Author Topic: time warner special!  (Read 709 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
time warner special!
« on: January 12, 2012, 11:09:49 AM »
so i sign up for a special that time warner was running a couple of months ago, phone internet and cable for $99.  looking at the bill i see they are charging me $106 plus taxes.  when i call them up they tell me it is because i the c able box is an extra $7.  i ask them what i need the cable box for, and they tell me it is for digital cable.  i personally don't care if my old tv gets digital cable or not so i ask them to just send me analog.  they tell me that it would raise the price of my package to get analog.  it boils down to me signing up for a package for $99 that requires a box for an additional $7 fee.  so how can it be called a $99 package and not a $106 package?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: time warner special!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 11:44:19 AM »
Sounds like a "bait-and-switch."   I'd get out of the deal if I could just on principle ....but that's just me.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 12:15:22 PM »
Typically the $99 is the service charge, which doesn't include any required hardware rentals.  That said, many providers give you the hardware for some period of time free of charge (Verizon gave me the DVR and set top boxes for a year).

Chris

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 03:31:25 PM »
1) Quit yer bitchin', $106 is a good deal. 
2) See if your TV will work hooked up direct without the cable box.  Make sure it gets all the channels you want, not just 2-13, or 2-86.  If it does, tell 'em you want to keep the package just like it is but you don't need the converter cuz your TV has a digital tuner.  You should be able to keep the $99 part.
"It's good, though..."

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 05:52:04 PM »
or maybe it's time to upgrade to a digital tv.  and yes $106 isn't bad for what we are getting, but when the package is advertised as $99 that should be the price.  fortunatly we didn't have to sign a contract, so as soon as i find a better deal i will take it.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 06:37:52 PM »
It's a good deal for the specified time period. After that the price goes up to $140 to $150 a month.

I hated Time Warner, but I hate Charter even more.