to kill off us babyboomers with a selective microbe-one that only attacks people over 65.  They haven't unleashed it yet, but will as soon as we start applying for social security and medicare.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
For TheConspiracists
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 05:01:16 PM »
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Dannyboy

• friend
For TheConspiracists
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 05:49:57 PM »
The earth is hollow?  Never heard that one before.  I did, however, hear that the Israelis had prior knowledge of 9/11 and said nothing so that they could make significant financial gains.  Apparently that came from some wacko that testified at some sort of mock impeachment trial thingy that the Dems ran this past week.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

HForrest

For TheConspiracists
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 07:32:26 PM »
I never said you should believe in something without facts. And you're correct, there's not any evidence to suggest there were internal explosives in the Twin Towers. I'm not suggesting you agree with any theories whatsoever. I'm not a conspiracy theorist myself, either.

All I'm saying is not to be so closed to ideas. If you want to debunk a conspiracy theory, do it with facts-not making fun of people.

HForrest

For TheConspiracists
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 08:18:19 PM »
Whatever.

Strings

For TheConspiracists
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 08:25:50 PM »
>If you think little green men are stealing your underwear at night and sodomizing your teddybear under orders from Karl Rove<

No... Karl was sodomizing my teddy bear on orders from little green men. SHEESH man, get it right! >Smiley

Iapetus

• friend
For TheConspiracists
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 03:19:39 AM »
I like this one:

November 2004:

Is The Earth Hollow Inside?

(snipped some stuff)

The most ancient stories of mankind can be found written on the clay tablets of Mesopotamia. Two of these, "Gilgamesh" and "The Descent of Ishtar to the Underworld", are about adventures among different kinds of creatures inside the Earth. Plato wrote of enormous subterranean tunnels both broad and narrow that made up the earth's interior.
Yes, and ancient myths and pre-scientific hypotheses are great sources of information about how the world works.  Why, only last week, I saw a herd of unicorns stampeed of the edge of the world!

Conventional science claims that the Earth is solid, having condensed from gases. Gravity pulled this mass together into a solid 8,000 mile globe. This theory ignores the role of centrifugal force - an opposing natural force that must be taken into account.
Exactly.  Everyone knows the idea that gravity is strong enough to pull things down is nonsense.  Why, if I wasn't holding onto the ground this very minute, centrifugal force would throw me right out into space!

Current mathematical models all say the Earth is at least partially hollow,
Which models would these be?

Modern science has not been able to disprove the theory of a hollow Earth. Even using seismic data and radio waves, we can only penetrate a mile or two down.
Must be bad news for all thouse seismologists who thought they were using earthquake waves to study the structure of the earth, all the way down to the core and through to the other side.

It all sounds quite crazy, doesn't it? Well, here are a couple of things to consider: Hitler's scientists believed that the Earth was hollow, and that there was an entrance to the interior planet located at the South Pole.
Ah, now those are people you don't want to argue with!  

They financed expeditions and placed a military force in Antarctica in 1938, which remained there until the end of the war. Since then, the United States has maintained a powerful military presence at the same location. The North Pole is also heavily guarded by the U.S. military. What need do we have for military units in Antarctica, unless there is something strategic located there?
Obviously not to guard resources or strategic locations, train in Arctic warfacre, or even just for reasons of national prestiege.  No - occam's razor demonstrates that the presence of an entrance to the centre of the earth is the only logical explanation.

The presence of civilized life below would explain a lot of things. ... Aliens ... It might also explain mysteries like the Bermuda Triangle, Atlantis, the ancient landing strips found in the Andes, the Northern Lights,
Wait, the Northern Lights are an unexplained mystery?

and more.
Oh, you mean like the subterranean aliens who used their secret network of tunnels to carry out the JFK assassination?

Scientifically, it is plausible and likely that the Earth is hollow, and inhabited by intelligent life. There is more evidence to support the theory than there is evidence against it.
If you say so ...rolleyes

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
For TheConspiracists
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 04:15:02 AM »
Eh.   I've never claimed to be a "conspiracist", conspiracy loonie, whatever.   But I call things as I see them.   In another thread on THR, I think I made my point that the official story regarding the ANFO bomb at OKC is BS.   Likewise, I think it's safe to say that most Americans do not believe the 'magic bullet theory' regarding the JFK assassination.

I glanced over the list of 'conspiracy theories'.  Only two rang a bell with me.  

I watched the Nick Berg video, and my first thought was the weapons carried by terrorists.  Galils and an MP5.  Uh, not the first choice of most Islamic terrorists, but ok.   Perhaps there is a logical 'reasonable' explaination, perhaps not.  I just noticed a lot of weird things in that video.

