Main Forums > The Roundtable

OpenOffice 2 help needed

<< < (2/3) > >>

jefnvk:
Oh, the biggie was that it doesn't save in the same format as OpenOffice 1.1

Ben:

--- Quote ---doesn't save in the same format as OpenOffice 1.1That seems kinda dorky.

Has anyone played around with it regarding back and forth compatability with MS Office? I think 1.1 is pretty good in that regard, but still run into enough glitches that when working on work documents at home, especially presentations, I'll still often fire up the Windoze machine.

jefnvk:
Reads Word and Excel fine.  Don't have Office, so I can't bounce some back and forth, but it did work on one Word document that 1.1 would never convert right.

crt360:
If it reads Word better, that will be a big help for me.  I use Word in the office and OpenOffice elsewhere.  I transfer docs back and forth that have a lot of formatting which gets screwed up and takes a lot of time to fix in the final draft.

Beren:

--- Quote ---doesn't save in the same format as OpenOffice 1.1OOo 2.0 uses the 'OpenDocument' format now by default.  This is an open format that all "open source" office productivity packages are moving to for enhanced compatibility.  

It'll still save and write the old formats, and it's easy to change the default file formats.

To turn off autocomplete, go to 'Tools->AutoCorrect', click on the 'Word Completion' tab, and uncheck 'enable word completion.'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version