Author Topic: Photo-op props dying on the vine  (Read 987 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Photo-op props dying on the vine
« on: October 15, 2013, 07:20:33 PM »
Literally.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/14/squirrels-nuts-for-first-ladys-garden-during-shutdown/

No more hired help to tend the garden. I wonder if we will get a phot-op of the evils of .gov shutdown. "Just like the veggies in my garden, the people of America are suffering the consequences of the government shutdown. I hope the shut down ends in time to save my garden, but in the meantime, I will watch the service academies play football".

Or something like that.

bob

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Photo-op props dying on the vine
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »
Here's a thought.  Why doesn't Michelle get her big ass out there and do some weeding.  The girls are old enough to help.  It is "her" garden afterall....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 09:04:54 PM »
Here's a thought.  Why doesn't Michelle get her big ass out there and do some weeding.  The girls are old enough to help.  It is "her" garden afterall....

"Let's move!!"
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 10:07:45 PM »
I wonder why they even call it the first lady's garden?  It's not "hers", it's a service that provides fresh food for the house and its current occupants.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 10:10:49 PM »
Here's a thought.  Why doesn't Michelle get her big ass out there and do some weeding.  The girls are old enough to help.  It is "her" garden afterall...

She's too busy telling us to drink water and do more physical activity.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 12:50:14 AM »
"Let's move!!"

move out of the White House...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 09:47:31 AM »
BHO was on TV the other day "working" to assemble bologna sandwiches for the "needy" while lambasting the GOP, so the First Family isn't above manual labor.

So I agree that Michelle should move her steatopygous gluteus maximus out to the garden and actually DO something useful and productive for a change, rather than just mouth off about how the rest of us should live.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 10:58:50 AM »
BHO was on TV the other day "working" to assemble bologna sandwiches for the "needy" while lambasting the GOP, so the First Family isn't above manual labor.

So I agree that Michelle should move her steatopygous gluteus maximus out to the garden and actually DO something useful and productive for a change, rather than just mouth off about how the rest of us should live.

Personally, I think she should just stay in the garden and shut her pie hole.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 04:00:34 PM »
If the whole idea was a "family victory garden?"  Then it's a miserable fail.  A family garden shouldn't be so large that a family couldn't take care of it.  What is the job of a first lady?  NOTHING!!!  The constitution doesn't address first ladies/husbands at all.  So all she needs to be doing is tending the garden and baking cookies.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com