Author Topic: US Codex Delegation Poised to Betray the Will of the American People  (Read 1324 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
NOTE: This was posted on THR by 2nd Amendment, and closed as OT. I'm still reserving judgment on the veracity of the issue, but think it should be examined by others.

=====================
The U.S. Delegation to Codex is in the process of ceding control of the domestic vitamin and supplement market to the United Nations.

The U.S. Delegation to Codex has just issued a formal written statement to the Codex Alimentarius Commission that the United States, during the July 4-9, 2005, meeting in Rome, will support compulsory rules created by this international organization directly overruling U.S. law regarding access to vitamins.  

The U.S. law that is about to be vanquished is the Dietary Supplement, Health and Education Act of 1994.   Codex is a joint venture between the United Nation's World Health Organization and Food and Agriculture Organization. (WHO/FAO)  The World Trade Organization (WTO) has already stated that it will enforce Codex "guidelines" as the world standard for trade in dietary supplements.  This will mean that gradually, pill-by-pill, our access to the dietary supplements we depend on will disappear.

For those not familiar with the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994, it was passed because 2.5 million ordinary citizens wanted to make sure dietary supplements such as herbs, vitamins, minerals and other food-based supplements could stay on the over-the-counter market.  Movement to create this law, known as DSHEA, started when a 1992 FDA task force published a report announcing the FDA's desire to remove these products from the shelves as they represented a "disincentive for patented drug research."

Immediately following this announcement, millions of Americans learned about how famed vitamin doctor Jonathan Wright's patient-filled medical office was raided the same month by nearly two-dozen gun-toting, flak-jacketed FDA agents in the name of regulating supplements.   Battering down an unlocked office door, these agents, backed by burly sheriff's department deputies, lined up staff and patients against the wall, pulled IVs from patients' arms in the middle of treatments, confiscated patient records, and took the hard drive from the office computer, all because Dr. Jonathan Wright was using nutritional supplements to heal very sick people who could not get help from standard allopathic medical care.

As the story developed, it turned out that this Gestapo-style raid was standard operating procedure for the FDA and as the general public became aware of just how many doctors' offices, manufacturing companies, distributors and health food stores had been assaulted by similar raids, the horror of all this forged a mighty health freedom army that resulted in unanimous passage of DSHEA.

Continues at: http://www.intellectualconservative.com/article4416.html

See also: http://www.sierratimes.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard//topic.cgi?forum=14&topic=779
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Preacherman

US Codex Delegation Poised to Betray the Will of the American People
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 10:35:17 AM »
Do a Google search on "Dr Jonathan Wright", and you'll find many articles by or about him.  He's a believer in natural remedies, which is fine in itself.  However, the entire "natural health" industry is up in arms over legislative attempts to restrict the unwise, uncontrolled, and frequently dangerous use of natural remedies as an alternative or supplement to medication.  There have been a number of deaths and serious side-effects caused by such activities, and some have gone "mainstream" in the news media (e.g. the diet-pill deaths a few years ago).  Unfortunately, the legislative efforts have attracted hysterical opposition from those who are "true believers" in the "natural way".  There's probably some right on both sides, and some wrong...  as always.

To see the Codex Alimentarius Web site, click on

http://www.codexalimentarius.net/web/index_en.jsp

It's not nearly so threatening as others make out!
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

Chas

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 05:21:08 PM »
Iff'n they try and take my supplements for diabetes control...I'm gonna go ballistic!

When my normal Dr. perscribed meds stopped being effective enough to control my diabetes, I searched around and found an herb that piqued my interest. I gave it a try and sure enough it did what the medical reports said it would. I'm now taking less perscribed meds and have better control of my condition. It is my opinion that 'Western Medicine' feels threatened by homeopathic treatments. Now, don't assume I believe that all herbal treatments work, but I KNOW that one very important one does, for me that is...

Regards,
             Chas
Chuck
Ignorance is curable, stupidity is forever...

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 05:04:21 AM »
There have been a number of deaths and serious side-effects caused by such activities, and some have gone "mainstream" in the news media (e.g. the diet-pill deaths a few years ago).
SO...

In a free society one is free to be stupid and take things one shouldn't.

In a nanny state on the other hand the government protects us from ourselves because we are too stupid to do it on our own.

Don't know about y'all but I choose the free society over the nanny state.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 06:14:01 AM »
The Good Parson's admonition is worthy of consideration.  

Then I learn the chief money funders of the international codex // UN // etc. is none other than international pharmaceutical companies. . . . .strangely enough the every ones who stand to lose financially if there is effective alternative therapies in existence.

In all things government, always follow the money.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 07:00:17 PM »
Weren't these guys responsible for the big Toxic Shock Syndrome scare a few years ago?

Oh, wait-that was the US Kotex Delegation.  

Never mind.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.