Author Topic: Mila Kunis, Chicken Thief  (Read 3763 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Mila Kunis, Chicken Thief
« on: April 22, 2015, 02:44:18 PM »
I had no idea the Ukraine put up with the kind of frivolous lawsuits we have here.  :laugh:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/04/22/mila-kunis-being-sued-for-stealing-chicken-as-child/?intcmp=features
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Mila Kunis, Chicken Thief
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 03:05:43 PM »
Kind of waiting for the punch line.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 03:09:10 PM »
I had no idea the Ukraine put up with the kind of frivolous lawsuits we have here.  :laugh:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/04/22/mila-kunis-being-sued-for-stealing-chicken-as-child/?intcmp=features

Dunno if they do or not.  The "victim" moved to LA for her singing career and is suing in a US court.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 03:10:24 PM »
Someone should ask Mila if Jim Beam goes well with chicken.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 03:16:38 PM »
Kind of waiting for the punch line.

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?

A: To pull a scam with the ambulance chaser.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 03:35:01 PM »

Dunno if they do or not.  The "victim" moved to LA for her singing career and is suing in a US court.

Ah, well, I've heard reading comprehension is key.  =D

Guess she needs to pay for the singing lessons.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 03:42:59 PM »
Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?

A: To pull a scam with the ambulance chaser.

I took it the opposite way.  Agent put Plaintiff up to it for publicity purposes.

P =  > 0.85 :

A generous settlement is reached before it gets to Court and the Judge can punish them for a frivolous suit, Plaintiff forgives Defendant, they recall  poignant elements of their prior life in Ukraine, tears, hugs, good publicity, cue violins, exeunt stage left, leaving their respective agents to plan a duet recording session and seek gloppy songwriter to write a gloppy song about forgiveness for the past...

"You think we'll hit Platinum, Maury?"

"I dunno, Sam.  Maybe Gold, but Platinum would be great, hah?"

"Who should we get to write it?"

"Manilov, maybe, or that piano player on 'Two and a half men.'  I heard he's looking for work."

And the rest is non-history.  Hey, Show Biz, right?  Anyone remember the Fred Allen-Jack Benny pseudofeud?

Terry, Icon-o-clast, 230RN
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 04:06:03 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 03:51:30 PM »
Naturally, Karo is seeking damages to the tune of $5,000 to cover her therapy costs and compensation for the emotional trauma of losing a chicken as a young child.
Can she show receipts from the therapy she got?

Maybe Mila should just bring a bucket of KFC to the court. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 04:09:48 PM »
I took it the opposite way.  Agent put Plaintiff up to it for publicity purposes.

P =  > 0.85 :

A generous settlement is reached before it gets to Court and the Judge can punish them for a frivolous suit, Plaintiff forgives Defendant, they recall  poignant elements of their prior life in Ukraine, tears, hugs, good publicity, cue violins, exeunt stage left, leaving their respective agents to plan a duet recording session and seek gloppy songwriter to write a gloppy song about forgiveness for the past...

"You think we'll hit Platinum, Maury?"

"I dunno, Sam.  Maybe Gold, but Platinum would be great, hah?"

"Who should we get to write it?"

"Manilov, maybe, or that piano player on 'Two and a half men.'  I heard he's looking for work."

And the rest is non-history.  Hey, Show Biz, right?  Anyone remember the Fred Allen-Jack Benny pseudofeud?

Sounds fine, but you missed one small but crucial detail: the sentimental reunion takes place over Chicken Kiev.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 04:11:11 PM »
^ OK, drop it to P = > 0.83 then.

But P= 1.0 for show biz feuds making $, sincere or not.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 05:25:50 PM »

Ummm, no -- and I'm old enough to remember both of them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 05:35:37 PM »

A generous settlement is reached before it gets to Court and the Judge can punish them for a frivolous suit, ....

Explain to me what part of "Karo is seeking damages to the tune of $5,000 to cover her therapy costs and compensation for the emotional trauma of losing a chicken as a young child" would constitute a generous settlement.

:facepalm:

[popcorn]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 07:17:33 PM »
"Explain to me what part of 'Karo is seeking damages to the tune of $5,000 to cover her therapy costs and compensation for the emotional trauma of losing a chicken as a young child' would constitute a generous settlement."

Egad.   :facepalm:, indeed.

[popcorn]   :rofl:

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 07:44:53 PM »
Can a five year old (at the time of the alleged chicken theft) be considered criminally or civilly culpable of ANY crime, particularly one allegedly committed in another country, FAR outside US jurisdiction, decades ago?

Any DECENT judge would find the plaintiff and her lawyer (if she has one) guilty of misusing the court and award treble damages to the defendant - plus some hefty court costs as well.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 01:18:44 AM »
But it's not about any crime.  It's about FEELZ and how she has carried those FEELZ around for years.

Reading in context - apparently a dying art.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 06:34:40 AM »
Sounds like at asking for $5000 that is keeping it within the small claims threshold so no lawyers.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 09:47:17 AM »
Mila Kunis can steal my chicken any time she wants. ;)

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 11:27:20 PM »

So you want her to go all Lorena Bobbitt on you?  :O
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 11:29:41 PM »

I'd rather she choke mine.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 12:17:13 AM »

You do know where that thing's been, right?

stay safe.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 06:34:52 AM »
You do know where that thing's been, right?

stay safe.

I would hope he knows where his chicken has been.  Her on the other hand might want to be warned.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 10:47:09 AM »
She would likley just chop the head off which would not be an ideal outcome. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 11:12:51 AM »
I would hope he knows where his chicken has been.  Her on the other hand might want to be warned.

Yeah I would hope that's a warning to her.....
 >:D
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”