Author Topic: Live out your zombie-hunting dreams (nightmares?)  (Read 1065 times)

Justin

• friend
Live out your zombie-hunting dreams (nightmares?)
« on: January 09, 2006, 07:37:44 PM »
A few weeks ago, I stumbled across Urban Dead

It's a free MMOG (Massively Multiplayer Online Game) that plays right in your browser.  It's not much to look at, there really aren't any graphics to speak of, but it's a strangly engrossing little game, that can generally be played in about 15 minutes.  (I usually play after dinner.)

To start, you sign up for a free account (you don't even have to provide an email address if you don't want to), pick your character type from among several human categories, or you can choose to be a zombie.

From there, you search for weapons and items, and gain experience by doing things like killing zombies, healing other players, or, if you're a zombie, eating survivors.

If you're playing as a survivor, and get eaten by a zombie, you can (like in all the Romero movies) come back as a zombie to chase down and eat the living.  Unlike the Romero movies, though, there are some scientist players running around with the ability to return you to your human state.  (Really the only non-Romero contrivance in the game, but otherwise you'd be constantly having to re-register with new accounts.)

Anyway, since the zombie apocalypse seems to be a perennial topic around here as well as THR, I figured some of you would get a kick out of this.

Smiley
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 09:30:33 PM »
Dang!

That's like Zork with just a hint of graphics...

No thanks.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 03:43:53 AM »
If I play it, do I have to buy a bong and move into my parents' basement?
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Justin

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 06:42:35 AM »
El T, it couldn't hurt.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 06:58:23 AM »
Justin, you have no idea how much it would hurt.  I had to stay two, I repeat two nights with them over Christmas.  It was terrifying!

She goes on and on about the grandkids and he works out on his NordicTrac while watching the Weather Channel and then gives me the details about a .0005% change in his investments--aaaaahhhh!
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 08:20:32 AM »
She goes on and on about the grandkids and he works out on his NordicTrac while watching the Weather Channel and then gives me the details about a .0005% change in his investments--aaaaahhhh!
Sounds to me like you NEED the bong El T, if only to dull the pain.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 11:17:10 AM »
Sin, don't think a doc will write me a script for pain of that nature.Cheesy

Never did dope anywho.  Plenty of wine in the house, but I just snagged one of the computers and tried to keep my head down.

Strings

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 11:54:14 AM »
>Sounds to me like you NEED the bong El T, if only to dull the pain<

I don't think that kinda pain would be taken care of with something you could smoke. Sounds more like an injection would be needed...