Author Topic: What (and how) do you carry in your pockets?  (Read 4102 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: What (and how) do you carry in your pockets?
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 06:46:26 PM »
The jeans I generally wear have a pretty generous watch pocket.  My Tomcat fits in that pocket and only about half of the grip shows.  I hang my cell phone from the nearby belt loop and the Tomcat sort of blends in and I don't really have to wear my shirt out to conceal it, just bloused a bit.

If I'm wearing a sweater or a shirt untucked, I can stick my P99 inside my slacks sans holster between my hip bone and centerline.  Rides very securely.  Wallet in my LR pocket, money clip and cash in LF pocket, small Leatherman in RF pocket.

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Re: What (and how) do you carry in your pockets?
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 09:23:23 PM »
In my right front pocket I have my wallet, cell phone, keys, and knife (clipped to the edge of the pocket).

How do people do that?  I have attempted to carry various knives in that manner, but without success.  It makes the pocket useless for anything else.  When I reach into the pocket, it's hard to pull anything out, without my hand pushing the knife out with it.  Some knives scratch my hand up, just trying to get my hand in the pocket in the first place.  I don't have fat hands, nor are they especially large.  What gives?

For some years, I have carried fixed-blade knives in the same position in my front pocket, with the end of the handle sticking out.  And that works out pretty well. 

Me too, that's why I just keep the challenge coin in there.  I also put my receipts in there since I'm not always in and out of there.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."