Author Topic: Babylon Bee  (Read 51128 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Babylon Bee
« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2023, 02:05:05 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #326 on: November 16, 2023, 02:19:00 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #327 on: November 17, 2023, 09:32:56 AM »
President Xi Arrives To Inspect Newest Chinese Colony
https://babylonbee.com/news/president-xi-arrives-to-inspect-his-colony-in-the-americas

Sometimes I wonder if the writers at BB know things about the future that we don't.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #328 on: November 17, 2023, 01:32:28 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if the writers at BB know things about the future that we don't.

They're just observing the present.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2023, 04:41:38 PM »
Chick-Fil-A Adds Tire Rotation, Oil Change, Car Wash, Tax Service To Drive-Thru Lanes
https://babylonbee.com/news/chick-fil-a-adds-tire-rotation-oil-change-car-wash-tax-service-to-drive-thru-lanes
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #330 on: November 18, 2023, 08:16:25 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #331 on: November 18, 2023, 09:44:38 PM »
I don't get it.
Chick-Fil-A is notorious for long drive-through lines. So if you're going to be there anyway, you may as well get some work done.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #332 on: November 20, 2023, 09:05:39 AM »
Long lines, but Jesus Chik'n moves those lines faster than anyone else.

We had a fire drill at our one office the other week. Had us outside for quite awhile because they were doing inspections, as well.

When we went back in they had CFA chicken and sausage biscuits for us.

I'm still not sure why CFA biscuits are so freaking popular. They're OK, but they're no better, really, than the ones McDonald's has.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #333 on: November 27, 2023, 02:26:45 PM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #334 on: November 27, 2023, 07:41:47 PM »
Chick-Fil-A is notorious for long drive-through lines. So if you're going to be there anyway, you may as well get some work done.

At work, we currently have an application from the local Chick-fil-A to replace the canopy over their drive-thru window. The work will require closing down the drive-thru for the duration (unspecified) of the construction process. The line, especially at lunch time, is always insanely long and the restaurant is on a very busy road that is a numbered state highway (not limited access). So we asked them to submit a traffic plan so we could have some assurance that the line wouldn't spill over onto the state road and create more of a traffic headache than we already have.

After two MONTHS of silence, we finally had a response last week that said (paraphrased), "We're not adding any parking so what's the problem? Can we have our permit now?"

Ummm . . . no. How about answering the question?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #335 on: November 28, 2023, 03:07:53 PM »
Disney Awarded Defense Contract After Producing More Bombs Than Lockheed Martin
https://babylonbee.com/news/disney-awarded-dod-contract-after-making-more-bombs-than-lockheed-martin
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #336 on: November 28, 2023, 03:08:55 PM »
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 05:00:29 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #337 on: November 29, 2023, 09:19:01 AM »
Chick-fil-A, Buc-ee's, Hobby Lobby Merge To Form Most Popular Store Of All Time
https://babylonbee.com/news/chick-fil-a-buc-ees-hobby-lobby-merge-to-form-most-popular-store-of-all-time
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #338 on: November 29, 2023, 09:49:10 AM »
Chick-fil-A, Buc-ee's, Hobby Lobby Merge To Form Most Popular Store Of All Time
https://babylonbee.com/news/chick-fil-a-buc-ees-hobby-lobby-merge-to-form-most-popular-store-of-all-time
But will it be open on Sunday?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #339 on: November 29, 2023, 09:50:44 AM »
But will it be open on Sunday?

Yes, but only every other hour.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #340 on: November 30, 2023, 06:03:22 PM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #341 on: November 30, 2023, 09:27:47 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #342 on: December 05, 2023, 10:52:00 AM »
Probably closer to the truth than many of us care for

Public Educators Warn Low Literacy Rates May Prevent Kids From Reading About Gay Sex
https://babylonbee.com/news/public-educators-warn-high-illiteracy-rates-may-prevent-kids-from-reading-about-gay-sex
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #343 on: December 06, 2023, 05:40:13 PM »
California Man Confused Why He Would Play 'GTA VI' When He Can Commit Crimes Without Consequence In Real Life
https://babylonbee.com/news/california-man-confused-why-he-would-play-gta-vi-when-he-can-commit-crimes-without-consequence-in-real-life
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #344 on: December 06, 2023, 05:41:05 PM »
Husband Reaches Out To NSA To See If They Know What His Wife Wants For Christmas
https://babylonbee.com/news/husband-reaches-out-to-nsa-to-see-if-they-know-what-his-wife-wants-for-christmas
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #345 on: December 06, 2023, 06:01:25 PM »
" 'Yes, we knew things would be different in the California market,' said public relations director Jacob Loera. 'But we figured GTA-vi wouldn't draw much revenue in California anyway because all of the copies would be stolen instead of purchased.' "
:rofl:
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #346 on: December 08, 2023, 09:29:53 AM »
 :rofl:

The Babylon Bee Writers Stand In Solidarity With Our Fellow Fake News Writers Going On Strike At The Washington Post
https://babylonbee.com/news/the-babylon-bee-writers-stand-in-solidarity-with-our-fellow-fake-news-writers-going-on-strike-at-the-washington-post
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #347 on: December 11, 2023, 04:35:26 PM »
Children On Best Behavior After Santa Announces Naughty Kids Now Receive 'The Marvels' On Blu-Ray
https://babylonbee.com/news/children-on-best-behavior-after-santa-announces-naughty-kids-now-receive-the-marvels-on-blu-ray
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #348 on: December 14, 2023, 04:38:59 PM »
Man Takes Wife On Date To Very Expensive Restaurant Only To Find McFlurry Machine Broken
https://babylonbee.com/news/man-takes-wife-on-date-to-extremely-expensive-restaurant-only-to-find-mcflurry-machine-broken
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #349 on: December 14, 2023, 04:44:50 PM »
Cybertruck To Come With Deployable Scoop For Removing Climate Change Protesters From Roadway
https://babylonbee.com/news/cybertruck-to-come-with-deployable-scoop-for-removing-climate-change-protesters-from-roadway
- Calvin and Hobbes