Author Topic: Two Good Samaritans  (Read 648 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Two Good Samaritans
« on: January 22, 2017, 11:58:06 PM »
One was unarmed and sadly, died. The other was a CCW holder and shot one of the robbers:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/23/one-killed-5-hospitalized-in-san-antonio-mall-robbery-gone-really-really-bad.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Two Good Samaritans
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 09:26:58 AM »
Not a lot of helpful info there, and I wonder what "intervened" means in this case. Could mean sticking an arm out to block the path, could mean dragging iron. Also doesn't say whether he was shot inside or outside the store.

If two guys came into an enclosed space like there and I was there, I'd be tempted to draw down on them and have it out. But only if I had the element of surprise, and not if my wife was with me. Just too much that can go wrong. If they were already shooting, of course, then you do what you have to.

Glad the other guy tagged one at least.

The other suspect managed to escape the mall, firing at bystanders as he went. Police said later Sunday that the second suspect was arrested.

I hope this guy burns in hell.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

rcnixon

• friend
Re: Two Good Samaritans
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 08:01:33 PM »
Not a lot of helpful info there, and I wonder what "intervened" means in this case. Could mean sticking an arm out to block the path, could mean dragging iron. Also doesn't say whether he was shot inside or outside the store.

If two guys came into an enclosed space like there and I was there, I'd be tempted to draw down on them and have it out. But only if I had the element of surprise, and not if my wife was with me. Just too much that can go wrong. If they were already shooting, of course, then you do what you have to.

Glad the other guy tagged one at least.

I hope this guy burns in hell.

It is Texas, he'll probably be destroyed like the diseased animal he is.