Author Topic: January 6 -- Entrapment?  (Read 1818 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
January 6 -- Entrapment?
« on: July 02, 2021, 03:21:43 PM »
Interesting article. Not sure how much I believe, but I certainly don't disbelieve.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/lee-smith-insurrectionists-january-6
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
Re: January 6 -- Entrapment?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 07:30:40 PM »
I printed it and will read it tonight - eh - in the reading room.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 08:55:39 AM »
Nearly half a year after the demonstration authorities still won’t release the 14,000 hours of footage held by the Capitol Police.

Nor will law enforcement authorities share the footage with the detainees’ lawyers, most of whom are public defenders (many of the defendants cannot afford legal counsel). Naturally, they want to know if the footage includes evidence helpful to their clients. But according to authorities the footage is too sensitive to release, and judges are signing off on protective orders to withhold the video from defense counsel and the public. Lawyers for the Capitol Police fear it would be “passed on to those who might wish to attack the Capitol again.”

Interesting excuse for not releasing all the footage. Or more accurately, only releasing the footage the bolster's the state's case. Very third world.

Speaking of third world, the below is related. I still haven't seen conclusive evidence of "armed terrorists". If 500 people were wandering around inside the Capitol with guns out, I would expect we would even now be seeing daily photographic evidence of it in the MSM. I'd be interested to see a list of recovered "weapons".

Dozens detained in federal prison awaiting trial following the Jan. 6 breach of the U.S. Capitol building are being subject to solitary confinement, lack of required medical care, and restricted access to defense counsel, according to two attorneys and the father of a defendant.

Of the close to 500 arrests made so far in connection with the Jan. 6 incident, lawyers John Pierce and Steven Metcalf II, who represent several of the defendants, told EpochTV’s “The Nation Speaks” that some detainees who are being held pre-trial face solitary conferment for 23 hours a day in conditions that are “unconstitutional” and violate “every single basic human right.”

Pierce explained that these individuals are being detained by federal judges under the 1984 Bail Reform Act, which, under certain circumstances, authorizes pre-trial detention if is believed the individuals are a threat to the community or a flight risk.

“There are about 50 plus or minus that are that are being detained, that have been in prison for months and will likely remain in prison for many more months until their day in court,” said Pierce.

Ned Lang, the father of a defendant who he said is receiving particularly harsh treatment, said that his son Jake is currently detained in a Washington, D.C. prison in an area called “the hole.”

“He [Jake] has no access to when Steve [his attorney] goes down and talks to him … he has no access to a private interview with an attorney. It’s like you’re in a third world country, it’s unbelievable,” said Lang. “From what he’s telling me and what I’m hearing, it’s solitary confinement 23 hours and one hour out a day, it’s horrible.”

“These are Americans, we have individual rights, we have our Bill of Rights. This is inhumane treatment.”

Expanding on Jake’s treatment in detention, Metcalf charged that he is being denied his constitutional rights by having restricted access to defense counsel.

“I’m being told the water is black—he has to filter the water through a sock in order to even drink water,” the lawyer said. “In addition to only going out one hour a day, there’s also the weekend where he doesn’t get out at all, and he’s not able to use a shower, get a shave for days on end.”

These conditions for pre-trial detainees, said Metcalf, are unusual.

“The conditions in the D.C. jail in particular are getting to a point of not only being unconstitutional and violating every single basic human right, but they’re getting to a point where people have to speak out, and they have to know about what’s going on,” he added.

Metcalf accused authorities of instilling a “level of fear” throughout all of the inmates, but added that it is unclear who is to blame for the conditions.

“Anything that they do, or if anybody speaks up on their behalf, all of a sudden, they get targeted even further and then get put into a dangerous, unsanitary condition,” the attorney said.

Testifying at an oversight hearing held by the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee last month, FBI Director Chris Wray said that the FBI had divided the tens of thousands of protesters who were at the Capitol on Jan. 6 into three groups: “peaceful, maybe rowdy” protesters who didn’t participate in the breach and made up the biggest group, a second group who engaged in criminal trespass of the Capitol Building, and a third group—the smallest in number—who were responsible for carrying weapons into the Capitol.

Close to 500 arrests among those in the second and third groups have been made so far in connection with the Jan. 6 incident, Wray told the committee. The Department of Justice previously said that the majority of cases are related to entering a restricted building, obstruction of an official proceeding, and civil disorder.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/jan-6-detainees-confined-23-hours-a-day-attorneys-say_3886969.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 10:02:57 AM »
Interesting excuse for not releasing all the footage. Or more accurately, only releasing the footage the bolster's the state's case. Very third world.

