Author Topic: If this is how local politics works, then I have no hope for state or national.  (Read 5157 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
  http://www.c-ville.com/dumler-faces-censure-calls-for-resignation/#.URPgxP5Z6QI

Back story:

Dumler gets charged with forceable sodomy commited on a woman that was NOT his SO at the time.
Two others come forward.
His CWP is pulled for the duration of the legal precedings.

Somehow, for some reason unbeknownest to most of the area, the felony was dropped to a misdomener, specifically so he could remain on the board of supervisors. He ended up with 60 days of jail time, which he will serve on weekends.
I'm absolutly positive that he got his CWP back.

Some highlights:
Cynthia Neff, the leader of the local Dems and the woman who paid his bail, got a DUI two days after speaking about what a stand up guy he is and paying his bail.

The judge told him that he was not to drink once he was relased on bail. Dumler went straight the bar from the courthouse.

He thinks volenteer work at SARA, the local rape crisis center, should make up for what he did.

He has not been disbarred.

So, basically if your a drunken former UVA fratboy with a propensity to rape women you can get away with all by being a democratic county supervisor in Albermarle county.

:mad:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
That's how local politics works across the nation.

Once you are in, you are in for good. Our local county council, for example, spends money like a drunken sailor, cannot account for money, their members are all the time getting in some kind of trouble (DUI's a favorite 'round here) and so on.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
That's how local politics works across the nation.

Once you are in, you are in for good. Our local county council, for example, spends money like a drunken sailor, cannot account for money, their members are all the time getting in some kind of trouble (DUI's a favorite 'round here) and so on.

Oh, come on. DUI's sure, embezzlements, why not? Generally douchbaggery, ok. I get it.

But forced sodemy? Come on, really?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Boomhauer

• friends
Oh, come on. DUI's sure, embezzlements, why not? Generally douchbaggery, ok. I get it.

But forced sodemy? Come on, really?

Depending on how good you are in, rape too. Seen it many a time. As we say down here "So long as he doesn't get caught with a dead woman or a live boy in his bedroom, nothing is going to happen"

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
Bums like this never seem to risk targeting people with a close male relative who might be inclined to do something about it.  :mad:

Or, for that matter, a close female friend with some intestinal fortitude.

(Awww, crap . . . now I'm going to have the  "Goodbye, Earl" tune in my head all afternoon.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
(Awww, crap . . . now I'm going to have the  "Goodbye, Earl" tune in my head all afternoon.)

You can substitute "Gunpowder and Lead."

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
As we say down here "So long as he doesn't get caught with a dead woman or a live boy in his bedroom, nothing is going to happen"

I thought that was Chicago's motto.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ned Hamford

• friend
Hey look, Actual Rape Culture!
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
I thought that was Chicago's motto.

So your saying he should run for president?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
http://www.scribd.com/doc/123000617/Affidavit-for-Search-Warrant-Christopher-Dumler

hes not through yet

though as a dem hes good with the party

Probably because they all like to party, apparently...

• friends
hes a hoot  uva law grad trying to claim he plead cause he couldn't afford to clear his name
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
It is a liberating feeling losing hope in the system.

Congratulations!

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Regolith

• friend
Depending on how good you are in, rape too.

Forcible sodomy IS rape.

Hey look, Actual Rape Culture!

Ayup. Funny how small things like principles, morals, ethics, and the law take a backseat to things like Party loyalty.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
Forcible sodomy IS rape.

Ayup. Funny how small things like principles, morals, ethics, and the law take a backseat to things like Party loyalty.

About a dozen more residents added their voice to the chorus calling for Dumler’s resignation, but a few spoke up supporting him, including local Democratic Party leader Cynthia Neff, who posted his bail following his arrest last November, and Scottsville resident Dolores Rogers.

“We as a nation have a long history of flawed leaders,” Rogers said, all the way back to the founding fathers. “If you want a lapdog, you need to buy one. If you’re not in Scottsville, you need not bother teling us who should represent us.”

That sounds less like party loyalty and more like a kool aid party.

• friends
you hear any good dirt send it this way. i know a guy down that way that can get word out if its verifiable

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
you hear any good dirt send it this way. i know a guy down that way that can get word out if its verifiable

I think I've only got most the basic gossip.

except, one you might not know, the "local business owner" bit on his resume? That's the new brewery in Scottsville, and he's got over 50% ownership. I, for one, shall not be buying their beer.

Boomhauer

• friends
Forcible sodomy IS rape.

Yes I know. BSL was talking about my points in comparison to this and I was pointing out that rape was also commonly covered up for local politicians.

That said, if your a politician...it isn't rape, its always "a regrettable mistake due to a few too many drinks" of course

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
Yes I know. BSL was talking about my points in comparison to this and I was pointing out that rape was also commonly covered up for local politicians.

That said, if your a politician...it isn't rape, its always "a regrettable mistake due to a few too many drinks" of course

Yeah, except I always thought "covered up" indicated it was, you know, covered up.
I was not aware it meant "get off and keep position despite the fact that everyone knows and a signifigent portion of your constituancy wants your head on a pike."

Didn't it used to be that when a politition screwed up bad enough (and PUBLICALLY enough) the party would throw them to the dogs and distance themselves from the whole mess? Or has the democratic party just reached the level (or ego) where that doesn't matter cause they got it all in the bag?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Yeah, except I always thought "covered up" indicated it was, you know, covered up.
I was not aware it meant "get off and keep position despite the fact that everyone knows and a signifigent portion of your constituancy wants your head on a pike."

Didn't it used to be that when a politition screwed up bad enough (and PUBLICALLY enough) the party would throw them to the dogs and distance themselves from the whole mess? Or has the democratic party just reached the level (or ego) where that doesn't matter cause they got it all in the bag?

Like Ted Kennedy killing a woman?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RoadKingLarry

• friends

Congratulations!

It was so long ago I really don't remember the feelings.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend

Congratulations!

Abandon ye hope, All who enter here...

(i should have just stayed away from Politics Place, like I used to... My life was so much happier back then.  :'( )

• friends

gerri studds?

Boomhauer

• friends

Very unfortunate auto accident that.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Huh, for that matter there was also JFK having sex with, forcing drugs on, and pimping out an underage intern.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.