Author Topic: we may as well invade them now.  (Read 5198 times)

coppertales

• friend
Re: we may as well invade them now.
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2013, 10:39:03 AM »
North Korea wants something.  Every time the NKs have pulled this threatening stunt, the USA has opened the store and given them anything they want.  It is about to happen again.....chris3

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2013, 03:43:43 PM »
North Korea wants something.  Every time the NKs have pulled this threatening stunt, the USA has opened the store and given them anything they want.  It is about to happen again.....chris3

Which of course works about as well with international diplomacy as it does with a whiny little brat. Doesnt solve the problem and just teaches the brat that its a viable tactic.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2013, 05:01:34 PM »
Which of course works about as well with international diplomacy as it does with a whiny little brat. Doesnt solve the problem and just teaches the brat that its a viable tactic.

And here I was going to refer to the danegeld, but your analogy is far more apt.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 05:33:05 PM »
Carpetbomb their asses- with rations and liberator pistols.

^^ Win.

Tired of warmongering, looking for the next-most-retarded kid on the short bus to beat up and make everyone laugh and hoot... while we keep spending everyone else's lunch money.

Let's have a REAL war, based on ideals of freedom.  Cut off aid and arm the entire effing country with a few hundred thousand rifles/handguns/grenades/claymores/RPG's.

Let's be 18th century France here, for the NK people.  Break blockades, facilitate arms shipments to rebels.

Then again, that would go against the UN gun ban treaty being bandied about, which is designed to maintain the despotic status quo everywhere.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2013, 06:51:04 PM »
" 'If Kim Jong Un decides to launch a missile, whether it's across the Sea of Japan or some other direction, he will be choosing willfully to ignore the entire international community,' [Secretary of State John] Kerry told reporters. 'And it will be a provocation and unwanted act that will raise people's temperatures.' ""--Associated Press, April 12, 2013

He might even be "very put out."  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »
^^ Win.

Tired of warmongering, looking for the next-most-retarded kid on the short bus to beat up and make everyone laugh and hoot... while we keep spending everyone else's lunch money.

Let's have a REAL war, based on ideals of freedom.  Cut off aid and arm the entire effing country with a few hundred thousand rifles/handguns/grenades/claymores/RPG's.

Let's be 18th century France here, for the NK people.  Break blockades, facilitate arms shipments to rebels.

Then again, that would go against the UN gun ban treaty being bandied about, which is designed to maintain the despotic status quo everywhere.

All

Of

This
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2013, 07:42:30 PM »
He might even be "very put out."  :lol:

Sternly written note..  possibly even in red ink in places! 

Better:  Try it and the glass parking lot that was Pyongyang will be visible from space when the light hits it.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2013, 02:36:32 PM »
Carpetbomb their asses- with rations and liberator pistols.
I like it.
We produce more food in an hour than North Korea produces in a year
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2013, 02:57:01 PM »
possibly even in red ink in places

Nah - that would be way too provocative  :angel:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin