Author Topic: Nook to Android cards  (Read 1081 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
Nook to Android cards
« on: July 14, 2013, 02:28:32 PM »
https://www.n2acards.com/

Anyone ever used these?  I bought the downloadable version (already had an appropriate card) for my wife's Nook Tablet.  She's been getting frustrated with some of the Nook's stability issues (mainly 3rd party apps) and inability to do some things.  Plus, she's been using the Kindle app on my Ipod touch more lately.  My first thought was to just get her a Kindle Fire, but she also had Nook books and magazines she wanted to keep, plus she wanted to consolidate devices.  Remembering the N2A product, I thought we'd try that first to see if we can get the best of both worlds and spend less money.

It's great.  It turns the proprietary Nook Tablet into a generic Android tablet without any permanent changes (ie rooting).  If you already have a Nook, this is well worth the cost.

Chris

drewtam

• friend
Re: Nook to Android cards
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 03:30:51 PM »
There is also a version for the Nook Color.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 07:44:54 PM »
I have a Nook Color that I never use.  This is very interesting; however, does the Android conversion still support WiFi?
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 09:11:41 PM »
Yes, the Nook Color dual boot card supports wifi. There are several versions of android available that has been built by developers to run the color.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 09:15:23 PM »
Sounds like a great way to hack a Nook/Kindle free of its 90's era AOL-style vendor entrapment.  And it's a turnkey solution available to non-techies, which is great.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 10:34:36 AM »
Very nice. If I happen upon a Nook I'll keep it in mind.  Thanks.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 10:57:13 AM »
Very nice. If I happen upon a Nook I'll keep it in mind.  Thanks.

Watch Slickdeals and the like.  Nook Tablets (including the newer HD models) have been going on deep discounts lately  There was a post on slickdeals a few months ago where some (all?) Radio Shacks were closing out the standard Tablet (non-HD) for $70 NIB.  Recently, Best Buy and B&N have been putting the HD models on sale (as low as $129 for a standard Nook HD).

Chris

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 11:03:36 AM »
Apparently all this stuff is available free if you have the technical competence to install it yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPRSFFHxM4c

I don't have a spare micro SD card lying around, or I'd give it a shot.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 11:21:31 AM »
Apparently all this stuff is available free if you have the technical competence to install it yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPRSFFHxM4c

I don't have a spare micro SD card lying around, or I'd give it a shot.

Yup.  My time is worth the $20 to buy the image and know it will work.

Chris