Author Topic: Want to watch someone shoot themself in the head?  (Read 1343 times)

zahc

• friend
Want to watch someone shoot themself in the head?
« on: March 27, 2006, 06:59:06 AM »
http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/interrogate.asp

I was going to post this on THR, but I couldn't figure out where to put it. Somehow this guy was taken into police custody, and made it several hours in custody, and all the way into an interrogation room with a large-caliber weapon tucked in his waistband. When he was left alone for a short while he shot himself in the head.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 07:44:29 AM »
Seen it...pretty f'ed up.

Wanna see a prime example of the mess a .357 Magnum can make?  Look up R. Budd Dwyer and see THAT video.  I watched it ONCE, never again.

Greg

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 08:02:20 AM »
Morbid curiosity on a Monday?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 08:06:54 AM »
I saw Budd Bwyer shoot himself on LIVE television.

I was at college in Carlisle, Pennsylania, and we were channel surfing and hit one covering his news conference just as he was pulling the gun out of the envelope.

The big problem is that there had been a big snowstorm that day, and all of the schools around Harrisburg were off.

Channel 27, WTPA (I think), WGAL Channel 8, and Channel 21, WHP, all broke in to the kid's cartoons to carry the news conference and showed Dwyer killing himself several times.

Here's the funny thing...

I really think that Budd Dwyer was a frigging scapegoat and wasn't guilty. If you knew anything about Central Pennsylvania politics and the political parties in the area in the 1970s and 1980s, you'll understand what I mean when I say that they were giving lessons to Mayor Daley's people.

Dwyer pissed off people in the party, and this was a very convenient way to get rid of him (framing him). The "evidence" that was presented at trial was not, by any stretch of the imagination, a slam dunk, and the people who testified against Dwyer got VERY cushy deals for their testimony.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »
Not really.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 10:39:54 AM »
Do I get to choose who it is ....?   Wink
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 11:00:52 AM »
it's really difficult to find bloodshed, mayhem and such stuff on the internet?

I am not into guns because I like bloodshed,  I am into protecting my self.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."