Author Topic: Challenge "Common Core", Get Arrested  (Read 7648 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Challenge "Common Core", Get Arrested
« on: September 21, 2013, 10:36:08 AM »
So watching the video, the father protesting Common Core could have done it better. Had he asked explicit and succinct questions, he could have gotten them out, sat down, and put the burden on the school panel. His rambling on didn't help him. However, watching the video, I can't figure out how he was charged with assault on a police officer. First, I don't see anything except the parent getting shoved and lightly resisting, not fighting back. Second, the off duty cop was clearly wearing a shirt that said "security", not "police". He was not a cop at that point in time, he was a private security guard, so even if there was an assault, it wasn't on a police officer.

http://michellemalkin.com/2013/09/20/parents-you-need-to-question-these-people-shock-video-of-dad-arrested-at-school-meeting-after-challenging-common-core/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Challenge "Common Core", Get Arrested
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 11:46:30 AM »
Article says the dad asked guard if he was a cop and was shown badge. It also acknowledges that they don't know how dad acted when he got outside.

We had a similar incident at back to school nite. Guy just got told to shut up or hit the road. No cops

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
Re: Challenge "Common Core", Get Arrested
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 11:59:36 AM »
did angry dad submit a question? or his questions?

1:40  1:50 in cops pulls badge on lanyard out from around neck in response to dads request.

and in baltimore sun interview dad says he didn't have a problem with the cops
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 01:13:10 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 04:14:18 PM »
and in baltimore sun interview dad says he didn't have a problem with the cops

Irrelevant to the point. The point is, (and let's say the parent is 100% at fault) that he was arrested for assault on a police officer during an altercation with a private security guard, based on the private security guard's day job. What would the charge have been if the private security guard had a day job as a dentist?

Just because a cop is "on duty" all the time doesn't mean that charges related to laws regarding police officers applies to them all the time. If I have a neighbor and we get into a physical altercation over whose dog pooped on whose lawn, if he is a police officer, he shouldn't be allowed to decide to call up some buddies and have me arrested for assault on a police officer. Even if I was 100% at fault, it would simply be "assault".

If the cop involved in this was officially on duty, he should have been in uniform, not in a "security" polo. I've been to many .gov held public meetings where they decided they wanted Federal or State LEOs there as security. They all wore they're official uniforms so you knew exactly who they were and that they were there on official business, not moonlighting as private security.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

• friends
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 07:01:07 PM »
Irrelevant to the point. The point is, (and let's say the parent is 100% at fault) that he was arrested for assault on a police officer during an altercation with a private security guard, based on the private security guard's day job. What would the charge have been if the private security guard had a day job as a dentist?

Just because a cop is "on duty" all the time doesn't mean that charges related to laws regarding police officers applies to them all the time. If I have a neighbor and we get into a physical altercation over whose dog pooped on whose lawn, if he is a police officer, he shouldn't be allowed to decide to call up some buddies and have me arrested for assault on a police officer. Even if I was 100% at fault, it would simply be "assault".

If the cop involved in this was officially on duty, he should have been in uniform, not in a "security" polo. I've been to many .gov held public meetings where they decided they wanted Federal or State LEOs there as security. They all wore they're official uniforms so you knew exactly who they were and that they were there on official business, not moonlighting as private security.

Once dad asked and the cop showed his badge dad screwed himself. Your analogy about the dog poop was a fail

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 07:18:47 PM »
Once dad asked and the cop showed his badge dad screwed himself. Your analogy about the dog poop was a fail

You're arguing letter of the law in a spirit of the law thread. Fail.

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 07:47:31 PM »
You're arguing letter of the law in a spirit of the law thread. Fail.

That's one point of view.
Another is that I argue reality over fantasy
  Bottom line was if dad had asked his question clearly and sat down waiting for an answer he mighty stood a chance.  Did he even post his question as the meeting was formatted? What made him more important than the other attendees who did submit their questions? Whose time was wasted with his tantrum. Like I said we had a guy throw one of those fits. He got told to sit down shut up or get out . He was equally coherent. Nice guy. I know him just had a bug up his butt that night.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 07:49:18 PM »
And you still completely fail. Neither the dad nor the cop have anything to do with this topic. The cop did what he was legally allowed to do. You have completely missed the point.

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 07:51:59 PM »
And you still completely fail. Neither the dad nor the cop have anything to do with this topic. The cop did what he was legally allowed to do. You have completely missed the point.
Are you amongst the anti common core crowd? Why?
Or is there some more hidden point?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 08:28:29 PM »
Common core has nothing to do with it. Nice try though.

