Author Topic: Got a letter from the IRS today.  (Read 800 times)

Jim147

• friends
Got a letter from the IRS today.
« on: June 10, 2009, 05:10:54 PM »
I got a big bill for 2007 with interest from 04-15-08 to 07-08-09 already included for me. :lol:

They are wrong. I have already checked on the amount in question and I received it in 2008.
The problem is now I have to deal with the IRS and two states. If you have never dealt with the state of Misery your lucky. They audited me the first five years I lived here. The last year I got a letter from the that it would go to court so I took my return to the DA and asked how much tax payer money did they want to spend. They looked it over and I have not heard back from the state since.

On a side note of this. If an investment company is sending false information to the IRS should I push for something to be done? Or with all the Wallstreet handouts do you think this will be ignored?

Wow I usually get bad news in the mail on Friday when I can't do anything about it till Monday. :laugh:

I know my documentation will prove I'm right. But if there are any professionals out there with any advice I would listen to it.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re: Got a letter from the IRS today.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 06:24:57 PM »
On a side note of this. If an investment company is sending false information to the IRS should I push for something to be done? Or with all the Wallstreet handouts do you think this will be ignored?

The IRS is separate from the agencies involved in the bailout.  With the bailout going on I doubt it'd make national news, but you never know.

And heck yes I'd report them.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Got a letter from the IRS today.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 06:29:26 PM »
I finally got a good letter from the IRS:
We run a small business, and use a payroll provider, who file payroll taxes in our name.
"Dear XXX L.L.C.,
Our records show that you filed an ID10T form.  You are required according to statute XYZ to file a PRCKE7 form.  Please file the appropriate form or we will burn you at the stake and eat your children".
I call my payroll provider, they take care of it.  For the last year, every month, I got the same form.  My payroll provider was like "WTF"?
Finally, the IRS got with the program and I got a letter telling me we had filed the correct form.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”