Author Topic: Ukrainian Anti-Drone Shotguns  (Read 71 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Ukrainian Anti-Drone Shotguns
« on: Today at 10:41:41 AM »
The Ukis are apparently buying Turkish BTS-12 shotguns for anti-drone defense. So much for a worthwhile use of American taxpayer dollars. At least a Ukrainian Oligarch can buy himself a new yacht with the kickback ducats from the Turks.

https://youtu.be/R2WDt6IHp-g
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
Re: Ukrainian Anti-Drone Shotguns
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:03:18 PM »
Spoiler: it's a bullpup shotgun review/test with no load data or terminal performance against UAVs.

I'd start with 1.5 oz of lead #2-BB @ 1300fps. That should be effective out to 50yds depending on the barrel.  Patterning it could be brutal.
7-11 was a part time job.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:11:15 PM »
Spoiler: it's a bullpup shotgun review/test with no load data or terminal performance against UAVs.

I'd start with 1.5 oz of lead #2-BB @ 1300fps. That should be effective out to 50yds depending on the barrel.  Patterning it could be brutal.

It was a durability test.  Nothing more, nor advertised as such.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:19:42 PM »
The Ukrainian connection is literally the first 30 seconds of the video.

https://defence-blog.com/ukrainian-soldiers-use-turkish-made-shotguns-to-counter-fpv-drones/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:16:37 PM »
I don't know why they would need shotguns.  Surely they can get hold of more $2 million missiles to take out the drones. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:18:42 PM »
I don't know why they would need shotguns.  Surely they can get hold of more $2 million missiles to take out the drones.

After the Big Guy and his friends and everyone else along the line take out their share it's all the Ukrainians can afford.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: Today at 04:24:34 PM »
Take a .50 BMG or a 20MM and make some of those blue CCI shot holders for them and fill them with some #4.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG