Author Topic: Trump tells the truth. MSM "it's mostly spin".  (Read 980 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Trump tells the truth. MSM "it's mostly spin".
« on: January 31, 2018, 10:40:12 AM »
Heard the one below on the radio this morning. The lengths they will go to twist themselves into calling him a liar.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/politics-news/state-of-the-union-fact-check-what-donald-trump-is-claiming.html
TRUMP CLAIM: "In recent weeks, two terrorist attacks in New York were made possible by the visa lottery and chain migration. In the age of terrorism, these programs present risks we can just no longer afford. It is time to reform these outdated immigration rules, and finally bring our immigration system into the 21st century."

OUR TAKE: Mostly spin

WHY: Both men entered the country legally through the two programs President Trump mentioned and were not radicalized until years after they arrived in the U.S.

So, he says these terrorists got into the U.S. because of the diversity visa and chain migration.

The MSM says, yes they did, but SEE they weren't terrorists BEFORE they got here. (And we know that how...?) So Trump is lying.

Be sure to check out the rest of the "Trump is just lying!" spin from the MSM.

(I'd like to see someone do a side-by-side comparison of how the same sort of statement from Trump will get a "mostly false" or "mostly spin" while Obama would get a "mostly true" or "true".)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Trump tells the truth. MSM "it's mostly spin".
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 11:03:53 AM »
Aren't they the ones who claimed that Obama only told 8 lies during his entire presidency?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 11:40:51 AM »
Aren't they the ones who claimed that Obama only told 8 lies during his entire presidency?

Scandal-free presidency. You forgot to say "scandal-free."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 02:32:36 PM »
They can kiss my sweet biscuits.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 03:05:37 PM »

I dunno.....some booklet circulated during Obama's first term claimed he'd told 69 lies.... [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 09:52:51 AM »
Logically, the fact that some terrorist radicalize after coming to the USA out is an even better reason to crack down on immigration from Muslim countries.

If they don't radicalize under after coming, no matter what "extreme vetting" is in place it can't catch them.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 09:29:18 PM »
I used to get angry and upset, now I just point and laugh...

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/01/31/journalism-vox-fact-checks-trumps-numbers-on-black-unemployment-finds-them-accurate/

Didn't the Republicans control Congress during Obama's second term? Might that have influenced the statistics?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design