The other is the bio scientists getting whacked.   Maybe just statistics, maybe not.

http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=4599

http://www.stevequayle.com/dead_scientists/UpdatedDeadScientists.html
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Justin

• friend
For TheConspiracists
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 06:42:46 AM »
All I'm saying is not to be so closed to ideas. If you want to debunk a conspiracy theory, do it with facts-not making fun of people.
The problem with this is, though, that most conspiracy theories are so long-winded* that debunking them would take far more time than is worth exercising, and are so anathema to the basic tenets of the laws of science/economics/politics/physics/biology/etc. that debunking them practically involves massive dissertations on the basics of things like the scientific method, Newtonian physics, and pretty much any other tool used to understand the way that the world works.  Then, of course, even after being given the basic information with which to debunk a particular conspiracy it gets pointed out that things like the scientific method are in and of themselves a conspiracy and cannot be trusted!  Oooooh, spooky!

*Seriously, has anyone ever seen a conspiracy theory website that isn't the length of a novella?  I don't have all freakin' day.  Boil your conspiracy down to a couple of bullet points or sound bites so that I can easily digest them and move on.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

For TheConspiracists
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 07:05:28 AM »
The state-endorsed theory concerning the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks is a conspiracy theory. It claims that some shadowy and little-known terrorist group from somewhere planned to hijack several planes and crash them, kamakazi-style, into some buildings in the US because the group hates america's freedom. It claims that the world's only superpower was taken completely by surprise and was totally unprepaired for this attack on its military headquarters and biggest city.

Other theories that concern this event are equally plausable to me since states are historical liars.

The only explanation that is not a conspiracy theory is that several planes accidentally and coincidentally crashed into some buildings that day.

Art Eatman

• friend
For TheConspiracists
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 09:43:57 AM »
My problem with conspiracy stories is that there are just way too many of them.  Evil folks would have to do nothing with their time but sit around and dream up Bad Things to do, if all alleged conspiracies were indeed conspiracies instead of a usual mix of terminal dumbass and CYA.

That said, I have no doubt that some events have come about as the result of some sort of conspiracy.

For instance, I've never been convinced of the Warren Commision's correctness as to the assassination of JFK.  "There's gotta be more to it than that."  However, the nation survived, Time Marched On as it always does and the world continued...

A problem I have with some folks is what they call "evidence".  I know one guy who is convinced beyond any shadow of a doubt that no such thing as the Holocaust ever occurred.  His proof?  Xerox copies of articles written by people who don't believe the Holocaust ever happened.  Duh?  Problem:  Too much photographic evidence from 1945, including photos taken by GIs who were in on the liberations.  My father, for one, as for eye-witness; and Lifers with whom I served in the Army in 1954/1958.  Hard to persuade me as to some Zionist Conspiracy.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Strings

For TheConspiracists
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005, 10:54:53 AM »
Huh... my main problem with many recent conspiracy theories is that they seems to feel the need to tie EVERYTHING that has ever gone wrong (including the Fall of Man) into one lump. C'mon... get real...

Warbow

• friend
For TheConspiracists
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2005, 12:46:18 PM »
Quote from: RevDisk
Likewise, I think it's safe to say that most Americans do not believe the 'magic bullet theory' regarding the JFK assassination.
I would hope they don't, since the magic bullet theory was created by conspiracists using flawed models and diagrams of JFK and Connelly.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
For TheConspiracists
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2005, 01:27:48 PM »
Okay, here's a conspiracy for you ...

Most of these crazy conspiracy theories are actually started by the govt in order to discredit anyone who questions the official rendition of events.

Cheesy
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Strings

For TheConspiracists
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2005, 01:58:14 PM »
ok, Tallpine... yer reachin' now. The gooberment would NEVER do no such thing! They're just trying to look out for what's best fer us!

Where IS the tinfoil smiley when you need it?

grampster

• friend
For TheConspiracists
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2005, 03:46:17 PM »
Sheesh, what's wrong with you guys.  Everybody knows the earth is hollow.  I even saw a movie about it once.  ERB wrote a book about it and so did Sir ACD.  Besides, I heard about it on the internet.  Must be true.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Strings

For TheConspiracists
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2005, 07:12:39 PM »
I wouldn't say the Earth is hollow, but I'd be willing to stretch to say some skulls are. Does that count?

Waitone

• friend
For TheConspiracists
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005, 04:18:59 AM »
Question?

Could someone define the term "conspiracy"?  
Is "conspiracy" different from "Conspiracy"?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

grampster

• friend
For TheConspiracists
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 05:10:39 AM »
Conspiracy =  a bunch of ex-institutionalized felons who stole a boat and robbed and pillaged on a body of water.

conspiracy =  talking about doing the above.Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Silver Bullet

• friend
For TheConspiracists
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 09:56:39 AM »
Exactly.  Everyone knows the idea that gravity is strong enough to pull things down is nonsense.  Why, if I wasn't holding onto the ground this very minute, centrifugal force would throw me right out into space!
cheesy

They financed expeditions and placed a military force in Antarctica in 1938
We know thats ridiculous; AVP documented pretty well that they would be Alien chow if they went there.  :/

My wife thinks there is significance in the large number of sightings of The Virgin Mary these days, complete with photographs to prove it !  My observation is that cameras have been around for 150 years, but Ive only heard about photographic evidence of these sightings in the last ten years ... that is, since Photoshop was invented.  rolleyes