Speaking of third world, the below is related. I still haven't seen conclusive evidence of "armed terrorists". If 500 people were wandering around inside the Capitol with guns out, I would expect we would even now be seeing daily photographic evidence of it in the MSM. I'd be interested to see a list of recovered "weapons".

https://www.theepochtimes.com/jan-6-detainees-confined-23-hours-a-day-attorneys-say_3886969.html
I would as well.  I don't recall anyone claiming those people were armed. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 12:50:07 PM »
I recall claims that they were armed, but I haven't seen a single photograph or a single shred of other evidence to back up the claim.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 01:53:18 PM »
The Fix is in.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 02:05:10 PM »

Unarmed insurrection seems pretty lame to me and nearly guaranteed to fail  [ar15]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 02:45:04 PM »
I recall claims that they were armed, but I haven't seen a single photograph or a single shred of other evidence to back up the claim.

The left has consistently claimed it was an armed insurrection. The facts to the contrary don’t matter when they hold their hands over their ears and scream their “truth” loudly
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2021, 03:22:57 PM »

I would have to gazoogle for articles or video, but I'm pretty positive I remember Pelosi and members of the squad saying they were armed and hunting congresscritters. Not that there's anything wrong with that.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2021, 04:57:23 PM »
I would have to gazoogle for articles or video, but I'm pretty positive I remember Pelosi and members of the squad saying they were armed and hunting congresscritters. Not that there's anything wrong with that.  =)
That should be a constant threat to keep to remind them they work for us.

...........not that I am considering any such thing. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2021, 05:40:52 PM »
Not only do they not work for us but the fed gov, congress, the courts and the permanent government are firing white Americans from their country, replacing them as fast as they can get away with it through immigration policy.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 08:39:23 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2021, 08:38:37 PM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 01:26:14 PM by bedlamite »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2021, 09:44:15 AM »
Well here's a good one. This guy had a Lego set of the Capitol. It is being used as evidence against him, because Lego is known for high resolution interior layouts.

Also, regarding "weapons", note the circled areas on the FBI photo. This guy is obviously wearing a carrier configured as a medic's vest. Don't tell me that trained FBI agents aren't familiar with that.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/07/07/he-had-blueprints-fbi-says-they-discovered-a-fully-assembled-u-s-capitol-lego-set-at-the-home-of-alleged-jan-6-rioter/

Also, some of the people arrested:

https://twitter.com/nycjim/status/1403473701576839176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1403473701576839176%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fgregp-3534%2F2021%2F07%2F07%2Fhe-had-blueprints-fbi-says-they-discovered-a-fully-assembled-u-s-capitol-lego-set-at-the-home-of-alleged-jan-6-rioter%2F

If there is an insurrection going on, we need to start investigating on the democratic side of the aisle (and some R elite) and the fed alphabet agencies that are outright lying and manipulating data and "evidence".

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2021, 10:01:31 AM »
Well here's a good one. This guy had a Lego set of the Capitol. It is being used as evidence against him, because Lego is known for high resolution interior layouts.

Also, regarding "weapons", note the circled areas on the FBI photo. This guy is obviously wearing a carrier configured as a medic's vest. Don't tell me that trained FBI agents aren't familiar with that.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/07/07/he-had-blueprints-fbi-says-they-discovered-a-fully-assembled-u-s-capitol-lego-set-at-the-home-of-alleged-jan-6-rioter/

Ben,  I have to disagree.  I see a carrier with 4 empty rifle mag pouches, an empty frag pouch, two knives, and admin pouch(or IFAK, hard to tell) a CAT, trauma shears, and either another CAT or coms (again hard to tell). (and no plates, but whatever)  The CAT(s) and shears are kinda normal everyone med gear these days, and indeed He's short a couple tourniquets from what a lot of folks carry, but it's a FAR cry from a medic rig to help others.

It looks to me like it's his normal "rifleman" plate carrier that he took the time to dump all the DC illegal mags off of before he went to the riot.  Which if he had a decent lawyer is probably points in his favor, as you don't normally download your gear on the way to the insurrection.

That also fits with much of the other pics I've seen of the tactical gear.  Vests and carriers that have no wear on them, and *expletive deleted*it hung on them that you couldn't reach in real life, that have been hastily downloaded to make DC legal. Make of that what you will.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2021, 10:16:41 AM »
Ben,  I have to disagree.  I see a carrier with 4 empty rifle mag pouches, an empty frag pouch, two knives, and admin pouch(or IFAK, hard to tell) a CAT, trauma shears, and either another CAT or coms (again hard to tell). (and no plates, but whatever)  The CAT(s) and shears are kinda normal everyone med gear these days, and indeed He's short a couple tourniquets from what a lot of folks carry, but it's a FAR cry from a medic rig to help others.

