Author Topic: Pranks that would not work well in countries where  (Read 997 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Pranks that would not work well in countries where
« on: August 29, 2013, 11:57:55 PM »
carrying guns is allowed.

http://tinyurl.com/oty4hys

In my office hallway?  That puppy's going down!

Let the caliber wars begin.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Pranks that would not work well in countries where
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 01:16:43 AM »
Well, if I actually were set upon by a dinosaur of that size or larger, the only thing I'm using a handgun for is to shoot you in the leg so I can outrun it while it eats you. (Not meaning "you" Skidmark but a generic "you".)

Handgun versus a Velociraptor? Only as a last resort.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Pranks that would not work well in countries where
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 01:17:54 AM »
Kind of ruined if you've seen one of those dino-costumes at the local museum.  :P
I promise not to duck.

Regolith

• friend
Re: Re: Pranks that would not work well in countries where
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 02:10:04 AM »
Well, if I actually were set upon by a dinosaur of that size or larger, the only thing I'm using a handgun for is to shoot you in the leg so I can outrun it while it eats you. (Not meaning "you" Skidmark but a generic "you".)

Handgun versus a Velociraptor? Only as a last resort.

Velociraptor's are actually pretty small...not much bigger than a large turkey. Handgun rounds should work fine; better yet 12 gauge with lead BB shot.

Something that size would actually be a Utahraptor. Think a very fast grizzly bear.

/pedant
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 07:45:14 AM »
Because I'm a modern human and understand Velociraptors (and Utahraptors) are extinct, I won't be so quick to pull my gun on someone engaging in a bit of performance art.  Just as I wouldn't pull my gun on a group of pirates (a la Pirates of the Caribbean, not the Somali-style ones) performing in the street.

Chris

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 08:05:11 AM »
Because I'm a modern human and understand Velociraptors (and Utahraptors) are extinct, I won't be so quick to pull my gun on someone engaging in a bit of performance art.  Just as I wouldn't pull my gun on a group of pirates (a la Pirates of the Caribbean, not the Somali-style ones) performing in the street.

Chris

Party pooper!  (But yeah, it would take quite a bit of suspending of disbelief to cause a reasonable person to pull and shoot.  $Diety knows what all those less-than-reasonable goons out there might do.)

How about if the "victim" were to respond based on reason and start chasing the beast, whacking at it with their briefcase or even their bare hands?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 09:30:46 AM »
Because I'm a modern human and understand Velociraptors (and Utahraptors) are extinct, I won't be so quick to pull my gun on someone engaging in a bit of performance art.  Just as I wouldn't pull my gun on a group of pirates (a la Pirates of the Caribbean, not the Somali-style ones) performing in the street.
Fair enough.

But I guess it would be a bad idea to stage some "performance art" involving a bash mob or "urban yout" gangbangers around you, eh?  ;)

(BTW, neat costume for a Halloween group . . . I envision a group of "cavemen" being chased by a carnosaur down the street; nevermind the 125,000,000 year differential between the two.)

As long as we're on the topic of funny videos . . . this one speaks for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxqIITtTtU&sns=em
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:48:32 AM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 09:47:31 AM »
Fair enough.

But I guess it would be a bad idea to stage some "performance art" involving a bash mob or "urban yout" gangbangers around you, eh?  ;)

(BTW, neat costume for a Halloween group . . . I envision a group of "cavemen" being chased by a carnosaur down the street; nevermind the 125,000,000 year differential between the two.)

I take it you haven't seen the documentaries "Caveman" and "1 Million B.C"
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 06:20:57 PM »

Chris

Monster Hunter International is real to -me- dammit!
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 06:24:43 PM »

That's genius! :rofl:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic