Author Topic: This is how DHS seizes your guns.  (Read 8381 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
This is how DHS seizes your guns.
« on: February 13, 2013, 02:06:12 PM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/robert-farago/this-is-how-the-dhs-seizes-your-guns/

From TTAG, which I don't read, but my brother does and sent it. Please self-moderate your responses.

First of all, forget about them coming to the door. They’ll intercept you on your way home from the Doctor’s office (for example), then one vehicle will come up behind you and two will block your way in front and turn on the flashing lights. They then jump out with ‘real’ assault rifles, point them at you and order your hands up, and exit the vehicle.  You, being a law abiding citizen, comply. At gunpoint, they order you to assume the position against your car, handcuffs you and frisk you, and you’re directed to get into the back seat. Then the lead agent gets into the driver seat and drives your car to your driveway. You sit there with cuffed hands behind you – bleeding.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

SADShooter

• friend
Re: This is how DHS seizes your guns.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 02:20:16 PM »
Didn't read, but there is nothing novel or surprising in your excerpt. Those making honest forecasts understand how that reality may play. A Waco-style raid and stand-off is now the stuff of fantasy.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/robert-farago/this-is-how-the-dhs-seizes-your-guns/

From TTAG, which I don't read, but my brother does and sent it. Please self-moderate your responses.

Here's my self-moderated response: Nope.

(1) Just how many times will that trick work?
(2) Just how many gun owners are there in the United States?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:28:45 PM »
Didn't read, but there is nothing novel or surprising in your excerpt. Those making honest forecasts understand how that reality may play. A Waco-style raid and stand-off is now the stuff of fantasy.

Take a look, this is not conjecture but an account from an actual incident. And you are not wrong.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 02:31:43 PM »
Here's my self-moderated response: Nope.

(1) Just how many times will that trick work?
(2) Just how many gun owners are there in the United States?

Good points. I don't think this is something they can justify on a regular basis.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 02:46:11 PM »
Take a look, this is not conjecture but an account from an actual incident. And you are not wrong.

the account seems selective about some details  are there any more?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 02:48:21 PM »
the account seems selective about some details  are there any more?
There was a little thing at the top that hopefully some more were coming pending OK from lawyer.

All I know is that it didn't happen to me which is good, I started twitching when I read it.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »
Mistake #1 is being an FFL and working out of your home.

Don't be an FFL.

I do like that "Henry Bowman" is the first to comment.  Which is my only comment I'll offer.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 02:54:46 PM »

Don't be an FFL.

I do like that "Henry Bowman" is the first to comment.  Which is my only comment I'll offer.

After what happened to the Reese's I will never be an FFL and I would discourage any of my friends from doing so. It ain't worth it.

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 02:57:57 PM »
There was a little thing at the top that hopefully some more were coming pending OK from lawyer.

All I know is that it didn't happen to me which is good, I started twitching when I read it.

if this is true
"Later, you find out that the affidavit which justified the search warrant is sealed – and you can’t even find out why they searched and seized. A few days later, the sworn affidavit is unsealed, and you find out that the agent lied repeatedly, told half-truths, speculated about possible violations, and related his ‘suspicions’ with no basis in fact – and that the search warrant is nothing more than a gigantic fishing expedition to see what they could find ."

and hes noy waiting for the shoe to drop his disclaimer is gonna have a timer on it
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 03:00:58 PM »
So force mandatory universal background checks, then harass most of the FFL holders out of existence? End result, extreme inconvenience and cost when transferring a legally private owned gun to a law abiding person.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 03:15:01 PM »
My dad just made a good point to me. Part of the problem of "national" police which are not accountable to local population or locally elected officials (like Sheriff or city police chief).

South Africa (where we used to live) had national police and they worked in hand with army.

We would occasionally see license checkpoints with troop carriers and guys in camo with R4s.

Developing nations and 3rd world countries have national police.

DHS is filling this role.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »

Honestly, I've seen this before. And more than one member of this board has been through this sort of thing. Jocassee faced trumped up charges for moving an old rifle. vaskidmark had a barrel of trouble for pointing a finger. "But it all worked out in the end!"  Yea, well, it's been a long time since being found innocent was the end of your trouble. Your BEST circumstances are a mountain of debt in legal fees for doing nothing wrong. Worst, is being forced into a plea deal, because you are screwed twelve ways to Sunday if you lose against folks significantly better funded and equipped.

I know C&SD will be along to say "details are muddled!", "arbeit macht frei!", "war is peace", etc.

Honestly, is there a single person on this board that would be truly shocked about hearing folks in the ninja gear tearing up some house, because of some flimsy accusation?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 03:24:29 PM »
The collector/FFL who got raided:

http://www.adamsguns.com/
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 03:31:56 PM »
My dad just made a good point to me. Part of the problem of "national" police which are not accountable to local population or locally elected officials (like Sheriff or city police chief).

South Africa (where we used to live) had national police and they worked in hand with army.

We would occasionally see license checkpoints with troop carriers and guys in camo with R4s.

Very keen observation. Don't take your eye off of that.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 03:39:48 PM »
Hmmmm...

-Big 4x4 vehicle capable of pushing others out of the way. ARB  brush bars/bumpers etc.
-Run-flat tires.
-Some strategically placed AR 500 plates. Not a full armor job-just basic survivability.
-Command detonated directional mines with hidden switches.

I mean yeah, you're still going to die. The point is just to be capable of breaking contact to offload kids/family if they're with you. Or maybe responding and taking a few with you, or perhaps a second engagement of your choosing.
I promise not to duck.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 03:56:37 PM »
Some folks just might get pushed to the point of being proactive.   =|

Good thing that I don't know anybody like that  :angel:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 04:43:27 PM »

Didn't some politician a while back also advocate for a National Civil Defense Corps, or some such?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 05:14:34 PM »
The collector/FFL who got raided:

http://www.adamsguns.com/

Obviously a threat to the country, what with his predilection for old/collectable arms.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 06:08:36 PM »
Any such tactic can be used against the jbts by enterprising individuals or small groups.
I worry very little about these things.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 06:29:50 PM »

The same level of harassment has happened to brick and mortar FFL's. 
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 06:53:46 PM »
Good points. I don't think this is something they can justify on a regular basis.

No instead they go for the loudest, most vocal. The leaders, the experienced vets training civilians.  FFL's, underground "dealers". 
That's how it will be done.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

• friends
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 06:56:08 PM »
No instead they go for the loudest, most vocal. The leaders, the experienced vets training civilians.  FFL's, underground "dealers". 
That's how it will be done.

whaT  was the name of that guy/company that everyone rallied behind last time?  you know the guy who squealed innocent solicited defense cash then went to court to plead guilty/stupid?

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 08:18:21 PM »
whaT  was the name of that guy/company that everyone rallied behind last time?  you know the guy who squealed innocent solicited defense cash then went to court to plead guilty/stupid?

Cav Arms. And yes that was a retarded case

But if memory serves they also sat on his inventory for something like a year with no charges. And the charges that were filed weren't much of anything IRRC. I don't have time to do the research ATM

• friends
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 09:22:27 PM »
Cav Arms. And yes that was a retarded case

But if memory serves they also sat on his inventory for something like a year with no charges. And the charges that were filed weren't much of anything IRRC. I don't have time to do the research ATM

they were stupid charges  the kind that make you go "he did what?"  and after all his noise about innocence he plead guilty.