It looks to me like it's his normal "rifleman" plate carrier that he took the time to dump all the DC illegal mags off of before he went to the riot.  Which if he had a decent lawyer is probably points in his favor, as you don't normally download your gear on the way to the insurrection.

That also fits with much of the other pics I've seen of the tactical gear.  Vests and carriers that have no wear on them, and *expletive deleted*it hung on them that you couldn't reach in real life, that have been hastily downloaded to make DC legal. Make of that what you will.

I'll concede this to you because you have way more expertise. If I were to save part of my argument, I would focus on the fact that though it's not a "medic's loadout", he did seem to take the time to strip any scary stuff off the vest. He might have been better off removing the mag pouches and stuff too, but it does look to me like he was trying to make his carrier "non-threatening".

In the bigger picture, if it were me, the carrier would be left at home (well, if it were me, I would leave myself at home too) and if I wanted to carry medical gear, I might do so in a non-tactical looking ruck or fanny pack. However I also don't believe simply wearing a carrier or other "scary looking" stuff should get people locked up.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2021, 10:20:29 AM »
In the bigger picture, if it were me, the carrier would be left at home (well, if it were me, I would leave myself at home too) and if I wanted to carry medical gear, I might do so in a non-tactical looking ruck or fanny pack. However I also don't believe simply wearing a carrier or other "scary looking" stuff should get people locked up.

I totally agree with that.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2021, 02:44:35 PM »
I also don't believe simply wearing a carrier or other "scary looking" stuff should get people locked up.

Yes, certainly, but they had some other reasons to lock him up. Those may be up for dispute too, I don’t know the evidence against him, but simply wearing a carrier isn't this guy's main problem.
FBI agents from the Pittsburgh office arrested Robert Morss on Friday on charges of assaulting officers, civil disorder, robbery of personal property of the U.S. and obstruction of an official proceeding.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2021, 02:58:06 PM »
How does "the US" have personal property?  Did it get personhood like the big corps did?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2021, 03:28:29 PM »

Yes, certainly, but they had some other reasons to lock him up. Those may be up for dispute too, I don’t know the evidence against him, but simply wearing a carrier isn't this guy's main problem.

I didn't see all the evidence against him, but what I did see in videos shown of him and others, part of the charges stem from them pushing back against batons wielded by the Capitol Police, which apparently is the "assaulting officers" charge.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in nearly every BLM and antifa video I have seen, hundreds of protestors pushed, or tried to push back against cops either blocking them or moving them, and those were the milder forms of resistance, with the more aggressive forms involving bottles of urine and baseball bats to the head. None of those people have been sitting in jail without bail. A few of them were arrested, but they all got bail, and only a very, very, few were prosecuted (antifa at least - I haven't seen any BLM people prosecuted).

Also, of the videos I mentioned, I'm not sure if it was this "medic" guy, or one of the others, but one of them only blocked the baton because the cop was hitting someone already down.

Also, more than guilt or innocence, I'm concerned with fair application of the law regarding 06JAN vs the Portland and other violent protests.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2021, 03:47:55 PM »
TPTB have decided that the objectives behind Antifa and BLM are righteous, and those behind 6 Jan are not. Comparisons between the two will reflect that decision.

Pretending that they should treat the two the same will fall on deaf ears, as well.  Trying to get leftists to treat them the same is an exercise in futility.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2021, 05:36:16 PM »
That should be a constant threat to keep to remind them they work for us.

...........not that I am considering any such thing.

Vault-Tec suggests releasing a live jaguar into the building and locking all the exits.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2021, 02:55:41 PM »
If something serious ever cooks off, everyone is going to know there are rapidly diminishing returns on handing yourself into the feds.

I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2021, 03:04:39 PM »
If something serious ever cooks off, everyone is going to know there are rapidly diminishing returns on handing yourself into the feds.
I figure these months long incarcerations without charges will get longer and longer. 

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2021, 06:01:21 PM »
Burn a city down: Charges dropped, you're free to go.
Embarrass Pelosi: You rot in jail
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2021, 06:20:03 PM »
Burn a city down: Charges dropped Kamala gets you out, you're free to go.
Embarrass Pelosi: You rot in jail

FTFY