Author Topic: I'm disappointed about my state...  (Read 2978 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
I'm disappointed about my state...
« on: February 13, 2013, 10:39:11 PM »
The hand wringing hippies are about to officially taken over Colorado. Sorry everyone, we tried.

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_22573432?source=commented-

Stetson

• friends
Re: I'm disappointed about my state...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 10:45:07 PM »
I called the rep for the area and told them they were an uneducated buffoon and I could prove it.  They declined to take me up on the proving session.  I also told them I would be taking my tax paying butt out of CO when this passed.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 10:51:20 PM »
I sincerely hope Magpul moves and those idiots notice it.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 10:52:14 PM »
I called the rep for the area and told them they were an uneducated buffoon and I could prove it.  They declined to take me up on the proving session.  I also told them I would be taking my tax paying butt out of CO when this passed.

Speaking of, as soon as I get word back from the lawyer and the unemployment office I'm going job hunting in Montana. Eff this communist hell hole (Denver Metro area).

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 10:55:24 PM »
That sucks man.

The way I understand it they kind of have to if they want to continue to produce the PMAGs (and this has the secondary effect of ensuring Magpul will remain WAY behind on mags what with the hassle of moving production).

The hippies will love it of course, it's one less EEEEVVVVVIIIIILLLLLLL gun stuff maker and they don't mind losing revenue for that.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 11:07:35 PM »
Hell, lets help them move their factories north and then wall off Wyoming/Montana/Idaho before the locusts are lured to our prosperity.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 11:52:22 PM »
It's being fought at the state level alright.

I enjoy listening to this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_n62ghba-Q
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 12:01:05 AM »
Doug Smith, chief operating officer of the Colorado-based ammunition magazine manufacturer Magpul, said the measure would force his company to leave Colorado and take with it an estimated $85 million in potential spending this year.
"Passage would devastate the company," he said of the measure.

They could move one state to the west.  That would be one more reason for me to move to the Beehive State!

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 12:05:31 AM »

They could move one state to the west.  That would be one more reason for me to move to the Beehive State!

They'd certainly be welcome here. We already have some bullet and ammunition manufacturers in the state. Why does it seem the majority of firearms related manufacturing is behind enemy lines, so to speak? Supply chain reasons? Transportation?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 12:11:53 AM »
I just heard news it was amended to 15 rounds?

Sounds like there's some cracks showing.

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_22573432?source=commented-

State Rep. Mike McLachlan, D- Durango, who sits on the committee, offered the amendment to, he said, allow citizens to protect themselves.
"Fifteen is a reasonable number, and this is what I'm going to ask in my amendment," McLachlan said.

Read more: Colorado House Committee passes amended gun magazine limit - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_22573432?source=commented-#ixzz2KqbYaEfC
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Color me skeptical. I'm thinking someone with some pull has a 15 round handgun.  :P
I promise not to duck.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 05:14:34 AM »
They'd certainly be welcome here. We already have some bullet and ammunition manufacturers in the state. Why does it seem the majority of firearms related manufacturing is behind enemy lines, so to speak? Supply chain reasons? Transportation?

Established in places that were previously pro-freedom but have since been overrun and subverted by the progressives.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 08:13:35 AM »

Iowa will welcome them with open arms. We had similar study files brought to the judiciary committee this week in the Iowa House and they promptly died there.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 10:37:37 AM »
Magpul can come to AZ.  We have lots of mom-n-pop AR manufacturers here, as well as Ruger.

The bill says that if an individual already owns a high-capacity magazine on the effective date of the bill's becoming law, then that individual may retain it. Prosecutors would bear the burden of proof that an owner violated the new stricture.

Um... travel out of state and buy more mags, with cash.

As long as they aren't stamped with a manufactured date, Prosecutors can't prove $#!+.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 11:08:11 AM »
The bill says that if an individual already owns a high-capacity magazine on the effective date of the bill's becoming law, then that individual may retain it. Prosecutors would bear the burden of proof that an owner violated the new stricture.

So, in essence one more unenforceable law on the books, put in just so busy-body politicians can turn to their constituents and say "I'm-a tough on teh evil gunz!!!", nevermind disruption of legitimate commerce and infringement upon the exercise of a Right.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 11:35:45 AM »
It'll suck if Magpul gets even farther behind on pmags because of this, but I hope the CO morons get voted out by all the people that hurts economically.

Kgbsquirrel: Armscor in Montana is hiring gunsmith types last I heard.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 12:29:09 PM »
I left Colorado in 1997  ;)

On my occasional visit back down there, I am reminded why I left.  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 12:39:49 PM »
Hey MagPul, we have a brand new industrial park in Lubbock just itching for new tenants.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 01:09:03 PM »
So, in essence one more unenforceable law on the books, put in just so busy-body politicians can turn to their constituents and say "I'm-a tough on teh evil gunz!!!", nevermind disruption of legitimate commerce and infringement upon the exercise of a Right.

The good news is that they are getting to the saturation point of complete unenforcibility for the BS stuff. Look how small time thieves and such get off now with virtually nothing. Keep a low profile and LE ignores you for the most part. They are too busy catching the dumb criminals...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 06:14:12 PM »
The group, Mayors Against Illegal Guns or whatever they are calling themselves, tout that background checks have kept guns out of the hands of thousands of criminals.  Calls to the CO legislature asking where the prosecution of these criminals, for lying on the forms, can be researched or seen or whatever, is met with uncomfortable silence.  I would ask my Sate rep but they won't answer the phone.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 08:46:10 AM »
Hey MagPul, we have a brand new industrial park in Lubbock just itching for new tenants.

Brad
Just a few hours drive and a few uhaul trucks. Texas will welcome new industrial  citizens. Rick Perry and Ted Cruz are already saying what Texas citizens want. Bring your jobs here.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"