Author Topic: Planet Fitness Transgender  (Read 5193 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Planet Fitness Transgender
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 10:01:26 PM »
Society needs a Frank Perdue test for this crap. "Parts is parts." You go to the correct part-indicated facilities.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 10:23:20 PM »
DSM-IV mentally ill or bat**it crazy mentally ill?

And remember that we are dealing with a doubly-protected class - sex and disbility.

How are transgenders a protected class? It's illegal to discriminate on the basis of gender. By definition, a "transgender" is someone of one gender who is pretending to be of the other gender. I don't see any protected class there.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 12:49:37 AM »
Unisex restroom/changing room.  Private floor to ceiling stalls.  Eliminate urinals.  Sinks can be shared space. 
Having lockable private shower rooms would eliminate the issue there, too.
It's not a hard problem to solve, if the business wants to invest in solving it.

My real issue is when people are told they will accommodate group x, y, or z or face court or government sanctions.  Freedom of association should be one of the most basic tenants of freedom.

this.

There are enough privacy and harassment issues with public facilities that such efforts could/would solve many problems, without forcing anyone to cater to a specific minority feelz.

IMHO, dealing with this kind of stuff, it's better to just make it a non issue overall.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 03:50:58 AM »
I wish I could find the cartoon of the person who is talking to their counselor saying things like "I identify as a cisnormative male when i first wake up the morning, but by the time I go to work I identify as a transexual polyamourous lesbian, then...on and on and on... finally in the the second to last panel the the counselor says "Pull down your pants".  The last panel shows a "rear view" of said confused individual with her pants down and the counselor stating "You are a Woman."

;/ ;/ ;/ :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
http://41.media.tumblr.com/26c29453a4081336c53aa932c7720a8c/tumblr_nfdfw16AFw1u0r0dgo1_1280.png
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2015, 09:58:34 AM »
IMO, as long as I can't self identify as a half-black, half Cherokee, you are what your DNA says you are.  Don't like it, tough; that's life.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 10:11:14 PM »
IMHO, dealing with this kind of stuff, it's better to just make it a non issue overall.

Butbutbut that makes it harder for attention whores to seek attention!

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2015, 03:57:33 PM »
IMO, as long as I can't self identify as a half-black, half Cherokee, you are what your DNA says you are.  Don't like it, tough; that's life.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2015, 04:53:11 PM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2015, 09:22:07 PM »
How are transgenders a protected class? It's illegal to discriminate on the basis of gender. By definition, a "transgender" is someone of one gender who is pretending to be of the other gender. I don't see any protected class there.

Then they are either DSM-IV crazy or considered by society to be crazy.  Either of which is a disability.  Which means you cannot discriminate against them.

But more importanyly, why are there not more hawt babes who feel trapped in that body and yearn to have hair on their chest and to fart and to scratch their neuticles?

Given the number of XY wanting to be XX, as opposed to vice versa, I am becoming more convinced that it is merely a case of chromosomal envy.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2015, 09:50:51 PM »
I've herd of a few 3rd bathroom's installed that were male/female/family/wtf?/etc.
Single occupant type things. Solves the problem.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2015, 12:08:19 PM »
I've herd of a few 3rd bathroom's installed that were male/female/family/wtf?/etc.
Single occupant type things. Solves the problem.

Anytime Fitness has unisex bathrooms without showers.  I generally use one when changing into workout clothes so as not to tie up a shower bathroom when I don't need the shower.  Not like a whole lot of people are showing up there at 10PM with kids that still need potty time help.