Author Topic: I called an enviro-weenie out on his hypocrisy. So easy, and yet so gratifying!  (Read 3000 times)

Declaration Day

• friends
I was spraying the weeds in the parking lot of one of my customers. In the adjacent lot, owned by the same customer, there were local high school cheerleaders having a car wash fundraiser.

Some guy pulled up in a Honda Civic and asked if I knew who owned the lot. I told him that I knew the owner. He told me that the cheerleaders were washing chemicals down a storm drain, instead of a sanitary sewer and that it would harm wildlife. He wanted me to pass that info on to the property owner.

Then he said "I'm a big environmentalist." I was tolerant of his rant until he said that. So I said "But you drive a car." He gave me a puzzled look, so I continued with "And you live a modern lifestyle, use electricity, buy manufactured products, and throw your waste in a landfill." To which he replied "Um, well I'm talking about the water." I told him he was a hypocrite, and to leave me alone to finish my work.   =D

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 06:15:21 AM by Declaration Day »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
I was spraying the weeds in the parking lot of one of my customers. In the adjacent lot, owned by the same customer, there were local high school cheerleaders having a car wash fundraiser.

And how much did you pay your customer for that privilege?  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

And how much did you pay your customer for that privilege?  :lol:

More than the last time, when it was the Math Bowl team, trying to make money for the trip to Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Declaration Day

• friends
Oh I still got paid, but for some reason the job took twice as long this time.  :lol:

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.

Why do I suspect that there was one bunch of weeds that got about 30lbs of chemicals put on it?......   =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Was there something in this thread about an enviro-weenie or something?  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Where are the pictures  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Pedophiles.  They are high school girls.  Lusting after teens is only acceptable if you're a twilight mom obsessed over 17 year old werewolf boy (the actor was actually 17 at the time of the filiming of the first movie) or a 17 year old vampire.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Pedophiles.  They are high school girls.  Lusting after teens is only acceptable if you're a twilight mom obsessed over 17 year old werewolf boy (the actor was actually 17 at the time of the filiming of the first movie) or a 17 year old vampire.

I meant pictures of the weeds.  :angel:

What were you thinking?  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas

AFAIK, everyone in this thread lives in Nevada.  Sixteen is legal in Nevada.   :angel:  

http://www.sexlaws.org/answer_board_question-age_of_consent_in_nevada

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

red headed stranger

• friend

That's why I always stop by the ASU cheerleader carwashes.  ;) 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Sixteen is legal in Nevada.

Same in Montana.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
What about cousins? ;)

As long as they don't say baaaaaa    =D