Author Topic: we may as well invade them now.  (Read 5200 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
we may as well invade them now.
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:44:44 AM »
looks like we have decided to go to war with north korea.  the propaganda machine has been turning for the last month showing us how dictator like kim jung un is (personally i don't think he is the one wearing the pants.).  last week we were told how they now have nuke/missile capabilities.  this latest is an effort to turn our sympathies towards the nk peoples. 

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-lousy-life-north-korea-135740771.html

i give it 3-6 months.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: we may as well invade them now.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:53:46 AM »
looks like we have decided to go to war with north korea.  the propaganda machine has been turning for the last month showing us how dictator like kim jung un is (personally i don't think he is the one wearing the pants.).  last week we were told how they now have nuke/missile capabilities.  this latest is an effort to turn our sympathies towards the nk peoples. 

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-lousy-life-north-korea-135740771.html

i give it 3-6 months.

Meh.  Did they do a missle test yet? 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: we may as well invade them now.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 09:01:42 AM »
Stories about conditions in workers paradise are not new. Now most americans are more likey to read and remember sports page

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: we may as well invade them now.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 09:01:43 AM »
Double tap
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 09:36:08 AM »
Meh.  Did they do a missle test yet? 

for rabble rousing, do their actual capabilities matter?

Stories about conditions in workers paradise are not new. Now most americans are more likey to read and remember sports page

i'm just saying the msm channels seem more focused than they have been.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 10:14:51 AM »
I just can't figure out what there is to gain from starting something with N Korea. No major resources, politically and economically isolated... perhaps it is a bait to get China involved in a scuffle and somehow use that as leverage in the currency war thingy? Seems rather risky for just a mere distraction from rampant domestic and Middle Eastern unpleasantness as some people believe.

But then again... our dear leaders might be betting that any nuclear exchange will be limited to the peninsula and trading a few million Koreans, the 2nd Inf Div and a city or three, in exchange for endless attention absorbing, single topic MSM headlines just might be worth it, not to mention the unquestionable 1000% increase in borrowed money for the M-I complex that will surely follow, and landslide wartime 'emergency powers' for the Executive... and no public questioning on why we suddenly find ourselves neck deep in preemptively blowing up "nuclear seeking" Iran.

Because don't mind our ****ing things up at home and abroad so badly... LOOK! A mushroom cloud!

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 11:26:16 AM »
We just need to send NK a cartoon drawing of a boomer making SK into an island  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 12:05:11 PM »
There will only be a war with North Korea if Kim Jung Un reacts to what we do when it does his missle test. It is getting serious.  Our only interest is keeping things stable in that part of the world.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 12:08:47 PM »
We've Always Been At War With Eastaisa.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »
Yes, It's all about a domestic power grab.

That's why Japan is on Alert, and China is moving military forces around and giving stern warnings to Korea
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »
Kerry has already offered more aid to North Korea.  I say that we offer NO AID.  Zero.  Draw a line.  Step across that line and we start blowing up military installations, supporting industry and structures.  His Navy and air power will go very quickly.  Put them back into a pre-1940 age they seem to like.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 12:45:07 PM »
Pinning the blame for Nork craziness on even such nincompoops at Kerry & BHO is unjustified.  They are bringing this pot of crazy to a boil, they will be the ones to blame if we all partake.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 02:12:30 PM »
Kerry has been working with China to keep China out of any confrontation that might happen between the USA and N. Korea.  China has just announced that they support a nuclear free Korea.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 02:36:24 PM »
Pinning the blame for Nork craziness on even such nincompoops at Kerry & BHO is unjustified.  They are bringing this pot of crazy to a boil, they will be the ones to blame if we all partake.

EXCEPT that they appear (and, imho, are) weak, which encourages such craziness. Otherwise, it's nuts to think they are purposely causing this.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 06:55:13 PM »
EXCEPT that they appear (and, imho, are) weak, which encourages such craziness. Otherwise, it's nuts to think they are purposely causing this.

Fecklessness and weakness are baked into the BHO/Kerry cake.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 10:16:26 PM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 10:40:42 PM »

I met that special needs kid in 6th grade.  Believe me, he needs an ass-whooping.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 12:11:51 AM »
Kerry has been working with China to keep China out of any confrontation that might happen between the USA and N. Korea.  China has just announced that they support a nuclear free Korea.

And understandably so. A nutcase with nukes like Un is just as likely to launch against them as SK Japan or the US...plus of course a nuclear emboldened NK might drag China into an unwanted war. They aint stupid. A nuclear armed NK has no positives, only several negatives.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 07:36:19 AM »
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324240804578418800046891888.html?mod=djemBestOfTheWeb_h
Life Imitates the Movies

Kim Jong-il: "Aw, Hans Brix!" Hans Blix: "Let me look around, so I can ease the U.N.'s collective mind." Kim: "Hans, ya breakin' my barrs here, Hans, ya breakin' my barrs!" Blix: "I'm sorry, but the U.N. must be firm with you. Let me see your whole palace, or else--" Kim: "Or erse what?" Blix: "Or else we will be very, very angry with you--and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are."--from "Team America: World Police," 2004

" 'If Kim Jong Un decides to launch a missile, whether it's across the Sea of Japan or some other direction, he will be choosing willfully to ignore the entire international community,' [Secretary of State John] Kerry told reporters. 'And it will be a provocation and unwanted act that will raise people's temperatures.' ""--Associated Press, April 12, 2013
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 07:56:36 AM »
I'm still of the opinon that NK and Kim Jong Redux has been and is stilll pretty much a sock puppet for the ChiComs.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 08:26:16 AM »
I'm still of the opinon that NK and Kim Jong Redux has been and is stilll pretty much a sock puppet for the ChiComs.

ditto,  i think smart people stay out of the limelight in the more volitile situations.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 08:31:06 AM »

A poorly armed NK may be a somewhat advangetous crazy uncle to keep locked in the closet for China (can't do much at all, an annoyance factor to SK/US, etc) but a nuclear armed one, like I said, is as much of a threat to China as anyone else so it is not in their interests for NK to develop real nuclear capability.

As far as the OP's topic, I think the increased media coverage is simply due to the 24 hour hyperexcited news media's thirst for *something* to talk about it. NK's a hot topic so we'll talk about them till you are sick of hearing about it model.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2013, 08:32:41 AM »
Carpetbomb their asses- with rations and liberator pistols.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2013, 09:39:11 AM »
Why no discussion of the theory that PDRNK is making noises so that they can be offered bribes of food to stand down and stop making noises?

IIRC that was the scenario the last three times PDRNK threatened to do "something nasty".

Couldn't we divert all that corn that's currently tied up in making ethanol into turning the Norks into hyperglycemic couch cornpuffs?  I see that as a triple-win: saves the US cars from 15% ethanol, saves the starving Norks from starvation, and saves the rest of the world.  It has an extra benefit - once the Norks get used to food they will probably start demaning the Dear Reader to provide it on a regular basis and we can go all Squanto on him and say we will teach him how to grow corn but he must not threaten with his toys any more.  And back it up with tankers of Round-Up* if he forgets himself.

stay safe.

* Only because everybody got so huffy and bent out of shape about Agent Orange.  =D :angel:
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.