Author Topic: Backstreet Pub in SC: CCW holders are douchebags  (Read 7274 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Backstreet Pub in SC: CCW holders are douchebags
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 09:27:17 AM »
Its a private business, he can do what he wants.

I remember some folks on here who supported a private business owner who didn't want to cater (something like that) a meal for a gay marriage.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 09:35:13 AM »
Dumbest advertising gimmick ever, in a state where a hell of a lot of people either have their CCW, are thinking about getting their CCW, or are supportive of CCW even if they don't have one. This is SC, most people are gunowners here.

Eh, if he caters to the liberal college crowd, he's probably going to get an uptick in local business. The "*expletive deleted*bag' phrase is real popular with the kids these days. They'll all think he's hip.

It would be the same if a pub in Portland or Seattle did it. They'd probably get a hip-hip-hoorah from a majority of locals, even if the rest of the people in those states boycotted the place. If nothing else, he probably knows his local audience.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 09:51:59 AM »
Eh, if he caters to the liberal college crowd, he's probably going to get an uptick in local business. The "*expletive deleted*' phrase is real popular with the kids these days. They'll all think he's hip.

It would be the same if a pub in Portland or Seattle did it. They'd probably get a hip-hip-hoorah from a majority of locals, even if the rest of the people in those states boycotted the place. If nothing else, he probably knows his local audience.

Except you are wrong, in that the colleges in SC tend not to like other areas.

My college, most students had guns in the cars, carried pocketknives, went shooting, etc. Clemson is much the same (my sister is a student there), just larger than my university was. Hell I had a prof that had a bunch of guns, mainly handguns but also an AK, and another who hailed from LA yet had a CCW permit here. We openly talked guns and shooting without any hassle. And college student organizations raffle off guns all the time around here.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 09:55:41 AM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 10:45:02 AM »
Dumbest advertising gimmick ever, in a state where a hell of a lot of people either have their CCW, are thinking about getting their CCW, or are supportive of CCW even if they don't have one. This is SC, most people are gunowners here.

even if 95% of the people think he is being unreasonable with the sign, if he can secure the business of the remaining 5% it's a win for him.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 11:23:04 AM »
The Maidenhead in Serenity had a storage locker policy that kept the firearms locked up.

And look how that worked out ....
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin