Author Topic: On useful idiots  (Read 5161 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: On useful idiots
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 09:05:10 PM »
On a world scale, a lot of them are (or were).

How many people were "disappeared" in Chile under Pinochet, or Argentina under what's-his-name? Take a look at Venezuela under Chavez, or any of a number of African countries. Sadly, human nature hasn't evolved very much in several thousand years.

What the true believers don't understand is that if there weren't a United States with a 2nd Amendment and a bunch of patriots with boom sticks, the world would be even worse than it is.

When you say the United States I hope you are referring to the Constitution, not the actual Government. The US Federal Government has been cozily in bed with every form of monster out there at one time or the other. At present it is trying very hard to become one itself as evidenced by the complete trashing of the Constitution. [barf]
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 09:59:54 PM »
On a world scale, a lot of them are (or were).

How many people were "disappeared" in Chile under Pinochet, or Argentina under what's-his-name? Take a look at Venezuela under Chavez, or any of a number of African countries. Sadly, human nature hasn't evolved very much in several thousand years.

Yes.

When you say the United States I hope you are referring to the Constitution, not the actual Government.

"The United States" refers to the nation, not to its constitution or government specifically.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 04:46:51 AM »
I'm just unable to accept that Obama and his campaign leadership and staff are ignorant of the historical significance of the imagery and slogans they continue to use.
Either they admire the previous usage or they believe the public is too stupid to understand.

This aesthethic has been used by many regimes - not all of them malevolent.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 10:41:06 AM »
This aesthethic has been used by many regimes - not all  most of them malevolent.
FIFY =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »
Here's a video on the topic of useful idiots, "Official" lies and how people are made incapable of seeing what is in front of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nML-_obI9t8
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"