Have any experience in the legal system? Deal with any cops? Prosecutors? Anything?

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Challenge "Common Core", Get Arrested
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 08:45:28 PM »
Common core has nothing to do with it. Nice try though.

Have any experience in the legal system? Deal with any cops? Prosecutors? Anything?

More than a lil bit.
Quite a bit more

damn phone

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 09:00:35 PM »
That's one point of view.
Another is that I argue reality over fantasy
  Bottom line was if dad had asked his question clearly and sat down waiting for an answer he mighty stood a chance. Did he even post his question as the meeting was formatted? What made him more important than the other attendees who did submit their questions? Whose time was wasted with his tantrum. Like I said we had a guy throw one of those fits. He got told to sit down shut up or get out . He was equally coherent. Nice guy. I know him just had a bug up his butt that night.

Do you know the answers to your questions?  I barely skimmed thw article, so maybe I missed it, but I don't recall the answers to questions being given in the article.  So are you impugning bad motives or do you have info the rest of us lack?  Or are you just so reflexively on the side of the cops that you can't see the possibility that Ben, or the guy in the article, might just have valid points?
Formerly sumpnz

• friends
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 09:22:48 PM »
I suspect his motives were his childrens future so better than fine with me. His tactics blow. First when he decided to interupt and then couldn't articulate a concise question.  I am not sure why his question was more important than everyone else who submitted theirs. Then when he got asked to leave he hit stupid getting loud and angry. Hit turbo stupid when after cop identified himself he continued tantrum. I.empathise it could be me i am "that parent" sometimes.
I temper my actions lest they hurt my kids.

damn phone

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 09:40:10 PM »
It seemed to me that the panel would not let him finish a statement- he was being constantly interrupted.

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Challenge "Common Core", Get Arrested
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 09:51:53 PM »
It seemed to me that the panel would not let him finish a statement- he was being constantly interrupted.

Thats ironic given the meeting format ans how dad took the floor in the first placw. Perhaps reading the charm city sun article instead of only malkins factually  slanted bit might help. But perhaps not

damn phone

• friends

brimic

• friends
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 09:35:25 AM »
He did assault the police officer. He struck the police officer's open hand with his arm.

;/

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

• friends

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 05:37:14 PM »
You're still so far off base on the thread topic that "opposite" doesn't even begin to explain just how far off you are. If you're gonna veer this far off, at least make it about Firefly, or Glocks vs 1911s or something.

• friends
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 05:41:46 PM »
You're still so far off base on the thread topic that "opposite" doesn't even begin to explain just how far off you are. If you're gonna veer this far off, at least make it about Firefly, or Glocks vs 1911s or something.

help me out   tell me what was wrong
please do better than the "He was not a cop at that point in time, he was a private security guard, so even if there was an assault, it wasn't on a police officer.
"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 05:48:24 PM »
help me out   tell me what was wrong
please do better than the "He was not a cop at that point in time, he was a private security guard, so even if there was an assault, it wasn't on a police officer.
"

If you're still stuck on a law discussion vs a philosophy discussion, then I can't help you. You'll need to argue with yourself.

• friends
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2013, 06:01:10 PM »
If you're still stuck on a law discussion vs a philosophy discussion, then I can't help you. You'll need to argue with yourself.

It's ok. I just can't discern the "philosophy" involved. Then again I tend to back stop malkin for facts rather than following her

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 04:15:24 AM »
Textures usually preceded with the virginity of hair, which implies that such natural hair that was not chemically treated or colored or straightened. However, there are some coarse textures as well that simply resembled permed or treated hair, usually of the African-American origin, and known as yaki. As there are different cultures and races, there are different lace wigs types as well that resembles the culture appropriately.
In addition to a fashion

I couldn't agree more
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:16:26 AM by adively »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Levant

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 09:54:10 PM »
This story should not be about the dad or the cop specifically.  This story is about getting arrested for speaking out against government.  It's an all too common story.

The handcuffs were out before the dad was out of the room and he had not assaulted a cop in any way.  He did know he was a cop.

This kind of intimidation prevents kall of us from speaking out for fear of being arrested.  This is why some of us keep pointing out that all of the Amendments are important, not just the Second.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

• friends
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 10:02:24 PM »
Dad wasn't looking to ask a question he wanted to rant, albeit badly. He coukd do that. Just not at the expense of the other folks who showed up and submitted their questions.

damn phone